TrueCruel_Nobody

Long loading screen when mission loads

Hi everyone :)

Since the last update (I guess it happens since then), I have high loading times when a mission loads. Before that I had no such issues. Funny enough on my second PC (with lower specs) it runs perfectly fine

Some infos:

- Game runs on a SSD (main+second system)

- Windows 10

- OS fully updated + Update against Meltdown (CPU) installed on both systems -> as it runs with no problems on second system I doubt that the update is causing it

- NVidia driver up2date

System (main):

- i7 3770k @4.6Ghz

- GTX780

- 16GB (4x4) Corsair XMS

- Z77 Pro3

- Enermax Modu 82+ 525W

System (second):

- Intel G4600

- GTX560 Ti

- 4GB Kingston 

- MSI B250M PRO-VD

- CORSAIR VS450 450W

What I did:

- Reinstalled Windows 10 (not because of A3, was time for a refresh) -> before and after with same issue

- Tried with new profile (moved A3+A3 other profiles from documents)

- Removed A3 + Launcher from appdata/local

- Reinstalled A3

Here is a video which shows what I mean:

I hope you guys know more things I could do, as I it is really annoying when creating mission to wait until it starts.

Thanks! :)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TrueCruel_Nobody said:

-snip-

What addons are you using? Whats the mission?

2 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

What addons are you using? Whats the mission?

Completely vanilla, no addons at all.

It doesn't matter which mission (self created, official ones etc.) - it has nearly the same time in every mission, as if it's already loaded just the screen pops the load bars on top until full.

In the video you see that only one unit was placed, the rest is empty and yet it's loading.

Update:

Here another video which shows side by side comparison of my two systems. On the left my main and on right second.

As you can see, after the map is loaded I still have that weird loading screen...

IMPORTANT: The sound is not from the second system which is already ingame, it's from the main which was still loading

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, yxman said:

nothing new, happens since 1.78

see: 

It's not only in the Editor. I have it on all missions.

Also on my second system I do not have that loading time.

everyone on that thread confirmed the bug, it seems to be fixed in dev. branch

Does the .rpt file contain any clues to the long loadingm (for example; script errors)?

1 hour ago, ozzbik said:

Does the .rpt file contain any clues to the long loadingm (for example; script errors)?

Nope, nothing suspicious in there.

I doubt that the game is at fault here, there is most likely something with my system because the second one runs as it should.

Do you have different virusscanners (or with different exclusions) on your systems? Try running a performance monitor in the background. Maybe that will point in the direction of the problem. Also, do you have a fixed pagefile or system managed on both machines?

2 hours ago, ozzbik said:

Do you have different virusscanners (or with different exclusions) on your systems? Try running a performance monitor in the background. Maybe that will point in the direction of the problem. Also, do you have a fixed pagefile or system managed on both machines?

1. Both run with Windows Defender

2. Performance monitor don't show any spikes which could lead to a bad loading. Only found out that the game on my second machine is actually running from the HDD and not SSD (which bothers me even more now)

3. Page file are system managed, but upped it on the main manually. No change sadly

Edit:

Gonna update dev branch with the game updater and try the dev branch.

Update:

Well, with the dev branch it is better (ty @yxman for mentioning it!). But still - a real mystery that on my second it runs normally on stable anyway.

I will just wait for the update then.