haretuerk

Running linux servers in 2018?

Gentlemen,

is there anybody out there running an Operation Flashpoint/Arma:CWA linux server (1.96 oder 1.99) on an up-to-date linux system like Ubuntu 17 or CentOS 7?

Because I would like to, but can't manage it ...

Thanks for help.

Thanks for the reply. I do have all files you can imagine: OFP 1.96 original, Arma:CWA (Steam, both, win and linux), linuxserver1.96.shar (server binaries) etc.

Some years ago I was able to manage installing and running OFP servers but on older linux machines. Now I always receive following error message:

WATCHDOG (15151): [Mi 17. Jan 22:04:44 CET 2018] Starting server (port 2302)...
22:04:45 Dedicated server created, memory used: 4112 KB
Server creation failed : 2302

Hours of googling this error message could not help me. Suggestions about a misconfigured firewall must be wrong, because there is no firewall running...

Hostname of your Linux machine must be - lower case, not have "_","-" , numbers and other characherts.

Good example: linuxmaschine, haretuerk or e.t.c.

11 hours ago, _xetex_ said:

Hostname of your Linux machine must be - lower case, not have "_","-" , numbers and other characherts.

Good example: linuxmaschine, haretuerk or e.t.c.

Yes, I knew that and use lower case only... thanks for the suggestion.

I hope its not to late - please post your linux "ofpserver" file here, the file is in the ofp directory. In the old file are failure.

I do have all the right files for running a dedicated server under a new Linux system.

I tried it 2 years ago and it worked with Ubuntu 16, I gonna look up the files tonight and try to run it under Ubuntu 18.

If it works I will post the files