Dwarden

Arma 2 OA, update 1.64 build 144629, release candidate for EOL (End of Life)

5 hours ago, Dwarden said:

manual fix :

copy content of

\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye\

into

\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\BattlEye\

That's how it works.
Note:
You have to restart the Arma2 to work with OA.
Old executable file 1.63.131129.
Failed to verify 1 file at all times (Steam).

fixed  BE both in stable and beta

• Thanks 2

M134 fire rate is now broken. it takes about 1 min 35sec to shoot 4000 rounds at 4000rpm

5 hours ago, Ahhhh3456 said:

M134 fire rate is now broken. it takes about 1 min 35sec to shoot 4000 rounds at 4000rpm

Just did a test, took me just a bit above 60 seconds to fire all 4000 rounds at 4000 rpm: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/922550570578229973/604BF3A081788FEEB6285579D17BF83508257882/

Timer is visible in hint box, was started manually so few seconds ahead of actual shooting.

CorePatch_AntiProne breaks AI behaviour.

AI's will get stuck in Prone position for no reason, it happens to 80% of the ai's.

Happens both in singleplayer, campaign and multiplayer (warfare)

Always happen when they go to combat mode (reported targets), seen whole groups stay in prone,  a few from a squad, and even single ai's, slowing the whole game down.

When it happens on AI i control, they also ignore aware/danger/safe, they stay in prone unless you tell them to stand up, but then you have to keep managing his stance.

Also triggers AI's far away from combat (on my control)

On 4/5/2018 at 9:29 PM, Dwarden said:

manual fix :

copy content of

\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye\

into

\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\BattlEye\

... can't be fixed tonight due to logistics issues so next workday

Despite it's sort of solution, but, there is new error appears: "-No entry 'bin/config.bin/CfgMagazines.45Rnd_545x39_RPK'." Game is working, but there is memory error some times cut the game, and no more DMR NVG... Scope and zeroing has changed for many weaps. It's not only for me! I've asked many other players-same problems. Is there any additional manual solution?

10x

Edited by without_nic
Was given wrong quote

@without_nic

Epoch related issues, see the Epoch discord and get new version of the mod with fix

@daleyg

issue forwarded to corepatch team

On 8.4.2018 at 12:49 AM, daleyg said:

AI's will get stuck in Prone position for no reason, it happens to 80% of the ai's.

Always happen when they go to combat mode (reported targets), seen whole groups stay in prone,  a few from a squad, and even single ai's, slowing the whole game down.

When it happens on AI i control, they also ignore aware/danger/safe, they stay in prone unless you tell them to stand up, but then you have to keep managing his stance.

Corepatch_AntiProne also causes weired AI crew behavior. It's noticable when wheeled vehicles with gunner are under fire. The drivers are randomly ordered to disembark without any comprehensible reason. IMO I'd rather leave it out of the final patch, it's seems to cause more problems than it solves.

1 hour ago, Dwarden said:

@without_nic

Epoch related issues, see the Epoch discord and get new version of the mod with fix

How does it related to Epoch? I don't play Epoch, I play Origins!

Edited by without_nic
Correction Info

9 hours ago, without_nic said:

How does it related to Epoch? I don't play Epoch, I play Origins!

in that case same problem different origin :)

both mods touch config entries which Corepatch fixes hence collision will occur

Origins need to update (directly) or simple patch for Origins needs to be made

1.64.144629 (cumulative ontop 144373)

+ additional crashfixes

+ other minor fixes

~ linux dedicated server fix WIP, TBA

On 4/7/2018 at 6:49 PM, daleyg said:

Are you using ASR AI by chance? I've noticed AI behavior similar to what you described but it was with the ASR AI mod enabled and it was more like 10% of AI and not the 80% you described.

On 4/8/2018 at 7:16 PM, uzabit said:

Corepatch_AntiProne also causes weired AI crew behavior. It's noticable when wheeled vehicles with gunner are under fire. The drivers are randomly ordered to disembark without any comprehensible reason. IMO I'd rather leave it out of the final patch, it's seems to cause more problems than it solves.

Haven't noticed this yet but to be honest I modified the core patch Anti-Prone file a long time ago on my end mainly because it seemed to cause prone conflicts with the ASR AI mod where a few AI units would stay in the prone position indefinetly. After consideration I can't say the Anti-Prone portion of Corepatch is really a necessary feature or fix for that matter. IMO.

Updated 04-11-2018:

Was something changed with the game sounds? It sounds as if a phantom invisible unit is running around the map with the squad. Never noticed this before. I know it's not a great description but has something been updated with any of the movement sounds??? 

On 4/9/2018 at 12:38 PM, Dwarden said:

in that case same problem different origin :)

both mods touch config entries which Corepatch fixes hence collision will occur

Origins need to update (directly) or simple patch for Origins needs to be made

I'm back from native Origins Mod forum: Forum dead, I wasn't able even to post that bug on that forum, nothing happens there, and its looks like nobody cares about Origins mod anymore.

So now my question is- all those players, which are still playing Origins, may go fak their selves now? :-(

I have local variables getting accepted in editor init fields, and surrender module doesn't seem to be functioning at all, but it was two days ago.   Is anybody else experiencing this?  verifying cache and deleting/redownloading pbo's  hasn't helped.  My next step is full reinstall.

edit:--

Reproduction: [deleted, was bad example]

Full reinstall of Steam, A2 and OA done.  Same result.

