Robin Withes

Server side spawned AI deals no Damage

It's a little bit weird to explain my issue to i'll show everyone a GIF of it. HERE

For the people who could'n make out the issue from the gif ill explain what happened in the video:

I use this code:

{_grp = createGroup west; _unit = _grp createUnit ["B_Competitor_F", position _x, [], 0, "FORM"]; [_unit] spawn life_fnc_raSetupLoadout; }forEach playableUnits;

(the reason i use a foreach loop is because i ran it on server side as well + obviously this code is just to find the problem) (Extra note: The setup loadout function simply gives the unit gear and weapons)

And i run it on the server, it spawns the AI next to me but as soon as the AI shoots me, the bullet just blows right off. I thought it was a issue with some event-handlers first but i found out that if i run it locally it DOES work.

So in the GIF you can see i run the EXACT same code locally and the AI is able to damage me as i do.

Now i did some googling and found out someone was having a similar issue HERE, unfortunately i could not find anything that solves my issue, im running the default Altis life 5 framework on a dedi box for anyone curious.

But, as said in your link for related topic, the answer: locality (changing for JIP player) is to be taken into account. See yellow box in BIKI page for allowDamage command.

I managed to fix it by adding this to the Server Init.

[] spawn {
while {true} do {
{
_var = _x getVariable ["raServerCheck",false];
if (!_var) then {
_x allowDamage true;
_x setVariable ["raServerCheck",true,true];
};
}forEach playableUnits;
sleep 60;
};
};