Sergei Utkin

Mission Development Help: Words on Screen/ Dialogue

Hiya!

Despite my rank on this forum, I am actually pretty well acquainted with the Arma Editor (Can't say my script skills are too good though :icon_biggrin:) as I have been playing since about late 2014. Anyways, I am trying to recreate the Original Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad in a more modern setting. Is it possible to create a sort of trigger that when you, for example, talk to an NPC, a line of dialogue appears? I am more so looking for a Mount and Blade effect w/o actual voice acting and just reading blurbs of dialogue. 

For the first section of dialogue, I wish for the player to interact with a UN Colonel. The Colonel will be leaning on his desk or whatever and I would have the player approach and have a section stating "Speak" and I am incoporating dialogue from the actual book. 

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

It will be something like this:

[west, "HQ"] sideChat "I am talking to you.";

Whereas the condition of the trigger can be:

nameofplayer distance personwhospeaks < 5;

Answers to editing questions can be found via youtube videos or via the editing forums too.

On 1/18/2018 at 9:08 AM, JohnKalo said:

It will be something like this:

[west, "HQ"] sideChat "I am talking to you.";

Whereas the condition of the trigger can be:

nameofplayer distance personwhospeaks < 5;

Answers to editing questions can be found via youtube videos or via the editing forums too.

Thanks for your reply! I will notify you if this works. 

^^ true. It's just that many people cannot find the editing forums since there is no such section in the Main Arma 3 Forums subsection.