Sign in to follow this  
mfcti

Mf conquer the island

that what i thought, because rts2 almost a year ago had these things when i played that. I try rts3 and it has almost look of other game, not opflahs. That why I only look in user mission forum not here for missions.

Both very alike but not like planet of war. Theses are both more real than that, lol.

sorry of my english it suck.

Short listing of goodies I would like in the mod:

1. The Dragonfly copters

2. "Realistic" weapon mods

3. The A-Team van tounge.gif

To me this looks like RTS, which means it should get moved to User Missions smile.gif

You have a few posts to convince me otherwise smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Dec. 04 2002,07:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">To me this looks like RTS, which means it should get moved to User Missions smile.gif

You have a few posts to convince me otherwise smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

um it would take u a few cliks to move it so um yea, *tries to appeal to the lazy side.

um.... If this isn't a mod could someone please define the term?

Didn't the latest release come out with some addons? I know there is a server version so that people can play the MOD without the addons. I think if it includes addons it's a MOD.

Nice try, but a lot of other missions include addons as well. Does that make them addons too? Don't think so smile.gif

I seriously don't see the difference between RTS and this one, its the same to me apart from the amount of features featured.

Moving to User Missions smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Dec. 04 2002,14:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nice try, but a lot of other missions include addons as well. Does that make them addons too? Don't think so smile.gif

I seriously don't see the difference between RTS and this one, its the same to me apart from the amount of features featured.

Moving to User Missions smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Ronin, the forum was "addons and MODS." This is a MOD as in it MODifies the gameplay significantly. gj mad.gif

It is not a mod, it is what new features does it bring to OFP (I am not saying it is bad, I loved it)

A mod changes the game, this does not (it just uses features that were already in the game). No point moaning about it, it is here now smile.gif

RED

I think this is better than RTS. Resist AI in towns is really great

Hmm, I was gone a few days but will make my point now.

This mod doesn't use other people's addons. It IS an addon (MFCTI.pbo). It adds the following to the game that can't be done with a mission:

14 new building classes (but no new graphics yet).

2 vehicles (Mobile HQs, they look like BMP-2/M2A2s but are their own class with different stats).

Ability for AIs to attack base buildings like hostile vehicles.

New icons for the map.

Furthermore, there are plans to add new types of fortifications with custom models. When this happens is this just going to be moved back to Addons or will it still be considered a mission?

There is a watered down public server version which is just a mission file. Perhaps that should be in User Missions but the normal version of this mod should really be in Addons.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RED @ Dec. 04 2002,18:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It is not a mod, it is what new features does it bring to OFP (I am not saying it is bad, I loved it)

A mod changes the game, this does not (it just uses features that were already in the game). No point moaning about it, it is here now smile.gif

RED<span id='postcolor'>

Ok, Red... next time I load up OFP I'll give you a call and you could explain to me how to purchase vehicles, build fortifications, hire workers, etc.. these options don't seem to be in the manual that came with the box. </end sarcasm>

CTI is a mod in every sense of the term. What blows me away is that if we went in and changed the graphics to have a "Smurfs vs Powerninjas" feel I wouldn't have to be arguing this. Graphical changes are not the only thing that constitutes a "mod." And on that note... the original plan was to change a good portion of the graphics files (hence the 0.99 build, not 1.0).

Also, I think you'd be "moaning" as well if a project you had invested many hours into was misunderstood in such a trivial manner.

Most of the positive feedback from the OFP community for CTI was in the "Addons and Mods" forums... it's a shame that people looking for Mission Files will have to waste their time reading this thread, as it's probably not what their looking for.

well i think rts3 is mod then? may be both be in addons and mods?

in both the 2 you build bases and build tanks and helochoppers plus the other things. rts play much better on the internet though because it faster to play and more fun with lots of players and the addons and the new islands and all that are very exciting. this one is good for single person with good compouter because you might have no good connection to internet. But i like both! lol

i do think tanks are very much money and the AI are very dumb...too bad maybe get better in next pathc?

