Sign in to follow this  
mfcti

Mf conquer the island

/me wipes drool off the keyboard wink.gif

Sweet, now I just have to find a replacement resistance CD confused.gif

Thanks to people like you I never seem to have free time on my hands. I have played the MFCTI mod but not the user mission. I would need to incapacitate my higher thought processes in order to play the MFCTI user mission & I do have standards so.... Your mod has breathed life into this game which otherwise would have collected dust on my shelf after a week of playing it. I commend you for the time you dedicated on this project & hope the next version will be as good as the one I have. Now I just need to bring this piece of digital delight to work & make sure everybody on the nightshift is doing their job; taking towns & covering their teammates. I do want my co-workers to go home with a smile knowing that they made the best of their shift. Thanks MF.

No firm date is set but if things go as I hope it could be within the week.

As are we all, although I'm also looking forward to any kind of response from Codemasters about a replacement CD, no way am I going to pay for another full price version. I don't mind paying for the cost of a disk and postage and stuff but I have no intention of paying out 25-odd quid.

The beta is finally over. I have released v1.0 and posted the addon information in the ADDONS & MODS: COMPLETE section.

I messed around with this on my own and I must say bravo on getting the AI to build stuff and run things on their own. I wish an AI commander would make more workers though, usually they just make 2 or 3 and it takes forever to get buildings ready.

MF, nice work here, great work even, its really annyoing when admins reassign just when hours of trying to destroy their mhq just payed off....

ZiRo's Top Mf cti tip:

MF has tried to put some kind of harvesting in to accumulate resources, (think of Dune, C&C series (gold)), the salvage vehical was the only really conveivable ofp way of doing this. It pays well, seriously, try it, ah-64's bring in around 1600 thousand, its a cheap way of accumulating resources, especially if the enemy is sending choppers or tanks at your base constantly...

-ZiRo

CTI is awesome smile.gif

I'm having a 9 player cti lan party this weekend, so in preparation I'm modifying CTI Everon to include some polish, a few needed units, more diverse upgrades, and an entire intervention/generals upgrade ability a la command and conquer generals smile.gif

I'll keep y'all posted if you want to download it when I'm done...

I'm also making a modified scud launcher that can hit an area with a missile as powerful as an LGB, to counter the a10/laser designator. It'd be same price, and one shot.

Also considering having an A10 w/ nuclear bomb and a nuclear scud, with high upgrade & build costs... and also be one time use smile.gif

thoughts?

It's be awesome for the AI to scud towns and even your base wink.gif

The scud sounds cool, but i think a nuke would be kinda overkill (in every sense of the word)

is possible for including new addons into this mission?  What I mean is like new dkm and bas addons to be included in this mission?  like rts has?

also new islands maybe?  we are playing rts for 4 hours yester and also on ackropolis and everon and nogova we are playing it.  it is with new comanche and others wich are very fun maschines.

this also would be good so with that! lol

Oh and i think that RTS also has scud thing you talk about. i do see the F15 nuklar weapon in there but the cost is very very great so all team has to give money to person to buy it lol!

Yes, you can add new units and weapons, you just have to tinker around in the code a bit. Stats.sqs holds just abotu all the stats, but you have to be careful while editing that you don't screw up anything important like I've done a few times wink.gif

I'm working on a version with some cosmetic changes, like repair trucks being able to drop ammo crates, auto map zoom radio functions, some loadout tweaks, and a new upgrade tree.

Also, in reference to the A10.. something cool that I never realized: you don't need to grab an airstrip to fly it. For example, if you take off down the road on the montignac hill, you can get easily airborne with flaps down wink.gif

Also, what are your favorite islands to play cti on?

I like everon the best, because the battles are the most intense.. Nogova just doesn't seem to cut it for me for a number of reasons.. towns are clustered, and the map seems a bit too large and closed off in some respects.

