Sign in to follow this  
mfcti

Mf conquer the island

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mfcti @ Oct. 23 2002,03:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Heres an update on some of the issues/changes I've been working on lately:

-Minimum starting distance between sides has been increased.

-HE Stationary Guns build probability has been reduced.

-HE Stationary Guns cost has been increased.

-Helicopter build probability has been increased.

-Some East vehicle costs have been reduced to balance for their weakness (Such as the T80 vs M1A1).

-AI Commander now creates BlackOps/Spetz Natz units.

-Town incomes have been increased slightly.  I'm trying to reduce the amount of time an average game lasts.

I want to start working on AI code to attack enemy buildings.  I am also planning on creating the ability for the AI commander to order a group to scout for the enemy base.  Once found, forces could be sent to attack it.

If another island is REALLY desired I could add an extra one to the next beta release.  Otherwise I plan to finish the beta first.  I have about 5 islands that I want to release the mod on when I've fixed all the bugs.  Another possible scenario would be an additional version of the mod geared more towards SP and Co-op than MP Team vs Team.  Perhaps an island in which you play a small resistance force that starts off raiding for resources and eventually builds a base and coordinates open assaults.<span id='postcolor'>

Ahhhh awesome! It will be terrifying coming into contact with an enemy chopper, I probably won't expect it and therefore will be completely illprepared biggrin.gif

Plus the Black Ops and Spetz Natz will give fear, with thier silenced weapons, we won't know where they are biggrin.gif

Is there any chance I could become a beta tester?

hey i was wondering what if you had like scavengers (dont walk away yet ;-) which are like convoys who get resources from the captured town and bring them back to the base. So you have like this convoys perhaps armed you or the AI decides that. And then you have two strategy's you can either capture the towns so you get your resources or you can make live for the enemy so hard by attacking his convoys.......what you say?

maybe an idea = make something when you are close to the sea, that you can build a port or something. And maybe that you can play with 3 teams = West, East and Resistance. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Speeeedy @ Oct. 23 2002,12:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hey i was wondering what if you had like scavengers (dont walk away yet ;-) which are like convoys who get resources from the captured town and bring them back to the base. So you have like this convoys perhaps armed you or the AI decides that. And then you have two strategy's you can either capture the towns so you get your resources or you can make live for the enemy so hard by attacking his convoys.......what you say?<span id='postcolor'>

That sounds like alot of fun =D lay in wait as the convoy arrives, or wait till it leaves then take them out or just shoot the drivers? Then steal the cargo for your team biggrin.gif safe in the knowlage that you just let the enemy do your work for you :>

I wanna play as Resistance too, but you should get ALOT less income and obviosly not gonna get very much in the way of weapons and vehicles, maybe they can have the normal Resistance things + 1 or 2 civillian cars?...

I reckon it would be cool if you could use your Scavenger to salvage enemy vehicles that have been destroyed, but you get alot less for them, BUT the destroyed unit will appear at your base, and the workers could repair it!

So say you're lucky enough to find an Abrams, there you go, a shiny new tank as long as your scavanger can get it, or maybe it is so valuable you will stay with the destroyed Abrams till your scavanger arrives, so you know you will get it instead of the enemy/enemies...

Get it? biggrin.gif

It seems (I haven't verified) that the towns at the northern end of Everon are worth much more than the towns in the south. I don't necessarily think its a problem, I just know I had an easier time winning when I started up north.

I like the convoy idea (but save that for a later date, concentrate on the little bugs first).

a couple I noticed (I don't think these were mentioned before)

When I load a team up into tanks - say Alpha has 4 tanks 3 men each. I tell them to take over towns - they do this for a little while 2 or 3 towns, then they stop. They don't respond to any commands- waypoints, take town, guard, etc. The only command they take is disembark vehicles. Then I can control them normally again. What's happening here? If I order them back in the tanks, they board them, but then they are not controllable anymore.