Haven't played the RTS mod personally, but from what I have read and heard about it, yeah.. it should be in "addons and mods" as well.

I don't understand this "user mission" label, neither are simply user missions that don't significantly change gameplay.

Does it really matter which forum it is in? It's such a cool MOD (hint hint) that so long as you can download it...who cares! I can't wait to play on Nogova and then some custom islands. I look forward to it!

Wow, finally got together a 10-player LAN of this Mod over the weekend and what a blast it was!

It took 3.5 hours to complete but the number of mini-missions during that time was staggering. From capturing the towns off the Resistance initially, to building defensive positions and mining likely approaches, to sending out recon elements to locate each other's "hidden" base, to special ops missions by clandestine insertion methods, to the final struggle and ultimate victory - this was OFP on the grand-scale we always knew it capable of!

We were running the public server version on a solid machine (1.6 GHz, 384 Mb RAM) but nothing special, and it was able to run fine with 10 players and no AI squads. I had previously tested this Mod extensively with 3 human players (total) and the rest AI, and found the server actually performed worse. I guess this makes sense if the server has to perform extra calculations for scripts to command each AI squad. So if you don't need those extra squads, turn them off.

Happy to report that no obvious bugs were found and many of the old bugs were clearly fixed (eg. repair truck). There did seem to be a problem with losing some control of your squad over time, eg. they would not return to formation, instead they would "follow group". Probably overloaded-server related, and nothing to do with the Mod tho.

Once again, tremendous work Mike!

This has to be one of the best mods I've ever played for OFP. The sheer amount of work that must have gone into this is astronomical.

Great work Mike, I certainly can't wait to see what the next update is like. xmas.gif

its the best way to play really just ofps lack of JIP holds this and similar maps back.

Whatever happened to the best user mission *ahem MOD! for OFP? Any updates pending?

Quite a bit has happened actually. The current new features and bug fixes would easily fill a page. Unfortunately most of the latest changes have been to the addon and not the mission so I guess we're in the wrong area to talk about that...;)

The good news is that there is now a place to find out the latest details, download, and discuss the mod. Try visiting:

http://mfcti.sourceforge.net

Oh, all right. I'll list some of the new features to be expected in the next release...;)

-Added command options to the Team Camera.

-Added online help system to the Options Menu.

-Added ability to select respawn location on Options Menu to Mobile HQ or nearest field hospital.

-If the player is serving the game AIs will respawn at player's respawn choice.

-Added troop weapons & ammo to ammo trucks, UH-60MGs, CH-47Ds, & Mi17s for the addons version.

-Improved Mobile HQ electronics for the addons version.

-Added radar capability to stationary guns to increase effectiveness against aircraft.

-Added event-driven bounty system. Only the player/team that makes a vehicle kill gets the bounty.

-Added ability to set a waypoint with an alt-click on the map.

-Added ability to set a waypoint & move current team to it with a shift-click on the map.

-Added command menu options to the radio.

-Made the M60 and T72 available at a heavy factory without an upgrade.

-Modified addon with more realistic vehicle loadouts and these new vehicles: M60A3, M1, T-72A, and T-80B.

-Added civilian traffic between towns.

-Added Mi17 Transport which replaces the 14 rocket Mi17.

-The Mi17 now has the full loadout.

-Added an undo option to the build menu for base buildings but not defense structures.

-Reduced many heavy vehicle costs slightly.

-Increased AI update delays to reduce server load.

-Increased unoccupied town values from 20% to 25%.

-Increased bounty from 10% to 15%.

-Changed increased income option from +50% to +100%.

-Added teams Golf and Hotel.

-Added option menu.

-Added building queue.

-Added optional random music.

-Added ability for players to transfer funds to each other.

Oops, some of that wasn't for the 'User Mission'... Ah well, check out the site for the latest.

My breath is baited smile.gif Can't wait! Top stuff m8t!