Dwarden

Arma 2 OA, update 1.64 build 144629, release candidate for EOL (End of Life)

@Sgt_Kelly Before you start game delete whole class MainMap from your ArmA2OAProfile and see if that fix your problem:

class MainMap
{
    class Compass
    {
        inBack=0;
        position[]={-0.047599997,-0.044625003,0.2};
        positionBack[]={0.0069999932,0,0.1};
    };
    class Watch
    {
        inBack=0;
        position[]={-0.061740004,-0.046856251,0.20999999};
        positionBack[]={-0.0077000009,0,0.11};
    };
    class WalkieTalkie
    {
        inBack=1;
        position[]={0.093999997,-0.043000001,0.25};
        positionBack[]={0.28,-0.155,0.625};
    };
    class GPS2
    {
        inBack=0;
        position[]={-0.021560004,-0.049087502,0.22};
        positionBack[]={0.016799992,0,0.12};
    };
};

23 hours ago, Horus said:

@Sgt_Kelly Before you start game delete whole class MainMap from your ArmA2OAProfile and see if that fix your problem:

No change.

Class was reset:

Spoiler

class MainMap
{
    class Compass
    {
        inBack=0;
        position[]={-0.045351934,0.011420698,0.2};
        positionBack[]={0.0068200077,2.771616e-009,0.1};
    };
    class Watch
    {
        inBack=0;
        position[]={0.015058238,-0.016044633,0.20999999};
        positionBack[]={-0.0075019966,3.0487777e-009,0.11};
    };
    class WalkieTalkie
    {
        inBack=1;
        position[]={0.093999997,-0.043000001,0.25};
        positionBack[]={0.28,-0.155,0.625};
    };
    class GPS2
    {
        inBack=0;
        position[]={-0.021005588,-0.047825247,0.22};
        positionBack[]={0.016368005,3.3259391e-009,0.12};
    };
};

I know that class will be reset but you can move "Rolex" again ;)

Would like to mention that the LOD problem still exists, at least for me that is. Here's a video of the flickering:

I don't see why BI Devs can't simply make a fix to the LOD for 1.62, which most of the mods are fully compatible with, and 1.64, the final end product for Arma 2. I'm not asking for new features, just a fix for the LOD. This problem dates all the way back to 2012 with update 1.62: https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/130182-lod-switching-issue-since-162/

On 5/7/2018 at 7:15 AM, OMAC said:

Hi all, I couldn't get A2 to start until I deleted it and redownloaded.  I was getting errors saying I had to update game 33910 - most likely the double A2 game ID issue Dwarden mentioned. 

After starting Steam in admin mode, etc., A2 CO is working.  But I always have to enter admin password for "Steam client service" (**) when starting A2 OA when Steam is started in normal, non-admin mode....  Something with BattleEye?  How can I stop that?  I'm running A2 stable, A2 OA beta branches.

I'm still getting the old error

Warning Message: Script CorePatch\CorePatch_WF\Scripts\Server\Server_UpdateAirport.sqf not found

when starting Bear Rising and other A2 missions.

(**)  The Steam client service is looking for a missing "runasadmin.vdf" install script in the A2 OA folder, for game 33930 (BattleEye, I think).

Two issues using current beta:

1) Every time A2 OA is started (A2 CO, all DLCs installed), a file named 33930_install.vdf appears in OA Steam folder.  I think the file refers to BattleEye.  There is some problem with the Steam client service running this file that is causing the UAC prompt (see above quote) for running as admin to appear every time OA is started.  It looks like the "one time startup/installation task" is being run on every startup.  Another file also appears (33934_install.vdf), this one for ACR.

2) There seems to be a problem with directional sound.  If player is standing on ground, and a chopper flies in from left, the stereo sound of the chopper comes from the right.  The issue is quite noticeable.   Never mind.  Problem solved!

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:14 PM, g0liath86 said:

Hi @JOHN007

thank your for your feedback regarding the flares' bug. I think that I've solved it with simples config changes. As far as I know there is not a script that control the particle effects of the flares (the previously script you've posted is for the countermeasures).

Thank you again!

Goliath

Hello Goliath thankyou for the reply.

Would you kindly provide the config parameters please for the dedicated Arma 2 community. This bug is killing us. SOS.

The stringtables of OA\Expansion languages.pbo and languagesmissions.pbo have 'HMMMX' instead of 'HMMWV'.  This seems to be have occurred where it is all capitalized, because the lower case used for the string names remain 'hmmwv'.  Reviewing the stringtables it seemed all of captalized HMMWV were changed to HMMMX.

