road runner

Road Runner is ENDEX

Ladies and Gents, or whatever you're gender may be,

In the coming weeks I will be deleting all the Arma3 mods from my steam account, I have completely lost the drive to make addons, except for my own personal use, and even that's been rare this past few months. I'm getting back into DCS World, there's less bitching and whining, and abuse of trust inside the cockpit of the new AV8B and shortly the F/A 18C.

It's mostly been enjoyable, however events that took place a few months back have not been healed, and I'd rather close the door once and for all on Arma3 modding. 99% of those on my steam friends list will also be removed, most have never interacted with me anyway, and was obvious they were only after "friends only" addons LOL.

Thank you all for your support over the past few years, addons currently stored in armaholic and playwith 6 can stay, and anyone who feels they want to host the current steam addons, feel free to do so, but CREDIT my work, and those others credited within my work. Come the end of Feb 2018, there will be no Arma3 addons showing, and I will be making my profile private. I'm not accepting new friends, or have any inclination to "assist" other groups either.

Thank you all for the support, the time to quit for good is here, happy gaming to all, catch you in the skies in the new 2.5 terrain for DCS that's going to be released in the coming weeks too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 11

I suppose the real question is will there (or even can there) be anything done to reduce this problem in future releases. I've spent most of my time using one mod or another since OFP and i can still remember the first mod i downloaded waaaaaaaaay back that long ago. It's a shame to loose knowledgeable people. 

While not as prevalent in the community as yourself @road runner and certainly nowhere near as talented, I understand reaching that moment where it feels as though the Arma joy is gone. From the little interaction I've had with the DCS world, they certainly seem more laid back than this community.

I took some time away from being active with Arma (managing a group and so on) but have slowly come back. Hopefully, we'll see the same from you. Your insights and knowledge are much appreciated and have obviously been an asset to this community.

Wishing you best in the cyber-skies of DCS! Their gain is our loss!

• Like 2

Safe journeys,

you'll have a safe port with us if you find winds blowing Arma ways again.  Thanks for your contributions and energy!

-k

• Like 1

This happens all too often within the community and I don't like it.

Over the years modders either burn out or are forced out by particular events. The net result is a loss for our community as a whole. The knowledge contained within a veteran's (and a fellow veteran) head is irreplaceable. Hell, even today I had to explain to a well known scripter (a newer one) who Norrin is. This loss of a part of our collective consciousness hurts all of us in the end.

I am a part of a special fraternity where there are less of us with each passing day and I'm not just referring to Arma. 

Some of us will miss you Road Runner, Stay Frosty!

They went with songs to the battle, they were young,
Straight of limb, true of eye, steady and aglow.
They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted,
They fell with their faces to the foe.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

They mingle not with their laughing comrades again;
They sit no more at familiar tables of home;
They have no lot in our labour of the day-time;

Excerpt from For the Fallen

Poem by Robert Laurence Binyon (1869-1943)

• Like 3

Ah Norrin, a blast from the past, and his Helo taxi script is something I've been trying to get working again in Arma3 over the years.

Part of my decision is burn out, spending waaaaaaay too much time in photoshop smashing out new textures, for hours on end, and then finding a better way, and then re-doing the old stuff as being a semi perfectionist drives one crazy..

I've seen potential addons that had massive promise, just never materialise, some addons taking a couple of years to come to fruition, and then be plagued with issues, due to the numerous engine upgrades.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

• Like 2

Your mods were supreme! When it comes to hobbies, at some point the time will come where we no longer have the drive to continue. Those moments of joy that we have burn out, and we only have them as memories. Hopefully you have created some fond memories here in ArmA. Best of luck in the skies of DCS! 

• Like 2

Sad to see you go, but thank you for all the FREE work you've put in for this community. 

• Like 4

Thanks for all your hard work. Your contributions will be sorely missed. Best of luck to you!

• Like 2

Cheers for the work and releasing it to us all, see you over the Balkans very soon!

• Like 3

I always loved all your stuff man.... especially the 6094... you will be missed...

Don't forget about us and maybe come back one day... I took a year off but there are some great people on the forums...

• Like 1

7SkVHz2.jpg

wrL0JrD.jpg

CAG 416 Road Runner Commerative Edition... Rusty

I've been doing a bunch of retextures for Ravage RR. So I put this together as a Special Edition tribute using Hidden Selections. Thanks again RR!

• Like 5

You will be missed.

I quit every other month. ArmA is the greatest game, that is always broken. We all feel your pain. High highs, and frustrating lows!

I absolutely LOVE DCS. I used to play all the time. Built my own custom cockpit too. I just saw they added the Harrier. That platform has expanded alot since I left to come over to here. The immersion and detail are AMAZING!

I'd be your wingman anytime. Take care bud.

-S-

Thank you a lot for your contributions to the community !

• Like 1