Sign in to follow this  
USMC Sniper

What game should i get?

I am deciding on which game to get, I have a 100$, which is enough for any game. I am thinking about Mafia, or maybe Unreal Tournament 2003. BF1942 is out of the question, and Age of Mythology is a Christmas present.

If you want to step aside of regular shooters, have a go with

Gothic2. It´s out here in germany and it is incredibly good.

rating : 91 percent.

Mafia was pretty great. It can get boring sometimes (you do a lot of driving) and it's kinda hard as well, but I guess you can turn the skill down or something to solve that.

It's got a great storyline, great graphics, great gameplay, great realism. Overall a B+ on my little scale.

Plus your character scores with a bartender's daughter during the game! biggrin.gif

I liked the driving in the demo, didn't seem boring to me. I don't mind challenging games either. BTW, how much would IL2 and its expansion cost together?

Assuming you are Canadian, which I beleive you are. smile.gif IL2 will set you back either $69.99 or $79.99 @ the Electronics Boutique, but I'm pretty certain it was $69.99.

I don't know what the expansion pack would cost though.

With $100 I'd get Raven Shield, or maybe even MS Flightsim 2002, but that all depends on your taste. However, IL2 and a flight stick is on my wish list this year.

USMC, I'd get a job if I were you but you're only 13, who cares if money is short while you're a kid? You'll hit 19 before you know it. wink.gif

Tyler

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Dec. 05 2002,03:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">or maybe even MS Flightsim 2002, but that all depends on your taste.<span id='postcolor'>

Don't get that game, or MSFS2000 if you don't have a good computer.

Go for FS98 and get good framerates and realism. All FS2000/2002 really are are graphics and airport additions.

Id only get UT2003 if u had at least a geforce 4 and a decent internet connection but it looks good and plays quite well plus its a lot more acrobatic than the old UT.

BTW assault whats the average wage per hour over where u live cos at first glance it seems ur games are quite expensive for instance i picked up IL2(got a bit boring after a while) for Å25.

NEVER EVER get FS98. The graphics are absolutely horribly. If you have a computer good enough to run resis. your computer can run FS2002. Two other games I'd recommend(other then FS2002) would be Strike Fighters Project One. There are a few issues but they should be fixed in a patch coming out by Christmas. You can fly four(it could be 5) different planes (not including different variants)from the late fifties to the seventies. You can fly all the other planes in it just by adding a few lines to an ini. The other planes won't have cockpits(yet). SFP1 is like 30 or 40 US dollars and in my opinion its more than worth it. The developers are being pretty open w/ stuff and its fairly easy to edit stuff like weapons in it. Also if you like WW2 flying I'd reccomend CFS3. I know some people had a few problems w/ it but I haven't had any at all. The only thing w/ it that bugs me is that the chase view doesn't go to other aircraft like it did in CFS2. I have 512mb RAM (it didn't run that much worse when I had 319) 733mHz and a 32mb gfx card and with the all graphics settings on 2 out of 5 and one on 4/5 I get fine FPS. A First Person shooter type thing I would reccomend would be Island Thunder. I don't know if its really worth $30(US) though. You could also save your money since several different games are going to come out it feb or march '03(LO:MAC, Vietcong, Raven Shield).

I have FS98. smile.gif I can't get Island Thunder because I don'thave the original Ghost Recon. Does anyone know if Raven Shield will come out by Christmas?

I have Fsim 2002 professional edition and am very, very impressed with it and it really is an excellent improvement....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">how much would IL2 and its expansion cost together?

<span id='postcolor'>

Get IL2 but dont get hte expansion pack. It isnt really good...

Dont compare canadian dollars to US dollars wink.gif

I don't think Raven Shield is gonna come out before x-mas. I think the SP demo doesn't even come out before January

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LowLevelFunctionary @ Dec. 05 2002,07:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have Fsim 2002 professional edition and am very, very impressed with it and it really is an excellent improvement....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">how much would IL2 and its expansion cost together?

