Any interest in a diggable cave system?

image.png

image.png?width=1240&height=431

• Like 21

4 hours ago, cmcssc said:

Can AI also move in?

I'm not sure, but cave system + zombie ai would be terrifying.

• Like 1

Maybe it should randomly generate a cave system maze with ai zombies. Then, goal of mission is to get out alive.

• Like 3

^^

THIS!!!

And also a good base for any truly underground "Bunker/Vault" structures that a player in post-apoc missions could discover.  

• Like 2

Great idea. I think the AI may well have the same problem their predecessors did though. That being, they don't handle being "indoors" terribly well. Path finding may go haywire or lead to other unpredictable behaviour.

But even so, it's nice to see someone else going down a less travelled modding path. And of course that kind of setting wouldn't be an issue for players.

• Like 1

Random cave maze generator:

image.png

+ Zombies:

image.png?width=1240&height=494

• Like 15

12 hours ago, duda123 said:

Random cave maze generator:

+ Zombies:

What the heck?? :hyper: How does this work? Please more info and screenies! :icon14:

• Like 1

Haha, this is amazing! 

Not gonna lie, one of the first things I did when Eden came out was to try and make an Armaverse interpretation of Minecraft. I hand-placed loads of rock formations to create caves, and laid some tracks, added the A2 minecart, zombies and some explosives...I think your cave system will bring it to the next level!

Related...do you think it would be possible to 'fill in' half of the walkable spaces in your cave with a 'diggable' material, so the player can feel like they are mining their own way through the tunnels? :eyeheart:

With AI pathfinding, I wonder if it would be possible to override the overcomplicated default navigation with a super simple 'walk straight towards player' sort of thing? They would hit walls half the time but at least they won't be standing still like AI units normally do indoors. 

2 hours ago, jacknorrisuk said:

Haha, this is amazing! 

Not gonna lie, one of the first things I did when Eden came out was to try and make an Armaverse interpretation of Minecraft. I hand-placed loads of rock formations to create caves, and laid some tracks, added the A2 minecart, zombies and some explosives...I think your cave system will bring it to the next level!

Related...do you think it would be possible to 'fill in' half of the walkable spaces in your cave with a 'diggable' material, so the player can feel like they are mining their own way through the tunnels? :eyeheart:

With AI pathfinding, I wonder if it would be possible to override the overcomplicated default navigation with a super simple 'walk straight towards player' sort of thing? They would hit walls half the time but at least they won't be standing still like AI units normally do indoors. 

The zombie AI path finding will be done by forcing the AI to follow specific move waypoints, following the tunnels in the maze. If a zombie sees the player, waypoints will be removed and a script will force the AI's direction to all ways face the player. Not perfect, but good enough to prevent them from walking through most walls.

Current design for the game:

On mission start, you can choose maze size, number of zombies, number of resupply boxes and if you want to see the maze path to follow. Then, players must find an object to "steal" hidden in the maze and escape with it alive. Once the object is taken, players must take it back to the starting point. However, all zombies in the maze will automatically start moving to the section of maze where the object was stolen, so you've gotta move fast.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

unknown.png?width=1300&height=542

unknown.png?width=1300&height=708

Now uses a custom terrain to get the effect of water on the ground

• Like 6

Now includes 10 MP slots, enemy and respawn/revive functionality. It's fully playable! Let me know if you try it out!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

would it be possible to make this cave stuff to be placed inside of mountain sides and slanted at an angle using Tools?

And to be able to scale them up if need be? Including it`s height?

Script: this inserted into ground mesh of side of mountain side mesh @-90 degree set to 1=true 

Or something similar.