I'd like to see 1.0 on malden and kolgujev.. which I may end up doing myself wink.gif

Edit:

As to the new upgrade system, here's what I'm planning: As of right now in CTI, all the upgrades are musts. What I aim to do is create an upgrade tree, with something on the order of 3-4x the upgrades, and tweak the prices as to be more reasonable. As an example, the medic, soldier, law soldier, machine gunner and grenadier will be available from the start when the barracks is up. These respactive weapons will also be available for use is the loadouts screen. However, there are also two $1000 upgrades, Anti Vehicle Infantry Weapons, and Anti Personell Infantry Weapons. Av Inf = mines, at launchers, aa launchers, etc. AP inf: grenade launchers, sniper rifles, etc.  So, essentially, you have access to basic soldiers, but if you want that added punch, you have to choose your upgrade. I'm also adding three new black op units (Black Op Law soldier, Black Op Medic, and Black Op Sniper) to allow players to spend that extra amount of cash to get a high skilled black op squad. This system of upgrades and additional units will carry through the different factories (For example, the A10s are their own upgrade if you want to be able to use them, etc). This means that commanders are forced to make certain decisions in reference to upgrades, rather than just buy all of them in order. (ALso, humvee/brdm are an upgrade wink.gif

Edit:

Another idea I was reminded of that I'm attempting to put in: A Radar tower which shows enemy vehicles and group leaders as markers on the map when they're within the radius. The radar upgrade would increase the detection radius, naturally, and players would get radio warnings when enemy units in the radar were detected. (Coupled with a revealunit command, it could get pretty nasty. Taking out the radar would be a top priority if covert ops were to be in order smile.gif

Also, as to the nuke... I'm putting in a complicated/simple skill based promotion system, where the higher the rank fo teh commander, the more abilities he has access to. One of these, at the 5 star (highest) rank would be to research nuclear technology. If you select that, you'd have to spend money on the nuclear upgrade. Then, you'd need to build the deployment vehicle (scud or A10), which would be expensive in itself. THEN, you'd have a 5wow.gif0 countdown timer that would display for both teams while the nuke was 'armed'. And, when all was said and done, the nuke would then need to be fired or flown in. PLUS, the nuke/scud would be unguided, and would require a troop on the ground with a laser deignator for it to be able to hit anything with pinpoint accuracy. Think about the ghost + nuke in starcraft.. you couldn't just fire it off, you had to sneak in and target. (Plus, in ofp, if you die while using a laser designator, it stays turned on, pointed at the ground...) The nuclear bomb I'm using was originally developed by Charon, and it has a 700m effective lethality radius, dealing pretty heavy damage to units and buildings as the blast wave goes outwards.

I think it would be great to see an enemy team frantically hunting for the scud/a10 for 5 minutes. smile.gif

Also, as to the general ability system, I have a list of about 40-50 different abilities that either side could choose from, with a maximum of 5 being able to be active. Everything from emergency repair convoys to paratroop drops to carpet bombing to artillery strikes to emp shockwaves to upgraded small arms bullets to thicker apc armor to resistance uprisings in enemy towns... the list goes on.

I've been playing a lot of command and conquer generals lately, and I've pretty much lifted their intervention system, as it seems to me to be a pretty good sized leap over games that rely on moving around entirely conventional forces. In CTI, battles are entirely conventional, and I feel that each side having a few choice 'aces in the hole' would generate hundreds of new strategies. The downside will be if it's improperly balanced, and people just always try to get one type of ability, which ends up being uber powerful sad.gif

Here's how the system works:

Each commander on a side starts as a 1 star general. The mroe kills their subordinate troop commanders rack up, the closer they get to a promotion. Every time a commander gets promoted, he gets one 'general point'. The new building in CTI is the 'Strategy Center', where the commander spends his general points. He can choose from a number of abilities/upgrades which cost one point each, and are unlocked based on his rank. In addition, all of these abilities can be upgraded by spending one additional point. The maximum rank for a commander is 5 stars, and they get one free point at the beginning of the game. The commander must be physically at the strategy center to invoke the ability, which can fall into one of 4 types:

1) Strike - Creates a strike of some sort at the target location. Can be anything from an emp strike which temporarily stops unit engines to an artillery barrage or paradropped anti tank minefield.

2) Unit - Creates a number of units which move to the target location and do damage. Can be anything from a chinook full of paratroops to a flight of A10's/SU25's, to a spawned rebel uprising in an enemy town. The created troops leave the island after 5 or so minutes, unless they are killed.

3) Upgrade - Grants access to a new type of researchable upgrade at the Control center. Would include upgrades like armor piercing small arms ammo, tank armor, incoming missile detection/countermeasures for choppers, NBC protection for infantry, upgraded radar range, etc.

