ZackTactical34

Headless Client for SinglePlayer???

Is it necessary to have a headless client for single player if I'm getting at least 70 FPS? I have an I7 7700K and a GTX 1070. Would I see any noticeable improvement in the AI (And yes I am already aware of AI mods)?

Thanks in advance.

Not really no.

Just know your systems limits.

All players have a limit based on their own system. AI will drain your system quite a lot, if you want intelligent AI. I know players use HC for MP, it helps. But for SP, with the system you have, I'd say its not really needed. Just experiment, you'll find the limits pretty quickly. ;)

Use cache scripts/mods, although I think you can do that in A3 using the already available tools in the editor (not sure, I don't play A3 much now), you could do that earlier in the alpha build IIRC.

So just to clarify.. You don't need to meet 500 ai, all at once. :drinking:

:)

• Thanks 1

Thanks for clarifying Chris! I primarily use Arma 2 OA, but I wanted my question to get some exposure on the forums (i.e. Arma 3 Section). :f:

Depends on how you wanna play Arma. As you probably know, arma isn't exactly CoD where you can rambo yourself through the enemy.  So the more AI the more trouble you're gonna have yourself without AI help. With fewer AI you can more easlly influence the outcome yourself. But a large number of AIs IMO it's more immersive and feels more like a real battlefield, but you can't really win the war all by yourself unlike CoD. 

I prefer immersion and as much AIs as possible. I play single player with a dedicated server with 3 headless clients. And my computer is an i7-8700k with 16gb (3000Mhz) of RAM. 

With that i can run with about 300-400 AI active at the same time while getting decent FPS (for me thats above 30+FPS). If i wanna go with more AI than that (depending on mods to) i'd need a second computer with another ARMA client installed and put a few HCs on that.

So each to his own...  

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the response Nab. I've created those large-scale missions before in the past and they can be a ton of fun. It can feel like a modern Napoleonic War with two opposing platoons facing each other.