Sign in to follow this  
mfcti

Mf conquer the island

I don't have a site but I sent it to all the major ones. Hopefully they will post it soon.

I found it only in one place: http://ofp.gamezone.cz/rest/MFCTI0.98C.zip

EDIT: WARNING OLD VERSION!

(Heh... Thanks for the idea of adding this line, Spencer tounge.gif )

(and now, let's watch ofp.gamezone.cz crawl wink.gif so post mirrors, ppl! )

Anyway, I want to remind you guys that that you should include engineers in the game. Simply because they can deactivate/take laid mines.

Ai commanders trying to spend more than they have in singleplayer shows the hintbox. This while playing as alpha (to foxtrot) and even for the opponent while playing commander myself.

Plus a script error that popped up on me:

_vehicle = eastSalvageTrucks Select _unitCount

where _unitCount was a zero divisor.

Btw, how is this project related to the old "Conquest" project?

So, anything newer out there?

I just heard that there is an addon-version about, anyone know anything about it?

I missed that little fact looking through that post...

Anyway, I will rephrase my question...

Does anyone know of any sites that has the file in question?

I actualy downloaded that, thinking it was the new version :/

I was looking through it and though the name didn't look right so I played for a bit, after a while I found the enemy base and I was close to mine... Plus there were NO new loadouts. So I was like "um. This is the old one" :/

biggrin.gif

Well, I don't see any engineers in the changelist anyway, so my request for them stands.

There's no other way to clean minefields (other than the very unpro Abrams+Repair truck combo)

I don't have the whole thing, but for the addon version, I have made the addon available.

MFCTI.pbo

I might take it down sometime too, but by then it will probably not be so friggin' hard to track down...

At the time of this posting it doesn't look like the new version has made it to any sites. If you would like to put it on your page let me know and I'll send it your way.

The AI commander messages should not show up in the hintbox anymore on the latest version. The salvage truck zero divisor error has also been fixed.

There isn't any relation to the Conquest project, though when I first saw the preview on it I had no idea I would be eventually creating my own...;)

I've started to add a few new features into the next version. I'll add miners to the list.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (spencer @ Nov. 04 2002,04:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well I tried uploading, but it kept failing. So I enlisted the help of my mate at www.skatemetal.com for the job biggrin.gif

So anywy DL it here:

http://www.skatemetal.com/mfcti98b.zip

Please visit his site too =)<span id='postcolor'>

A winner is you!

Thanks man

I just won as Nato(hehe), it was remarkably easy.. I had more bother from the Resistance than the Soviets :/ I think I will enhance them next game.... Awesome release, although my game ended a little to fast for anyone to bother making helicopters.

At the end my side was rich as hell, and the Soviets had about $500 :/ So I don't think they had an easy game, but I'm really happy to see the ability to capture the airfield, infact if I start by it, I'm gonna nick my teams MHQ and drive it there, I mean it's ideal for the A10/SU25 biggrin.gif the planes are usless unless you can take off after all biggrin.gif

Yeah, I've also noticed that the AI seems a lot easier in this version, even with the enhanced settings on. Oh well, maybe it's just the one game I've played.

Wow I just saw about 6 armoured vehicles all pile into the enemy base after I found it in my Cobra I was like what?.. a big line of green on the radar and as I get close it breaks apart and a LOAD of vehicles all steaming it to the enemy base, some soldiers were there too, the Soviets didn't have a chance biggrin.gif

Look at the difference in our resorces.. I gave them the enhancment too..

http://www.boomspeed.com/gahdohwtf/win.jpg

Must be hard with no income D:

Thanks alot mfcti this mod rocks!

one thing ive noticed is that the ai non-commanders dont spend their resources, which means that only the commanders resources are of any use when playing just against ai, could you possibly implement a way for them to buy soldiers/vehicles on their own? or something like the resource management that allows you to take their money and buy things for them, also on the enhancement games (west,east,income) there seems to be a problem with the income, if it says you have 900 income you only actually receieve about 600, i didnt see this in the earlier version so im pretty sure this is something new, anyway this is a great mission even to play offline, great work!!

I wanted to thank everyone who has mirrored the latest version. While many old bugs were fixed there were also some new ones. I have fixed most of the new ones and will release a new beta after I do some MP testing. Here are a few new features and bug fixes:

-Fixed zero divisor bug for salvagers.

-Fixed bug where a side would sometimes start in the water.

-Added costs to personal loadouts.

-Added 'ALL' to AI team selection on the command menu.

-Added Miners and LAW/RPG soldiers to east and west.

-Made AI commander build MG, Miner, and Medic troop types for east and west.

-Made AI commander build a larger range of helicopters for both sides.

-Made AI commander chance of building units greater if there is an excess of resources.

-Salvager travel range increased.

I am still trying to balance the AI until I get a difficulty that most people think is just right. Remember to enhance an AI side so it's income is not starved when playing a co-op against it.