A suggestion, I know this is a stretch, but maybe you could code for commanders to be able to build a garrison team of troops to hold towns that have been captured (make them cost slightly less, but you can't control them beyond telling them to hold a town that you currently have control of). Make it a purchase of a whole group 8-12 troops. Once its built you pick the town they need to go to and then they just run there and guard the flag. I know (easier said then done).

yea i like that idea. It seems im the only one who ever guards the towns while everyone is off building tanks and helo's with me stuck still on infantry.

does the amount of people in the town matter or do you need just the one for the extra cash? Us over at SWAF love it, been playing it constantly (several hour game in some cases biggrin.gif)

however we've not detirmined what it is yet, but twice atleast while playing we have had nearly everyone (usually just one person and the admin survive) crash to desktop

other than that, great! think we'll be keeping that map upto date on server wink.gif

I'll probably release the next beta on a different map. At this point there will be two versions: standard and public server. The Public server version will have no addons therefore allowing anyone to jump in and and play with no special files. However, the AI in the public server version will not attack buildings. Here are some of the features I have finished:

-Targettable buildings with proper names (East Barracks, etc.)

-Custom structure icons on the map.

-The MHQs are now labelled as such and have more armour.

-The MHQ can be locked/unlocked by the commander to prevent stealing.

-AI builds helicopters and a larger variety of ground vehicles.

-AI attacks enemy buildings on sight.

-Parameters can now be set for different game properties.

-Accelerated time for day/night sequences (still debugging).

-Random weather.

-Night missions.

-East or West enhanced (increased income for a side, useful to give the AI if playing a co-op against it).

-Town incomes have been increased slightly to decrease the length of a game.

-Prices have been balanced a little more.

-Commander no longer has to be killed. If the MHQ and base is destroyed the game ends (hunting down the commander was a bit tedious).

-Plenty of bugs to keep me up all night..;)

Next on my list is to add some scouting routines so that the AI will try to actively find your base. After I have finished that and a few bugs I'll release the next beta.

Great work.

Only played a couple of brief offline sessions but already I see the potential.

A whole lot of fun crammed into 380k, updates are awaited with baited breath...

It´s a very cool idea. But I found the beta quite slow to get some hardware. The game lasts too much I getting cash for advanced vehicles is a pain in the ass, and makes the game very tedious.

Keep it up ! ! !

This is a great map much better than the endless ctfs and cnhs that have become boring, this map ia a heap of fun. Things ild like to see

1. More player spaces

2. Speed it up abit min time we play for is 70mins which we usually drop players and teams become unbalanced

3. Have some main towns that have certian bonus like montiac morton and the airport, eg airport makes airunits cheaper etc.

I also think montinac should be more protected - with 1 or 2 t-72. And then of course make it give alot of taxes when u capture it smile.gif

To address the problem of very long games I've added an option to increase your income by 50%. Furthermore, you can choose east and west enhancement. This will allow you to receive full income from a town without occupying it (you still have to take it over). If you combine these options resources are acquired at a greatly increased rate.

You add a Ruskie Missile Silo(or a SCUD Launcher) that can launch a Nuclear Bomb that is capable of destroying one town ! ! !

You´ll need a lite version of a Nuclear Bomb or it will lag to death.

That would be cool, but you´ll have to balance it with something for the West (Like Artillery support).

Just an idea wink.gif ! ! !

Wow, I've been playing this all day just on my own, and it's absolutely fantastic. Easy to handle, fun to play, and see whatever creative attack and defense your allies or enemies come up with. Really great stuff that'll keep me busy for some time!!!

I've just released v0.98I. There are two versions: public server and standard.

Here are the extra features for the standard version (requires a small addon):

-Custom building icons.

-Building labels (west barracks, east control center, etc.)

-Varying armour ratings for building structures.

-AIs seek out and attack the enemy base.

-Mobile HQs with more armour and speed.

And these are the features for both versions:

-Improved game balance.

-Better AI.

-Commanders can lock/unlock the MHQ.

-A few extra loadouts for players.

Optional parameters:

-East and/or west enhancement: Increases starting income and allows full income from a town without occupying it (just take it).

-Increased income: Income gained is increased by 50%.

-Weather: Generates random weather.

-Night mission: Starts the game at night.

-Accelerated time: Allows day and night missions.

More features are planned for the next release.

yes, just what i was waiting for. biggrin.gif

dont keep us waiting to long.