But on a plus side, the 'cannot find sound' spams aren't appearing in OA .rpt log, which is a great help with mission debugging.

Disregard surrender module, error was mine.  Found units set captive get excluded.  I hadn't realized that.   (DOH!  *headslap*  --ow)

But still having local variables accepted in editor init fields, and don't know if that's an issue or not.  _testing = true does not give a 'local variable in global space' error, but: _ok = _this execVM .... does cause the local in global error.  It isn't an error on _ok, it's an error on _this.  That's where the cursor rests when the error is acknowledged.

@opusfmspol That is normal. The _this special private variable should not be used in unit init fields because it is undefined. The proper variable to use is this which contains the unit the init is assigned to.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setVehicleInit

You can always use regular private variables if you want though. That is the same as it has always been. Test in the current 1.63 patch and you will see the same behavior.

Hi all, I couldn't get A2 to start until I deleted it and redownloaded.  I was getting errors saying I had to update game 33910 - most likely the double A2 game ID issue Dwarden mentioned. 

After starting Steam in admin mode, etc., A2 CO is working.  But I always have to enter admin password for "Steam client service" (**) when starting A2 OA when Steam is started in normal, non-admin mode....  Something with BattleEye?  How can I stop that?  I'm running A2 stable, A2 OA beta branches.

I'm still getting the old error

Warning Message: Script CorePatch\CorePatch_WF\Scripts\Server\Server_UpdateAirport.sqf not found

when starting Bear Rising and other A2 missions.

(**)  The Steam client service is looking for a missing "runasadmin.vdf" install script in the A2 OA folder, for game 33930 (BattleEye, I think).

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 2:25 PM, Dwarden said:

well 1.64.x is mandatory cause that's what you get and will be final ...

hence why i would prefer to see results on that to compare with 1.63 to avoid regressions

note: generic description of load map, fire flare, see the bug is reason things fail to get fixed cause that's sort of useless report

what exact time, what weapon, what flare ...

e.g. repro mission solves that problem

same for video or screenshots w/o it i or QA most likely fails to figure what you talk about 

also take in mind flares usually aren't the illuminating flares but signaling flares (different purpose, intensity and lit time is way shorter)

Hello Dwarden thanks for the reply.

I have wrote a detailed description of the issue and provided a test mission that's all setup for you to test, the download link is still there? You must have missed the original post regarding this? I honestly thought you had already downloaded the test mission? Here is the post again from Feb 27th.

Posted February 27

Arma 2 OA 1.64.1443373

I'll provide a simple mission for diagnostic.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e0wac1zcpf3dds0/FLARETEST.Takistan.rar?dl=0

No mods, just a normal install of Arma2 and OA.

All you have to do is activate NVG and fire a flare straight up, anytime after 20:30 the bug is at its worse.

Vegetation starts flashing/flickering between a white texture and a black square as some kind of alpha bug?

Huge black squares on the terrain start flashing/flickering some kind of grid z-fighting bug?

NVidia or AMD GPU, new or old drivers. High end GPU or Low end GPU, We have tried everything.

DVD Version. 1.60 / 1.62 /

Steam Version 1.63 / 1.64 /

End of the day if an enemy fires a flare its game over. This bug is so bad it needs seizure warning. Please consider looking into this game breaking bug.

Thankyou for your time and hope to speak soon.

On ‎05‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 4:58 AM, JOHN007 said:

Hello Dwarden thanks for the reply.

I have wrote a detailed description of the issue and provided a test mission that's all setup for you to test, the download link is still there? You must have missed the original post regarding this? I honestly thought you had already downloaded the test mission? Here is the post again from Feb 27th.

Posted February 27

Arma 2 OA 1.64.1443373

I'll provide a simple mission for diagnostic.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e0wac1zcpf3dds0/FLARETEST.Takistan.rar?dl=0

No mods, just a normal install of Arma2 and OA.

All you have to do is activate NVG and fire a flare straight up, anytime after 20:30 the bug is at its worse.

Vegetation starts flashing/flickering between a white texture and a black square as some kind of alpha bug?

Huge black squares on the terrain start flashing/flickering some kind of grid z-fighting bug?

NVidia or AMD GPU, new or old drivers. High end GPU or Low end GPU, We have tried everything.

DVD Version. 1.60 / 1.62 /

Steam Version 1.63 / 1.64 /

End of the day if an enemy fires a flare its game over. This bug is so bad it needs seizure warning. Please consider looking into this game breaking bug.

Thankyou for your time and hope to speak soon.

Hi @JOHN007

thank your for your feedback regarding the flares' bug. I think that I've solved it with simples config changes. As far as I know there is not a script that control the particle effects of the flares (the previously script you've posted is for the countermeasures).

Thank you again!

Goliath

Great news. Tremendous. But..

Mouse focus, map screen... screwed up. "Interface size" option doesn't matter.

Click zones for compass, GPS, etc. are much closer to center from they visible locations. "Rolex" doesn't budge.

Any stock missions, please.

1 hour ago, Sgt_Kelly said:

Great news. Tremendous. But..

Mouse focus, map screen... screwed up. "Interface size" option doesn't matter.

Click zones for compass, GPS, etc. are much closer to center from they visible locations. "Rolex" doesn't budge.

Any stock missions, please.

Hi Sgt_Kelly

please, can you post here some screenshots of the issues you has encountered?

Thank you

UAC prompt for admin password still comes up every time I start OA, whether or not BattleEye is selected.  How can I get rid of that?