fingolfin

[Beta] Altis Armed Forces 2017

22 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

The second one is better, will you be applying this to the other armoured vehicles?

Yes, I'm planning to add a camo version to all vehicles over time. Next one will be the BMP-3.

Guest Iwillkillyou178

This is a little late, but I agree, the second camouflage scheme fits better in my opinion

I would cast my vote for the smaller pixel camo pattern. Also when RHS releases its next update its supposed to have an FAL apparently. Have you considered replacing the AK variants used by the reservists with an FAL since its more similar to the G3 used by the Greeks IRL or are you gonna stick with the Russian equipment since the mod seems to be heavily influenced on the Cypriot National Guard?

Either way I love the mod and this is the best revamped AAF mod there is. Hands down.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ferpo_the_great said:

Also when RHS releases its next update its supposed to have an FAL apparently

No it wont

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, ferpo_the_great said:

I would cast my vote for the smaller pixel camo pattern. Also when RHS releases its next update its supposed to have an FAL apparently. Have you considered replacing the AK variants used by the reservists with an FAL since its more similar to the G3 used by the Greeks IRL or are you gonna stick with the Russian equipment since the mod seems to be heavily influenced on the Cypriot National Guard?

Either way I love the mod and this is the best revamped AAF mod there is. Hands down.  

I will definitely add the FN FAL to the reservists once it’s released, though it probably won’t replace the AKMs completely.

Meanwhile I’ve gotten quite far with the camo version of the BMP-3 today:

YJCBdSa.jpg

6K3kAxz.jpg

• Like 17

Any chance for a REDFOR version of the Rebels? Not making any chances to the units just a REDFOR version of the same faction. I'd like to do some joint US-Altian counter insurgency operations lol

32 minutes ago, ferpo_the_great said:

Any chance for a REDFOR version of the Rebels? Not making any chances to the units just a REDFOR version of the same faction. I'd like to do some joint US-Altian counter insurgency operations lol

Until the mod maker does that or not you can simply spawn one OPFOR (any) then spawn a group of Altian Rebels and group them to the OPFOR, delete the opfor after and bam, your friendly rebels are now fully OPFOR and will attack you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ponzu. said:

Until the mod maker does that or not you can simply spawn one OPFOR (any) then spawn a group of Altian Rebels and group them to the OPFOR, delete the opfor after and bam, your friendly rebels are now fully OPFOR and will attack you.

Lol holy shit. I've been playing Arma since Operation Flashpoint and I never thought of this lol

It’s been quite some work but today I finally finished the camo textures for the HMMWVs and added the M966 TOW carrier to the AAF’s arsenal.

MAjf6Fg.jpg

l22AnuU.jpg

• Like 14

Guest Iwillkillyou178

Looks great. By the way, RHS GREF was updated and added the UH-1H Huey to the mix. Given the Huey's age and use with armed forces around the world, were you considering adding it to the Altis Armed Forces?

12 hours ago, Iwillkillyou178 said:

Looks great. By the way, RHS GREF was updated and added the UH-1H Huey to the mix. Given the Huey's age and use with armed forces around the world, were you considering adding it to the Altis Armed Forces?

Yes, but probably not in the next update.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Jamal Nilsson said:

Are you going to add anything new to the rebels ?

Do you have anything specific in mind?

I’m thinking about reworking the rebels but am yet undecided. One idea is to have two variants, one in mostly civilian clothing with light gear and light weapons and one for the later stages of the conflict in military clothing, equipped with ballistic vests and more advanced weaponry (partly supplied by NATO).

Another idea is to add a pro-government faction that could also resemble Russian PMCs. They would carry railed AK-74Ms and AKMs and wear modern combat uniforms (for example Crye G3s in ATACS camo/uniforms in SURPAT camo).

---------------------------------

I’d like to hear your opinion on one other question: Since RHS added the Croatian VHS rifles in one of the last updates, I thought about replacing the M21s with these. Where do you stand on that?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, fingolfin said:

I’d like to hear your opinion on one other question: Since RHS added the Croatian VHS rifles in one of the last updates, I thought about replacing the M21s with these. Where do you stand on that?

May be you can just add some units with it, but not replace M21 fully.

2 hours ago, fingolfin said:

Another idea is to add a pro-government faction that could also resemble Russian PMCs. They would carry railed AK-74Ms and AKMs and wear modern combat uniforms (for example Crye G3s in ATACS camo/uniforms in SURPAT camo).

These variant i'd like. :)

8 hours ago, fingolfin said:

I’m thinking about reworking the rebels but am yet undecided. One idea is to have two variants, one in mostly civilian clothing with light gear and light weapons and one for the later stages of the conflict in military clothing, equipped with ballistic vests and more advanced weaponry (partly supplied by NATO).

I'm pretty much on board with everything you've proposed there. I think VHS rifles for the AAF would be cool. using another AK variant or another AR15 variant can get a little boring. and I definitely think some FIA-type units would be great. perhaps the more militarized guys just go by "FIA" and represent the true members of the movement, while the more civilian guys are just named something like "Anti-government Insrugents" and represent a more loose force similar to the FSA. I've got some ideas for equipment. FIA proper has a handful of american rifles and some captured AAF VHS rifles and maybe a couple russian weapons to fill the gaps, wear higher end vests and the bulk of their uniforms are old and new AAF camo, woodland camo,  maybe some flecktarn here and there. Insurgents have mostly museum-piece milsurp rifles and AKs, wear civie clothes like the mechanic clothes from laws of wars, the vanilla guerilla fatigues with the cargo pants in maybe some new retextures with less awful coloring than vanilla, hunter clothes on some guys. The PMC guys sound pretty good as they are and I don't think I could suggest doing anything different with them.

• Like 4

Guest Iwillkillyou178

I agree with wsxcgy on everything so far, the new VHS Rifles would be nice and different and add a more western feel to the AAF, along with what he said on the Russian PMCs and anti government fractions. The only thing I want to add is that if you want add a anti government insurgent/militia fraction, it would be a good idea to balance that with a pro-government militia fraction, perhaps better armed than the insurgents, with more AKs common, and M1 Garands, M3A1 Grease Guns, basically old AAF Equipment

I could see the upcoming recon guys using the VHS as opposed to the regular troops. Don't want your regular troops to get too futuristic

• Like 1

I agree with the above regarding the VHS, it seems to be a weapon not commonly used around the world, plus RHS already equipped their CDF airborne with the VHS. Perhaps it could be added to various rebel groups, a soldier here and there, as a weapon they could have captured or been supplied?

I think the idea of Pro-government faction would be pretty neat. Probably just similar to the FIA rebels but with a bit more of an Russian/Eastern flare to them. As for the rifles, I think VHS's would make sense for more specialized troops like paratroopers or special forces.

• Like 1

On 18.09.2018 at 9:12 AM, fingolfin said:

I think that it would be nice to see the Special/Recon units have the VHS rifles and the regular troops canl have their M21s

On 18.09.2018 at 9:12 AM, fingolfin said:

Also the idea with the two variants sounds good because it gives Syrian civil war vibes, because the rebels can be supported by US and the AAF has a lot of Russian equipment therefore they seem like an simple island army and they will need assistance from Russians in their war. 

Guest Iwillkillyou178

On second thought, discard my last about replacing the M21 Rifles. I do realize now that they fit better with the regular infantry. On the subject of VHS Rifles for recon / special forces as brought up by other people, perhaps instead of VHS Rifles you could use the G36Cs and G36KVs included in the Serbian Armed Forces Addon