fingolfin

[Beta] Altis Armed Forces 2017

On 4/13/2019 at 4:46 PM, Jamal Nilsson said:

Is the mod still under work or is it forgotten?

9 hours ago, Dallas Medina said:

Please don't let this awesome mod die! 

I am sure there will be an update soon, as previously stated by the author:

On 1/30/2019 at 10:31 PM, fingolfin said:

Thank you for your continued interest! Sadly, the mod is kind of on the backburner at the moment since I’m working on another project. But I’m thinking about releasing a small update that would fix some bugs and include camo versions for the BMP-3, HMMWVs, GAZ Tigrs and add the T-80UM. Hopefully I’ll get around to do that in the next two weeks, but no promises.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2018 at 9:36 PM, yevgeni89 said:

well for sake of continuity there are quite a few wrecked urals and eastern vehicles on altis /stratis so they ended up there somewhow 

I think thats because during the 80s the soviets invaded the country.

Hi, love this mod and I use it in every scenario I create. I’ve noticed that the M70 rifles from RHSSAF and GREF have faded wood and scratches on the metal. My question is have you ever considered replacing the AK variants with the M70 variants in the reserves to give them that worn leftover equipment look? Another reason behind my thinking is that the active duty soldiers also have Serbian rifles so their reserves should have Serbian rifles. Furthermore, former Yugoslavia is much closer than Russia.

On 8/12/2019 at 8:45 PM, Dallas Medina said:

RHS has just been updated. I hope we'll see some progress on this fingolfin!

Usually when you get radio silence for a while, then there isn't much anyone can do.  Ya, the mod author did say before that he will update when he updates. Not a real answer I know, but it does seem that's what you get sometimes around here plus people being condescending, those are fun. For now, we'll just have to wait and see.

10 hours ago, VastGameMaster said:

Usually when you get radio silence for a while, then there isn't much anyone can do.  Ya, the mod author did say before that he will update when he updates. Not a real answer I know, but it does seem that's what you get sometimes around here plus people being condescending, those are fun. For now, we'll just have to wait and see.

I would hate for this mod to be abandoned. It's my favorite "arma lore" mod. The AAF faction in this is awesome.

Tbh if development of this mod hasn't been halted/ceased, then I think the idea of a Naval/Coast Guard branch of the AAF is very much possible. If you used the M-10 uniform with the same camo pattern as the combat police then you've got yourself some naval units. Then HAFM for the ships. Of a blue version of the Type-07 camo with the vanilla BDUs. Apart from that I urge you to continue development of this mod. I am a big fan of your mod and would love to see it updated. 

How much does this mod requires RHS:SAF? The steam workshop page lists it as a requirement, but our unit don't use RHS:SAF (We have USAF, AFRF and GREF), does it actually uses assets from SAF or is it just listed there for reasons?

Could anything be modified to run without SAF?

On 1/15/2020 at 11:23 PM, LordLoko said:

How much does this mod requires RHS:SAF? The steam workshop page lists it as a requirement, but our unit don't use RHS:SAF (We have USAF, AFRF and GREF), does it actually uses assets from SAF or is it just listed there for reasons?

Could anything be modified to run without SAF?

There's a fair amount of Infantry Equipment and weapons used from SAF, So no i don't think you can use it without SAF 😀

• Like 1

On 1/16/2020 at 8:49 PM, Hamakaze said:

There's a fair amount of Infantry Equipment and weapons used from SAF, So no i don't think you can use it without SAF 😀

Oof. Thanks for the help.

Hey @fingolfin, since you have returned to making amaizing addons, are there any plans to update the AAF mod?

Thanks in advance,
Kaishar

On 9/6/2018 at 7:21 PM, fingolfin said:

It’s been quite some work but today I finally finished the camo textures for the HMMWVs and added the M966 TOW carrier to the AAF’s arsenal.

I know this post is old, but I'd like to ask if its possible to add the tow missile, or any other ordnance, as model or prop in the mission editor in order to make visual compositions?