The change is observed in Warfare's west Light factories when playing CO or OA standalone.  The factory descriptions come from config value display name, which use strings from the stringtables.  A2 seems not affected.

- edit -- Also stringtables of  languages_e.pbo and languagemissions_e.pbo.

verified local files and same result.

that's correct and on purpose stays that way

language strings  were changed both for A2 and A2OA

Does A2 beta still = A2 stable?  Or should we test the A2 beta?

They're not the same.  I was running A2 stable.  Switched A2 back to beta, and received the update to missions, modules and warfare.  So test them, yes.

What I see so far, the 'Bear Rising' airport issue is resolved in A2 and OA.

The SOM lag on first SecOp has been resolved for standalone OA but still occurs in A2 and CO, the A2\Addons SOM hasn't yet gotten the init.sqf that the OA\Common SOM updated with.

A2\Addons isn't showing update to languages and languagemissions pbo's, but OA\Expansion does.

--edit: Also Silvie error in A2 from using an OA command is resolved.

RU faction in Warfare builds "KORD_high" defense where config had "DSHKM_RU" before.

-- Not seen in game, but found the Warfare2 squads config in the example missions have a bad 'for-do' count resolved.  The same error in Warfare2_e squads config is not yet corrected.  An OA squads config in Warfare2 is used which has the correction, so the Warfare2_e squads config has been redundant, but is an issue when mission makers have a custom init compiling squads from the Warfare2_e config.  Which could be the case where they copied an older WF Init_Common.sqf and used it in their mission.

Would be good if the Warfare2_e squads config gets corrected too.  (Basically replacing the squads config of Warfare2_e with a copy of the corrected one in Warfare2 'OA' folder.  Then the corrected config would run whether mission makers copied an older or newer Init_Common.)

Edited by opusfmspol

Yes, I concur that Bear Rising "airport issue" has been fixed!  :rthumb:  Using A2 beta.

the A2 corepatch content is now only in A2 beta branch

and those additional fixes aren't yet done (waiting for @goliath86

On ‎24‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 2:39 AM, JOHN007 said:

Would you kindly provide the config parameters please for the dedicated Arma 2 community. This bug is killing us. SOS.

Hi JOHN007!

The fix that I've used is this:

class cfgAmmo {
	class FlareCore;

class FlareBase: FlareCore {
        timeToLive = 80;
        brightness = 200;
        intensity  = 1000000;
    };

class F_40mm_White: FlareBase {
        timeToLive = 40;
        brightness = 100;
        intensity  = 5;
    };

class F_40mm_Green: F_40mm_White
	{
	};

class F_40mm_Red: F_40mm_White
	{
	};

class F_40mm_Yellow: F_40mm_White
	{
	};
};

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 2:28 PM, g0liath86 said:

Hi JOHN007!

The fix that I've used is this:

class cfgAmmo {
	class FlareCore;

class FlareBase: FlareCore {
        timeToLive = 80;
        brightness = 200;
        intensity  = 1000000;
    };

class F_40mm_White: FlareBase {
        timeToLive = 40;
        brightness = 100;
        intensity  = 5;
    };

class F_40mm_Green: F_40mm_White
	{
	};

class F_40mm_Red: F_40mm_White
	{
	};

class F_40mm_Yellow: F_40mm_White
	{
	};
};

Hello goliath86 thankyou for the reply much appreciated.

The config 100% fixes the flares!! Thankyou ever so much for helping us! How did you fix this bug?? You are a Genius. I've noticed you mentioned that I posted a config for the countermeasures? The reason I ask is because unfortunately the aircraft countermeasures still cause the z fighting bugs even though the flares from example an m203 work correctly. Its really strange but I cannot find the post for the countermeasures? Do you know where/what the baseclass name is for the countermeasures? If we could replicate your settings I'm sure it would work.

Thankyou again for your time and expertise Arma looks outstanding at nighttime now!!

I SALUTE YOU SIR!! 

12 hours ago, JOHN007 said:

Hello goliath86 thankyou for the reply much appreciated.

The config 100% fixes the flares!! Thankyou ever so much for helping us! How did you fix this bug?? You are a Genius. I've noticed you mentioned that I posted a config for the countermeasures? The reason I ask is because unfortunately the aircraft countermeasures still cause the z fighting bugs even though the flares from example an m203 work correctly. Its really strange but I cannot find the post for the countermeasures? Do you know where/what the baseclass name is for the countermeasures? If we could replicate your settings I'm sure it would work.

