fingolfin

[Beta] Altis Armed Forces 2017

17 hours ago, Iwillkillyou178 said:

On second thought, discard my last about replacing the M21 Rifles. I do realize now that they fit better with the regular infantry. On the subject of VHS Rifles for recon / special forces as brought up by other people, perhaps instead of VHS Rifles you could use the G36Cs and G36KVs included in the Serbian Armed Forces Addon

Its a great idea, but the VHS rifles are looking way too futuristic and because of that the regular troops will look wierd. The have such vehicles as BMP-3, T80s, KA choppes and more Russian/Soviet vehicles therefore they will look really wierd with the VHS rifles.  

13 minutes ago, Jamal Nilsson said:

Its a great idea, but the VHS rifles are looking way too futuristic and because of that the regular troops will look wierd. The have such vehicles as BMP-3, T80s, KA choppes and more Russian/Soviet vehicles therefore they will look really wierd with the VHS rifles.  

regular Iraqi army units have used VHS rifles, the Croatian army itself, original users of the VHS, are equipped with BMPs and T-72s. if you ask me, I really don't think the VHS would be too outlandish. I definitely think its much less outlandish than the vanilla AAF with their F2000 rifles.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, wsxcgy said:

regular Iraqi army units have used VHS rifles, the Croatian army itself, original users of the VHS, are equipped with BMPs and T-72s. if you ask me, I really don't think the VHS would be too outlandish. I definitely think its much less outlandish than the vanilla AAF with their F2000 rifles.

But in my opinion M21s are pretty good , but I dont know about the VHS rifles they dont seem to be at the right place.

1 hour ago, Jamal Nilsson said:

But in my opinion M21s are pretty good , but I dont know about the VHS rifles they dont seem to be at the right place.

Come out of the 80s mate) you're clearly using the time machine the wrong way :f:

Joking aside - Arma 3 vanilla is anything but futuristic since about 2015 (save for the caseless firearms ammo).

"Futuristic" rifles such as F2000, VHS and SCAR are in use for years now. Sand people included.

• Like 1

But to be honest I dont really care, because I know that fingolfin wont do anything bad. He will make the mod much more polished.

The work on the update is progressing slowly but steadily. Today I finished the retexture of the Tigr APC... that was a lot more work than I anticipated:

m8CIZob.jpg

I also improved the uniform textures (left) and started working on the recon units:

dplSw5d.jpg

nA97Lgr.png

Finally, a sneak peak of the Russian PMCs:

KIgqtqp.jpg

Still there is a lot to do:

· retexture the Urals and Zamaks

· add the MIM-104 Patriot system

· add an AAF version of the BTR-80

· add an AAF version of the MiG-29

· rework the resistance faction

· finish the recon units and PMCs

· a lot of other small stuff

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

Really looking forward to this update, those Russian PMCs are perfectly done.

If you're adding a foreign power into the mix, is it possible that we could see a very early version of CTRG assisting the FIA?

Guest Iwillkillyou178
2 hours ago, amkronix said:

Really looking forward to this update, those Russian PMCs are perfectly done.

If you're adding a foreign power into the mix, is it possible that we could see a very early version of CTRG assisting the FIA?

In this time frame instead of 2035 that would be more of a CIA SAD Unit

Beside that, pictures look great, looking forward to the next update!

On 18/11/2018 at 6:02 AM, fingolfin said:

The work on the update is progressing slowly but steadily. Today I finished the retexture of the Tigr APC... that was a lot more work than I anticipated:

I also improved the uniform textures (left) and started working on the recon units:

Finally, a sneak peak of the Russian PMCs:

Still there is a lot to do:

· retexture the Urals and Zamaks

· add the MIM-104 Patriot system

· add an AAF version of the BTR-80

· add an AAF version of the MiG-29

· rework the resistance faction

· finish the recon units and PMCs

· a lot of other small stuff

OMG dude, great work as always <3

Thanks first of all for the mod, faction are created very qualitatively. The Russian private military company members on the photo are great. My recommendation would be for some members of the pro-western rebel group to have helmets and heavy body armor to protect against Altis Armed forces armored vehicles and artillery attacks. 

