chronicsilence

Player Walking Slowly - Can't Debug

I'm having this really weird bug that I can't figure out. While in a custom-built single-player mission, my character will all of a sudden start walking really slowly (i.e. the 'walk' speed, when normally the character moves at the 'run' speed). I have checked all of the following:

- enableStamina is set to false, so it's not that

- isForcedWalk returns false, so that's not somehow happening

- I've unbound everything to do with "toggle pace" or similar in the controls, including the "W+S" thing (and when it happens, pressing "W+S" doesn't help anyways), so I'm not accidentally toggling the pace

- I'm not carrying any kind of weapon at the time, so it has nothing to do with some sort of "combat pace".

It's driving me nuts and I can't debug it. It seems entirely random. I don't even care what's causing it, I just need it to not happen. Is there any way to, through script commands, force a player to ALWAYS move at the "run" speed and never anything else (no "walk", no "sprint")? Or, any other ideas as to what might be causing this?

Do you use any mods? like for example ACE which have their own stamina/fatigue system.

If so you need to disable those separately. 

Check getAnimSpeedCoef.  Maybe some script/mod is running that changed speed with setAnimSpeedCoef.

This happens to me a lot with TrackIR. I have to recenter the view and I can run again. Although I'm probably one of the few that uses TrackIR on foot.