<span id='postcolor'>

Get IL2 but dont get hte expansion pack.  It isnt really good...<span id='postcolor'>

I think the expansion pack for IL-2 that was been talked about is IL-2 Forgotten Battles, which is 1. Not an add-on pack, its going to be a stand alone game, and since it includes all the planes from IL-2, our best off waiting until Febury to get Forgotten battles 2. As I said, its not out until Febury so I don't know how you could give judgment on it-where you talking about a mission pack or something?

Since Forgotten Battles will be a stand alone game, it will mots likely be a full priced game, but it will be worth it. It will have all the planes from IL-2 Sturmovik plus many more. It also has more features like an updated graphics engine, better plane physics etc. etc.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (edc @ Dec. 04 2002,03:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't think Raven Shield is gonna come out before x-mas.  I think the SP demo doesn't even come out before January<span id='postcolor'>

Tengo Down!

Feburary 2003

is the set date for full game. Not too much longer. Id save your money for that.

Now if your looking for something with a twist try Star Wars Jedi Knight 2 jedi outcast. Very good multiplayer.

BTW Does anyone know of any good WWII games. MOH is alright but i hate the people that play it.

Has anyone run into any good one?

I went and bought Mafia and now I have around 20 bucks left over. I still haven't got money from my grandparents yet, and they usually give me 100 dollars in total.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BTW assault whats the average wage per hour over where u live cos at first glance it seems ur games are quite expensive for instance i picked up IL2(got a bit boring after a while) for Å25<span id='postcolor'>

$6.85/h in Canada. I wouldn't compare the British pound to the Canadian dollar, Å1 is worth something like $2.50 here in Canada.

Most people I know make about $10.00/h for thier after school jobs. I don't know how much I make per hour because Military wages aren't paid like that. I make $79.34 for a full days work (6h or more) in the CF. When I'm promoted to Corporal next year it will go up to $104.00. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Tengo Down!<span id='postcolor'>

Isn't that 'Tango' wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BTW Does anyone know of any good WWII games.<span id='postcolor'>

From my point of view, there are none. Unless you're talking flight sims.

Tyler

Hi All,

Hey has everyone forgot about Independence Lost???

if that comes out at christmas i would put my money to that! otherwise it's totally your choice... wow.gif

I think you should save your money. With the value of the dollar going down all the time, it would be wise to save it in your little piggy bank for a rainy day. Some time in the future you're going to be sitting there, not listening to your parents yell at you to get a job, and you are gonna need some money to pay off your drug dealer. So, its either get pistol whipped by a crackhead, or crack open that porcelin pig and whip out that money you saved years ago. It could save your life. Well, now that i think about it, since you are doing crack, you probably cracked open that piggy bank long ago to buy your next fix. So, take this absolutely pointless message as a warning.....Old men with beards should be avoided at all costs!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PiNs_Da_Smoka @ Dec. 05 2002,02:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think you should save your money. With the value of the dollar going down all the time, it would be wise to save it in your little piggy bank for a rainy day. Some time in the future you're going to be sitting there, not listening to your parents yell at you to get a job, and you are gonna need some money to pay off your drug dealer. So, its either get pistol whipped by a crackhead, or crack open that porcelin pig and whip out that money you saved years ago. It could save your life. Well, now that i think about it, since you are doing crack, you probably cracked open that piggy bank long ago to buy your next fix. So, take this absolutely pointless message as a warning.....Old men with beards should be avoided at all costs!!!<span id='postcolor'>

Erm, WTF confused.gif?confused.gif

Get some sleep mate tounge.gif

yeah i would save the money too. As soon as i saw the topic i was like, save your money mate. I already have about 400 bucks saved up so far and i need to keep going to get a car.

But i think UT 2003 is a shitty game compared to u2 by far, bf1942 is the shittiest game ever, mafia is ok though it does get very boring.

I would get splinter cell for my first choice. But i already getting that so no worries there.

If your looking for a flight sim then check this game out:

ac4_8.jpg

a nice pic