AZCoder

Left Shift and Other Keybinding Problems

I have a specific problem with Left Shift. Regardless of how I bind it, pushing the key is the same as the "nose down" command, so if I'm in a fixed wing aircraft and push shift, it heads for the ground. It's not set to do that, just does it anyway. Is this a common problem?

Also there is an option to bind the F key in Eden Editor, which I have tried clearing out, but it always reverts to focusing on a map object. The problem is that when moving the cam around with WASD, I commonly hit F by mistake and it throws off everything. Is anyone able to rebind the F key in Eden?

Thanks!

Does anyone have keybinding problems? Could someone fly a plane and hold left shift and let me know if it plummets into the ground? Is this the right forum?

yes, i have the same exactly problem, when flying heli/plane and i look on map (M button) and i press ctrl+left mouse to set my way-point, my heli/plane aim down and i risk every time to crash. same problem with plane afterburners.

any suggestions?

thanks

• Thanks 1

I have no solution, still hoping someone does.

I don't have this problem (Vanilla Arma). I don't have anymore key binding for nose up/down bank left/right. Only mouse (and joystick) movements.

• Thanks 1

There are alot if keybinding problems in A3. Plenty of keys that are binded by default that you cant change. VERY annoying.

22 minutes ago, andersson said:

There are alot if keybinding problems in A3. Plenty of keys that are binded by default that you cant change. VERY annoying.

Are you sure? I thought everything could be changed.

Not in the editor. F key as one example in the first post, some camera movements are also problematic

• Like 1

They also switched from a passive to active reading of controllers, meaning that before a couple years ago, you would have to change a controller's position before it would be read in the keybinding (which was awesome). Now it reads it constantly, making it impossible to change keybindings unless I disable the controller or put them in as neutral a position as possible. I have Saitek pedals and there is no center position, so they always get included when I try to change or set any keybinding.

This is off topic, but has anyone noticed that animals such as snakes and flies can open doors? Yes flies open doors! I'm in the editor 99% of the time, and when you're the only "sentient" on the map and doors are opening on their own, you either start believing in ghosts, or you notice the little snake slither out the door, LOL.

• Like 1

@AZCoder     ''They also switched from a passive to active reading of controllers, meaning that before a couple years ago, you would have to change a controller's position before it would be read in the keybinding (which was awesome). Now it reads it constantly, making it impossible to change keybindings unless I disable the controller or put them in as neutral a position as possible. I have Saitek pedals and there is no center position, so they always get included when I try to change or set any keybinding.''

Finally somebody else, i have the exact same problem and its driving me nuts. Each time i want to remap a key, i have to go to the controller settings and disable both my TM t.16000m and TM TWCS throttle. Not sure about the Warthog though, need to check that. Have you found a solution for this?

BTW; this is the exact issue on the feedback tracker which has been ingnored by the devs for almost 3 years now! Kudos for a game that leans towards the simulation genre!

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T82394

@xon2 my only solution is to disable the controllers (within the game), change keybindings, then enable them again. I haven't had to remap the controllers since before the problem started way back when. At least Arma 3 doesn't randomly blow out the settings like Arma 2 did.

So one way to deal with it if its about Thrustmaster products is to set up a new TARGET script and disable the offending axes. In my case, the TM TWCS throttle registers a constant signal from the port-connector where i could plug in the TM TFRP rudder pedals (if i owned them that is). No idea why the damn thing give a false positiv although nothing is plugged in there.

On 30/03/2018 at 2:53 AM, AZCoder said:

This is off topic, but has anyone noticed that animals such as snakes and flies can open doors? Yes flies open doors! I'm in the editor 99% of the time, and when you're the only "sentient" on the map and doors are opening on their own, you either start believing in ghosts, or you notice the little snake slither out the door, LOL.

Yes, more frequently. Now, i disable all ambient animals for some scenarios. I hope saving some CPU resource. And, truly, it's more immersive than crossing endless rabbit or snake paths.

• Thanks 1