When a (backpack) respawn tent have been assembled and then disassembled, it seems that the respawn map-marker will not be removed.

Further, trying to re-assemble the tent does not move the map-marker, and only the previous respawn-position is  available in the respawn menu.

Anyone know if this is an engine bug, or deliberate?

PS! I'm using latest dev. build.

Edited by realZNorQ
Added build info

Can no one help me with this ? Or did I post it in the wrong section?

29 minutes ago, realZNorQ said:

Can no one help me with this ? Or did I post it in the wrong section?

Moved your thread to the correct location.

Hm. Seems to work fine for me. Though then again, I have only tested with "Camp (Dome Tent)" type and in Eden SP, not MP. Can you provide more information please? If it the issue persists then you can probably use WeaponDisassembled EH with some code to delete the marker.

13 hours ago, HazJ said:

Hm. Seems to work fine for me. Though then again, I have only tested with "Camp (Dome Tent)" type and in Eden SP, not MP. Can you provide more information please? If it the issue persists then you can probably use WeaponDisassembled EH with some code to delete the marker.

Not sure what more info you need, but yes, it's in MP it is a problem. I use EDEN ofcourse to design the mission, and when I test it out in MP (only me as player though, and still within Eden), it is as stated earlier - won't move the marker when I disassemble/reassemble the tent.

I've tried all three tents.

I've tried the WeaponDisassembled, and I see I need the code to find the correct marker, find it and delete it. For that I guess I'm going to have to use allMapMarkers. To find the correct marker, I guess I have to use setVehicleVarName when assembling the tent so that I can easily find the correct on in allMapMarkers.

It's been such a long time since I've scripted, so I have a lot to re-learn.

As I stated, it worked for me but I only tested in SP Eden so I guess it must be MP only related. Try this:

player addEventHandler ["WeaponDisassembled",
{
	params ["_unit", "_primaryBag", "_secondaryBag"];
	deleteMarker format ["%1 (%2)", getText (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> (typeOf _primaryBag) >> "displayName"), (name _unit)];
	hintSilent format ["Marker deleted: %1 (%2)", getText (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> (typeOf _primaryBag) >> "displayName"), (name _unit)];
}];

I tested the tent in my MP mission and it worked great. I'm running version 1.80. Maybe its bug in one of the respawn modes? I use "Respawn on custom position".

On 23.1.2018 at 6:29 PM, gc8 said:

I tested the tent in my MP mission and it worked great. I'm running version 1.80. Maybe its bug in one of the respawn modes? I use "Respawn on custom position".

I use "Respawn on custom pos" as well, and no options selected. I'm running dev. verison, 1.81.xxxx (todays).

On 23.1.2018 at 5:20 PM, HazJ said:

As I stated, it worked for me but I only tested in SP Eden so I guess it must be MP only related. Try this:

player addEventHandler ["WeaponDisassembled",
{
	params ["_unit", "_primaryBag", "_secondaryBag"];
	deleteMarker format ["%1 (%2)", getText (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> (typeOf _primaryBag) >> "displayName"), (name _unit)];
	hintSilent format ["Marker deleted: %1 (%2)", getText (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> (typeOf _primaryBag) >> "displayName"), (name _unit)];
}];

Sadly, it didn't work... :/

I'm going to try something similar, but not through the configs. However, I'm not certain it will work globally for all players...

You might need to globally delete the marker. remoteExec

3 hours ago, HazJ said:

You might need to globally delete the marker. remoteExec

I found another solution - skipped the respawn tents. However, I'm not sure if my solution is MP-proof, but I guess time will tell. Too bad about the tents.

Thanks for the feedback, folks.