Thankyou again for your time and expertise Arma looks outstanding at nighttime now!!

I SALUTE YOU SIR!! 

You're welcome JOHN007! Thank you again for the bug report. The countermeasures script you've posted is here: POST

I'll search for countermeasures baseclass and I'll inform you on any update ;)

Thank you again JOHN007

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 4:20 PM, g0liath86 said:

You're welcome JOHN007! Thank you again for the bug report. The countermeasures script you've posted is here: POST

I'll search for countermeasures baseclass and I'll inform you on any update ;)

Thank you again JOHN007

Hello Goliath86.

After much searching online found a few baseclass names for chaff magazines, adding the 60, 120 and 240 capacity mags to the config. Unfortunately I may have made an error, replicating the working config, or maybe the baseclass names are incorrect, I believe I need to find the actual bassclass of the projectile instead of the magazine classname? I'm not quite sure.

// Generated by unRap v1.06 by Kegetys

class CfgAmmo {
	class FlareCore;	// External class reference

class FlareBase : FlareCore {
		brightness = 200;
		size = 0.71;
		intensity = 1000000;
		ACE_Simulation = "shotFlare";
	};

class F_40mm_White : FlareBase {
		soundFly[] = {"\x\ace\addons\sys_flares\sound\flare.ogg", 0.1, 1};
		ace_sys_flares_SLOW = 1;
		ace_sys_flares_DAY = 1;
		ace_sys_flares_DESCEND = -2;
		ace_sys_flares_COLOR[] = {0.9, 0.9, 0.9, 0};
		timeToLive = 90;
		brightness = 100;
		intensity  = 5;
	};

class 60Rnd_CMFlare_Chaff_Magazine : F_40mm_White {
		ace_sys_flares_Color[] = {0.9, 0.9, 0.9, 0};
	};

class 120Rnd_CMFlare_Chaff_Magazine : F_40mm_White {
	};

class 240Rnd_CMFlare_Chaff_Magazine : F_40mm_White {
	};

class F_40mm_Green : F_40mm_White {
		ace_sys_flares_Color[] = {0.05, 0.9, 0.05, 0};
	};

class F_40mm_Red : F_40mm_White {
		ace_sys_flares_COLOR[] = {0.9, 0.05, 0.05, 0};
	};

class F_40mm_Yellow : F_40mm_White {
		ace_sys_flares_COLOR[] = {0.9, 0.9, 0.05, 0};
	};

Trying to find the Classname of the chaff projectile from the 240Rnd_CMFlare_Chaff_Magazine'' is difficult, could I ask the BIS Devs if they could help us here? Were just requesting a classname, should be reasonable enough right? Dwarden could you point us in the right direction here please? 

Thankyou for your time and hope to speak soon.

On ‎06‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 9:53 PM, JOHN007 said:

Hello Goliath86.

After much searching online found a few baseclass names for chaff magazines, adding the 60, 120 and 240 capacity mags to the config. Unfortunately I may have made an error, replicating the working config, or maybe the baseclass names are incorrect, I believe I need to find the actual bassclass of the projectile instead of the magazine classname? I'm not quite sure.

// Generated by unRap v1.06 by Kegetys

class CfgAmmo {
	class FlareCore;	// External class reference

class FlareBase : FlareCore {
		brightness = 200;
		size = 0.71;
		intensity = 1000000;
		ACE_Simulation = "shotFlare";
	};

class F_40mm_White : FlareBase {
		soundFly[] = {"\x\ace\addons\sys_flares\sound\flare.ogg", 0.1, 1};
		ace_sys_flares_SLOW = 1;
		ace_sys_flares_DAY = 1;
		ace_sys_flares_DESCEND = -2;
		ace_sys_flares_COLOR[] = {0.9, 0.9, 0.9, 0};
		timeToLive = 90;
		brightness = 100;
		intensity  = 5;
	};

class 60Rnd_CMFlare_Chaff_Magazine : F_40mm_White {
	};

class 120Rnd_CMFlare_Chaff_Magazine : F_40mm_White {
	};

class 240Rnd_CMFlare_Chaff_Magazine : F_40mm_White {
	};

class F_40mm_Green : F_40mm_White {
		ace_sys_flares_Color[] = {0.05, 0.9, 0.05, 0};
	};

class F_40mm_Red : F_40mm_White {
		ace_sys_flares_COLOR[] = {0.9, 0.05, 0.05, 0};
	};

class F_40mm_Yellow : F_40mm_White {
		ace_sys_flares_COLOR[] = {0.9, 0.9, 0.05, 0};
	};

Trying to find the Classname of the chaff projectile from the 240Rnd_CMFlare_Chaff_Magazine'' is difficult, could I ask the BIS Devs if they could help us here? Were just requesting a classname, should be reasonable enough right? Dwarden could you point us in the right direction here please? 