4) Inteligence - Grants some type of inteligence to the player. Includes abilities like Map Radar Scan, enemy team camera hack, etc.

When using the ability, there is a 'cool down' period between uses. Uses do not cost resources, but the commander may have to wait anywhere from 30 seconds to 10 minutes before being able to deploy the ability again. IN addition, not all are instantaneous, as they would often requrie a helicopter or plane to fly over the map & target point...

Ok, so what's the goal with this? What I'm attempting to do is spice up the wholly conventional gameplay by allowing both sides to have some choice abilities they can pick and deploy at key points during a battle to help turn the tide. As everyone who plays CTI soon realizes, it can take a while to outfit a force and deploy it somewhere on the island, making quick response teams very difficult to put together.. Thus, if commanders could use abilities as stalling and enhancement tactics, they could structure their battles and give support where it was needed the most. The goal is to help shift the commander from a purely management role into an additional support role for his troops...

The downside is that this new version would have to be addon only, as many new features that I'm adding simply cannot be done without some simple cpp addon work.

On the upside, I often play CTI against AI commanders by myself or with 1 or 2 teammates, and I'd love it if the AI had some extra tactics it could deploy. It'd also make the enemy locating your base a pretty nasty proposition if they could deploy things like artillery barrages or paratroop drops... I'm all for making the few player coop experience just that much more exciting and nail biting wink.gif

Any thoughts? tounge.gif

I'll have a version out hopefully by the weekend with just about everything in there except the whole general's ability/point upgrade thing.

I hope to get in as many as I can of the following:

Repair trucks that can create ammo crates

Supply humvee/brdm

rearm/repair/refuel/ chinook/mi17 (4 infantry in cargo)

ambulance UH60/mi17 (4 infantry in cargo)

radar tower

new black ops units

percentage complete of upgrades shown in control center menu

build progress/type of units that are being built shown in factory menus

Brand new upgrade tree!

Fixed laser designator (for both sides)

West now uses XMS instead of steyr, east gets steyr, both sides can use g36 (after upgrades)

SCUD launcher (innaccurate within 200m w/out laser designator)

A10/A10 LGB/SU25 with VTOL takeoff as an upgrade(but not landing smile.gif)

Map Zoom commands on radio (zoom to player, zoom to mhq)

Fade in at start to mask player warping

forcemap cutscene at start to prevent having to scroll around trying to find start location

Grenadier/Night grenadier loadouts at barracks (grenades and flares)

And, if I can manage, a script that synchronizes times on all clients at the top of every accelerated hour.

I think that's about it so far, although I'll inevitably find more things to add smile.gif Thoughts?

have yu played RTS3?  that is sounding like it but not with generals.

RTS thread is here in this forum to.  RTS have radar and nuklar wepons.  and you can carry tanks with chopers. and it have HALO and VTOL. HALO yu can drop from plane witout chute and then open it.

No, I haven't played RTS, but some of the ideas are probably pretty common...

I'm also considering one more upgrade that would add stingers to the apache/cobra/hind/v80, and another that would add stingers to a new ground vehicle.. Perhaps a custom M113/BMP1, or maybe 2 stingers each to the shilka and vulcan..

All I know is that it stands for Capture the Island, and has alot of cool addons that you can use (I saw in the pics) and now its made me really jealous, can someone tell me where to get it, where the instructions are, and whats the best cti? Is it multiplayer, or single player?

Look here

It dosnt have all those addons you saw in the ofp combat photo thread, i think Lee made a custom version with all those.

Wow CTI Is old, is there any Lee's or are those all for his friends?

Although i cant knock CTI for its gameplay and scripting

It is ruining OFP

Now that there are less players about due to the age of the game, its extremely hard to get a 15 v 15 game going for any other map than a cti. Majority of games now tend to be 6 v 6 or maybe more if you are lucky and it sucks big time

From a server admins point of view it is also bad news. At one time busy servers would have folks queueing to play on them, few moaned about waiting 20 25 minutes if they had just missed a map start. Nowadays however you may have to wait 3 hours for a game to finish, nobody waits that long

Its a shame, because the maps that are being turned out now are so much better than 2 years ago and they are only being played by the less narrow minded

I dont whinge and whine much, OFP is one of the best team games yet created and i am sad to see it dying in this way

Just wanted a moan