tourist

WarfareThai, RHS AFRF/USF/GREF, IFA3 Magazine Compatibility Patch

Hello ARMA 3 players in general, hello RAVAGE players in particular,

Today I present you a full magazine compatibility patch between WarfareThai Ex, RHS USF/AFRF/GREF and IFA3_LITE_AIO I had originally made for my private use but found it so indispensable for playing RAVAGE missions I have decided to publish it.

I have expanded on the original compatibilty mod @taf_rhs_asdg, made by lordbooka, the author of WFT that makes the magazines of RHS weapons useable in the WFT guns.

What I had done in the beginning was simply to make the existing compatibility two-ways in the sense that also the RHS weapons can use WFT mags.

Later on, being an avid RAVAGE player, I removed another batch of inconsistencies between my favourite weapon mods for that kind of gameplay:

all those RHS, IFA3_LITE and WFT (plus a few select vanilla guns) bolt-action, (semi-) automatic assault and sniper rifles that appear in each of the packs and/or are sharing the same caliber can now interchange magazines - this is meant to represent the fact that IRL even though e.ga stock G36 and a stock M4A1 carbine cannot interchange mags, they can shoot the same ammo from their respective different mags.

So if I wield a G36 and find a loaded STANAG mag, I can unload the bullets from the STANAG and put them into an empty G36 mag. Also this is IRL true for most LMG's/GPMG's with re-useable belt systems.

With the 7.62 x 51 NATO or 7.62 x 54 russian GPMG belt systems it might not be that easy to form new belts out of the single bullets since some feed systems' linking brackets are one-time useable only. Therefor I just made sure that all the boxes with the right caliber from the various mods+vanilla could be used, but did not make the rifle mags of the same caliber useable.

Finally I expanded the magazine compatibility to all pistols and SMG's present in the 3 mods by making all primary and secondary magazines of matching caliber that exist in the 3 mods and vanilla useable for these kind of guns - no matter if the guns themselves are available as primaries or secondaries.

And ever since RAVAGE Ambient AI was enabled to spawn with launchers, I added mag compatibility between WFT and RHS for these. IFA3 has no launchers sharing ammo with the contemporary launchers of WFT and RHS.

Credits and BIG THX go to the Devs of all three mods for creating their awesome content and for allowing me to publish this patch.

Special Thanks go out to

Alpha Squad Dev Gru for creating ASDG Joint Rails as the founding stone of this and other compatibility mods

lordbooka himself for creating the original compatibility as a template to learn from and for helping me with finding correct inheritances for all his guns in the current WFT version.

.kju from the IFA3 Dev team for his friendly and encouraging one-on-one coaching in the IFA3 Discord channel on addon load order and finding out the priority of loaded addons so one can reflect that in a compatibilty patch

da12thMonkey from the RHS Dev team/ RHS thread in the BIS forums for teaching me the basics of finding inheritances with the config viewer

Attaching of scopes, bipods and other attachments:

Generally speaking all RHS guns that have „railed“ in the name will use attachments from all mods and BIS.

The IFA3 guns will NOT accept any attachments besides the scope that some of them have as fixed part of their model.

I left it at this intentionally to make the WFT versions of WW2 guns, which CAN accept just about any attachment available in your game, a true alternative and worth the hassle to switch to.

Just imagine the IFA3 guns to be originals, collector's items or period-accurate replicas of WW2 configutations and the WFT versions of the same guns to be the enhanced & upgraded „Gun Nut Retrofit“ variants. A K98 or any bolt action rifle of that ilk can e.g. mount a Schmidt&Bender extreme magnification scope and a bipod, thus enabling you to headshot at 500m or chest hit at 1000m. The MP44/Stgw 44 pulled from the same „Secret Gun Nut Stash“ can mount a flashlight and all available optics – and thusly become a much more useful „Assault Rifle Grandpa“ for you than the „vintage“ variant.

Download Links:

SWS:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1264995997

Alternative Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j7jixsvjelkc9gd/%40wft_rhs_ifa3_comp.7z?dl=0 

Edited by tourist
Correction/Addition of community members to receive credits
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Amazing work, thanks for sharing with the community :icon_biggrin:

• Thanks 1

"asdg"  ... most important credit  "Alpha Squad Dev Gru"  AKA Robalo, Hatchet ...

@kklownboy:

THX for pointing that out; I assumed  lordbooka had ASDG changed in several ways so he were to credit for the here used version of ASDG. 

But I'm happy to accept friendly reminders like this and will add the "Alpha Squad Dev Gru"  to the top of the list, what with Alphabet and chronological order and all that...:wink_o:

• Haha 1