Sign in to follow this  
Wiki

40mm grenades need a real buff

Buff for 40mm grenades  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do 40mm grenades need buff?

Hi there.

The 40mm really, really, need a buff.

I can't stand seeing them exploding  less than 1 meter from a guy and not kill him.

Is it a hopless wish?

EDIT:

same thing for the Blackfish weapons: they are really not that powerful

Always wondered about this,

group of opfors, 3-4 not too much spaced out,

launch a 40mm right in the middle of them,

they shrug it off.

In reality this would have severe injuries as a consequence, in game best represented by killing the unit.

Especially opfors armor and explosive resistance on gear makes 40mm grenades look like nothing.

Cheers

I was using an Ifrit gmg on some men in a pvp warfare recently. these were blu4 jesus if I didn't have to get right in the faces to kill em. and they were not even using extensive protection at all just basics. 

same in patrol ops and on scenario .same observation as wiki . a 40 mm dropping on a tight cluster of men not doing what you'd expect. 

needless to say I voted they need more umffff

Have you seen a real M203 grenade explode in real life? It is really lackluster. The explosion and the shrapnel is small and I doubt they would ever kill anybody unless you land it perfectly in front of somone. The shrapnel travels away from the shooter so you need to land it a bit in front of your target, unlike a regular grenade. 

I carried an M203 on my weapon when i was in the army, and we were told to try and use it so that the explosion would land on other objects that would create more shrapnel - Like windows. 

SO i'd say its pretty realistic. But maybe not that much fun :)

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Nablatidis said:

Have you seen a real M203 grenade explode in real life? It is really lackluster. The explosion and the shrapnel is small and I doubt they would ever kill anybody unless you land it perfectly in front of somone. The shrapnel travels away from the shooter so you need to land it a bit in front of your target, unlike a regular grenade. 

I carried an M203 on my weapon when i was in the army, and we were told to try and use it so that the explosion would land on other objects that would create more shrapnel - Like windows. 

Did not know this.

I guess we can blame Hollywood for giving us the impression it was some sort of uber-weapon :)

Regular 40mm seems okay'ish to me. But GMG's 40mm grenades are lackluster. It's like you have to hit infantry directly with them.

In short: 40mm is not a portable mortar )

• Like 1

On 16/01/2018 at 4:48 PM, Nablatidis said:

Ok, thx for the explaining.

So, that is sorted out for the 40mm.

Now remains the explosive 40mm and 105mm guns of the Blackfish which are underpowered IMHO.

• Like 1