Hey just going to make a suggestion

I see you have a rank slide in the middle of the shirt on the RAID-BDU and on the chest on the Lizard, I was just wondering if there was anyway you could add more ranks onto it, so like for example a Lance Corporal with one stripe, maybe a master sergeant or chief sergeant with 4 stripes going up and one on the bottom almost like the American sergeant ranks and for officers maybe a Major with 3 stripes and a circle, Commander with 4 and general possibly. 

Also if there is anyway you could do this with the other reg uniforms you have like 1st reg, 2nd and 3rd that would be awesome.

Thanks!

Also love the mod, the amount of detail you have gone into this mod is incredible like adding the rank slides on the uniform, just honestly amazing. Arma would be so much better if all mod creators went into so much detail like yourself. Not trying to have a go at any other mod creators, just felt like voicing my opinion which might get me in shit, but yeah. Awesome mod!

Guest Iwillkillyou178

I wanted to ask this before the next update, I was wondering about the helmets used on the reserve troops. The regulars of the AAF are using PASGT Helmets, along with the reserve. Is it realistic that the reserve troops should use the same helmet as the regular troops? I know that the Greek Army, along with other local nations and almost every other European nation like West Germany used M1 Style Helmets after World War 2 well into the 1980s and beyond. 3rd world nations still use the M1 Helmet, and I think countries like Greece still use it in some capacity. RHS GREF Added the helmet for the Horizon Island Defense Force and I thought it would be a nice addition to the Reserve AAF soldiers and perhaps the police force as well, perhaps with some canvas cover re-textures?

3 hours ago, Iwillkillyou178 said:

-Stuffs-

As far as i was aware Altis was a former British territory so i'm not 100% sure they'd use the M1... Afterall they wouldn't have received the same amount of surplus US equipment that Greece and the Post-War Germans would have.

On 12/27/2018 at 9:57 PM, Hamakaze said:

As far as i was aware Altis was a former British territory so i'm not 100% sure they'd use the M1... Afterall they wouldn't have received the same amount of surplus US equipment that Greece and the Post-War Germans would have.

According to his own lore "The British forces completed their withdrawal in 1928 and the Altis Armed Forces (AAF) were founded in the same year" IMO the reserve troops are fine as they are and all they really need is some IFVs same with the altis rebels they should have some heavier equipment.

• Like 1

This is an excellent faction mod. Well done to the creator. I absolutely love the detail in the infantry units, its not just "rifleman, team leader, etc". You actually have ranked units like corporal, staff sergeant, lieutenant, etc each with their own unique loadout and kit. And on top of that, you have unit patches and ranks! The camo is perfect, the coat of arms on the vehicles is a beautiful touch, everything is great. If if have one gripe, it would be the weapon choice. The AKs are a great pick for the reserve guys, but I'm just not sold on the M21. I was thinking the Steyr AUG would be a good fit for the regular infantry units, I dunno, maybe I'm wrong.

I look forward to the updates!

• Like 5

On 1/29/2019 at 8:43 PM, Jamal Nilsson said:

How is the work going? I really hope that such fantastic project is not forgotten.

Thank you for your continued interest! Sadly, the mod is kind of on the backburner at the moment since I’m working on another project. But I’m thinking about releasing a small update that would fix some bugs and include camo versions for the BMP-3, HMMWVs, GAZ Tigrs and add the T-80UM. Hopefully I’ll get around to do that in the next two weeks, but no promises.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, fingolfin said:

Thank you for your continued interest! Sadly, the mod is kind of on the backburner at the moment since I’m working on another project. But I’m thinking about releasing a small update that would fix some bugs and include camo versions for the BMP-3, HMMWVs, GAZ Tigrs and add the T-80UM. Hopefully I’ll get around to do that in the next two weeks, but no promises.

Thank you for your answer! But it is kinda sad, it is an amazing mod that can create so many ideas for different scenarios.

On 1/30/2019 at 4:31 PM, fingolfin said:

Now you got me excited

Edited by protagonist2

would be really nice to see the new skins on the vehicles, seems a shame to not release them after the hard work youve put in.

I really like the mod so far, far superior to vanilla units and works seamlessly with RHS units

• Like 1

@fingolfin

May I suggest something.

AAF might need a proper cargo/cargo-armed helicopter and so a Mi-8/Mi-17 variant would be good option? We have some in RHS.

Also AAF wheeled APC can be BTR-80A.

Cheers.