fingolfin

[Beta] Altis Armed Forces 2017

I’m pretty sure I haven’t found all bugs, but anyway… here’s the first public release:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ujLxkxN7SCVncDH7BOPCeKSLyI0DR0us

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1298282761

I’m eager to get your feedback! Please report all bugs and everything that doesn’t look right to you.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, fingolfin said:

I’m pretty sure I haven’t found all bugs, but anyway… here’s the first public release:

I’m eager to get your feedback! Please report all bugs and everything that doesn’t look right to you.

Aw yes! like a kid on christmas eve :f:

Congratulations on your first release !

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, fingolfin said:

Amazing work! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fingolfin said:

I’m eager to get your feedback!

Nice mod and Congratulations!

But just for the question...

Why the Greeks are equiped with ak's?

20171102090207_IMG_9560.jpg

1 minute ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

I think its to do with the short article fingolfin posted on the previous page "Kalashnikov assault rifles, PKM machine guns and RPG-7 anti-tank weapons were ordered from the Soviet Union and Romania to replace obsolescent World War II-era small arms." and since altis is its own country i dont see why they should be restricted to equipment used by Greece...

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

The Republic of Altis and Stratis is an independend nation, so is it's military. There's a short history in the first post loosely based on the information provided by BIS in the original game.

Anyway, you can equip these units with whatever weaponry you want in the VA/editor.

11 minutes ago, Hamakaze said:

I think its to do with the short article fingolfin posted on the previous page "Kalashnikov assault rifles, PKM machine guns and RPG-7 anti-tank weapons were ordered from the Soviet Union and Romania to replace obsolescent World War II-era small arms." and since altis is its own country i dont see why they should be restricted to equipment used by Greece...

Actually, I would have used G3s for the reserve forces, but there are no in the RHS mods and I don’t want to add more dependencies.

2 minutes ago, Hamakaze said:

Greece

I understand , but since the uniform ,  is a Greek camo  , then it resebles Greece.

I know that we are talking about a game here , but this can cause misunderstandings sometimes.!

4 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

I understand , but since the uniform ,  is a Greek camo  , then it resebles Greece.

I know that we are talking about a game here , but this can cause misunderstandings sometimes.!

1 minute ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

anyway  i get the point , it's ok for me.

Yes, in this storyline the AAF procured Greek uniforms in the early eighties - a reasonable choice in my opinion. :wink_o:

Anyway, I'm glad you like them!

• Like 4

I really like how you have an entire background story for this! I enjoyed reading through the lore and it gave me that feeling again that I used to get back when I was really into arma making scenarions etc. Now if I can only get my lazy ass into the game editor and make something that'd be great for me.

• Like 6

@fingolfin , Very good idea, I'm tired of this futurism. Nice addon. But i have some notes: Zeus doesn't see vehicle classes from both sides, visible russian numbers on Urals.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, temon said:

@fingolfin , Very good idea, I'm tired of this futurism. Nice addon. But i have some notes: Zeus doesn't see vehicle classes from both sides, visible russian numbers on Urals.

Thanks for the feedback! The ZEUS problem will be fixed with a hotfix soon, regarding the Urals: Are you speaking of the Russian license plates? If so, there's no way for me to change them since they are not accessible via hidden selections.

26 minutes ago, fingolfin said:

Thanks for the feedback! The ZEUS problem will be fixed with a hotfix soon, regarding the Urals: Are you speaking of the Russian license plates? If so, there's no way for me to change them since they are not accessible via hidden selections.

You're wrong, licence plates are hiddenseletctions for a long time ("numplate", "numplate2") .  Look how i did it in my CHDKZ addon, if you need.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, temon said:

You're wrong, licence plates are hiddenseletctions for a long time ("numplate", "numplate2") .  Look how i did it in my CHDKZ addon, if you need.

Thanks, that's interesting! I will definitely look into it.

Thanks for telling me that! I wasn't aware of the license plates either.

@Fingolfin: glad to see you are getting some good feedback! 

• Like 1

Love your work Fingolfin! Very nice addition to the otherwise non fitting AAF

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, temon said:

37 minutes ago, evrik said:

Thanks for telling me that! I wasn't aware of the license plates either.

@Fingolfin: glad to see you are getting some good feedback! 

I’ve successfully removed the license plates from the Urals, unfortunately the ones on the Tigrs are not accessible (or I’m too stupid to find the right hidden selections).

28 minutes ago, fingolfin said:

I’ve successfully removed the license plates from the Urals, unfortunately the ones on the Tigrs are not accessible (or I’m too stupid to find the right hidden selections).

I see "numplate" selection in Tigr models. Must work. There are no tigers in my addons, i have not tested it.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, temon said:

I see "numplate" selection in Tigr models. Must work. There are no tigers in my addons, i have not tested it.

You're right again, thanks!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fingolfin said:

You're right again, thanks!

Great. Waiting for hotfix and new ideas in this addon.

Great mod, sorry, I accidentally posted about a bug that's already been reported.  

Edited by blue991234
Please remove this, made a bug report someone else already did.

@fingolfin , Maybe Altis armed forces must have naval infantry, on the basis of their location? For diversity they can use M113 or BMP-1 (like greek armed forces).

• Like 1

Naval infantry sound cool since Altis and Startis are island nations and keeping in theme with the Russian military contract they can use BTR-80A and any other vehicle which fits your in game lore. Also I think the gaz tigr should also be used by the police to give them that extra edge when responding to threats.