Matthew10_28

Set SMDI texture command? Re-point for mod?

I was struggling with getting the color right on a uniform retexture I was doing on the ACU included in RHS.  I realized the SMDI layer was way too glossy and shiny and was complicating things.  The Green layer was at 30 and the Blue was at 255.  From my understanding, there shouldn't be any Green (metallic gloss) and the Blue values are the opposite of a matte finish.  I was changing textures with the setObjectTexture command in game so I could quickly iterate changes as I alt-tabed back and forth tweaking colors.  I found the setObjectMaterial command but in reading the Wiki, I assume it only works with the rvmat layer.

Is there a command to quickly set the smdi layer?  When setting up my uniform class in my mod and I inherit everything but the CO texture and SMDI, how do I point it to the alternate SMDI?  hiddenSelections[]? hiddenSelectionMaterials[]?  How do I know what position in the array the SMDI sits at in those?

SMDIs are linked up in the RVMat, so you have to use hiddenSelectionMaterial.

But anyhow, the ACU doesnt have hiddenSelections - meaning it cant be retextured.

I guess I'm missing the obvious.  How do I use hiddenSelectionMaterial to point to my altered SMDI texture?

Yest it can.  I see the icon in your sig line but the ACU has 5 hiddenSelections.  0 is the blouse, 1 is the trousers, 2 is the boots, 3 is the name tapes and rank, 4 is the shoulder insignia.  I've actually re-textured everything but the rank and insignia so far.  Granted I don't like what I've done, hence the original question.

http://www.rhsmods.org/w/acu

hiddenSelections[] = { "camo1", "camo2", "camo3", "identity", "insignia" };