Thankyou for your time and hope to speak soon.

Hi JOHN007,

I've tried to reproduce on A2OA with no mods the countermeasures flickering bug you've mentioned but it seems it is not present. From what I see you are using ACE. On the config you've posted I saw that you correctly add my fix on baseclass but immediately after that (from class F_40mm_White) the previous fixes are overwrited with new values (brightness and intensity). Try to delete those values from the F_40mm_White class and see if it change something for you. I repeat that A2OA countermeasures are not affected by the flickering bug effect.

Thank you again JOHN007

- Goliath

I was just preparing to post, have been receiving these new errors from Russian side in Warfare missions.  Is this what is resolved?

Error in HTML file 
Context 4
Warning Message: Cannot load material file corepatch\corepatch_vehicles\textures\brdm2_01_damage.rvmat.
Cannot load material file corepatch\corepatch_vehicles\textures\brdm2_01_damage.rvmat
Warning Message: Cannot load material file corepatch\corepatch_vehicles\textures\brdm2_01_destruct.rvmat.
Cannot load material file corepatch\corepatch_vehicles\textures\brdm2_01_destruct.rvmat
Warning Message: Cannot load material file corepatch\corepatch_vehicles\textures\brdm2_02_damage.rvmat.
Cannot load material file corepatch\corepatch_vehicles\textures\brdm2_02_damage.rvmat
Warning Message: Cannot load material file corepatch\corepatch_vehicles\textures\brdm2_02_destruct.rvmat.
Cannot load material file corepatch\corepatch_vehicles\textures\brdm2_02_destruct.rvmat

Also have noticed that with latest update, the lag on first SOM SecOp is resolved using current beta A2 & CO.    :yay: yay!   Thank You so much!!

A2 beta data are now live in A2 stable branch,

new corepatch in A2OA 1.64 beta branch

• Thanks 1

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 9:16 PM, g0liath86 said:

Hi JOHN007,

I've tried to reproduce on A2OA with no mods the countermeasures flickering bug you've mentioned but it seems it is not present. From what I see you are using ACE. On the config you've posted I saw that you correctly add my fix on baseclass but immediately after that (from class F_40mm_White) the previous fixes are overwrited with new values (brightness and intensity). Try to delete those values from the F_40mm_White class and see if it change something for you. I repeat that A2OA countermeasures are not affected by the flickering bug effect.

Thank you again JOHN007

- Goliath

I had some problems on the unit so I had to reinstall, absolute nightmare. Now I have Arma online so I will edit the config ASAP. Just wondering from looking at the config from yourself that there are entries for brightness/intensity for the F_40_White, I replicated your settings into the Ace config. So may I ask which values are actually used here if I have brightness/intensity on both Flarecore and flarebase sections? So the theory is to have one set of brightness and intensity values across all flares? Would that be correct?

Thankyou again for your brilliant config, hope to speak soon.

Update here.

Unfortunately removing the F_40_White brightness/intensity values makes no difference I'm afraid. Also I have just Arma 2 OA with no Ace or other mods and from my testing with 3 PC's you can see Z-fighting bugs with the chaff countermeasures.

For example load up the standard Desert map, set the time to 20:30, and fly over to the centre of the map while ejecting countermeasures and you can see the bugs, with nightvision active.

Without nightvision you cant really see the terrain bug. May I ask can anyone verify this please if they got some spare time.

I honestly believe we need the actual classname of the chaff projectile so we can add it to the config and edit the values.

What is the classname for this projectile may I ask?

Thankyou again and hope to speak soon.

Since opusfmspol is the Warfare mission guru I'll ask a question that I just noticed with mods installed. Yes, with mods installed. Having no mods installed does not reproduce this notification.

Superpowers and When Diplomacy fails gives the following log message at the start "You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted???"

Which makes no sense to me whatsoever as I haven't touched any of the core files. These missions seem to play just fine even with this message. I haven't had time to check and see if there are other missions that produce this message but my question is are others getting this message with other mods installed? opusfmspol any input?