Sign in to follow this  
brgnorway

The Iraq Thread

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/03/17/sprj.irq.main/index.html

Here's the gist of it- we aren't seeking a second vote.

U.N. Inspectors are withdrawing- will be finished leaving in 24 to 48 hours

Bush says that the only thing that will stop a war now is if Saddam leaves Iraq

See, if we'd started a pool like I suggested near page 60, one of us would be rich right now-

I may answer some of the previous comments later but at the moment i am reporting what i see live on TV

The British UN representative and the US one and Colin Powell have made statements  

Diplomacy in the UN has been officially adandoned by the allies in relation to Iraq.

There has been no resolution put to the security council

In Britain the leader of the house of commons (and former foreign secretary) Robin Cook has resigned. More resignations may follow, Bush is reported to be due to make a statement within the next 9 hours or so (8wow.gif0pm EST)-

[darn Tex got there first]

I've been pretty sure for a while now it would only be a matter of time. Oh well, I guess we're about to see how messed up this can get.

Well... at least now we'll see how happy the Iraqi people really are with the invasion, and we'll also see that it might not be THAT easy to invade Iraq AND that Saddam will strike America where it's most vulnerable (how the fuck do you write stuff like that? Damn english language!wink.gif.

I bet Iraq will be very happy to have a war after they've had such a long time full of problems...

Apparently Colin Powel will be the fall guy for the failed UN/US negotiations. Poor bugger didn't have much choice really.

Over here, Cooks resigned, and looks like Short might go soon as well.

Now it´s certain that there´s going to be a war. Bush is going to declare war in a few hours. I hate him.

God help Iraq. God help us all. Goddamn, I´m so depressed.

Maybe we could collect some money and buy OFP for GW Bush so he can fight his war without casulties?

Maybe somone here lives in washington D.C and could help him install it and patch it up?

Goddamnit, this is a bad day mad.gif

To wrap it all up in a nice package I lost a considerable amount of money today by selling stocks which then of course proceeded through the roof. Damn bloodthirsty bastards crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Mar. 17 2003,19:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Goddamnit, this is a bad day  mad.gif

To wrap it all up in a nice package I lost a considerable amount of money today by selling stocks which then of course proceeded through the roof. Damn bloodthirsty bastards  crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL!

Just checked our holdings in MSFT. biggrin.gif Still holding.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gollum1 @ Mar. 17 2003,18:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Now it´s certain that there´s going to be a war. Bush is going to declare war in a few hours. I hate him.

God help Iraq. God help us all. Goddamn, I´m so depressed.<span id='postcolor'>

Heh...

Shut up or your country will be next. wink.gif

Hatred is growing inside of me, i knew this was gonna happen, Bush just wants one fucking thing and no matter what, if he wants it, he'll get it. I hate the man. Say what you want, ban me if you want to i don't give a motherfucking fuck. Thank you very much for fucking up this goddamn world

For some strange reason everyone in my school feels the urge to bomb the hell outta Washington. Including me... Thank god i'm not in America right now cuz i'd probable buy myself a gun and shoot someone important.

At this moment i feel an incredible urge to kill, i've had this some times before and back then i've almost killed 2 ppl.

This stuff makes me soooooo angry, i fucking hate grown ups.

Adrenaline is in my blood, not the adrenaline that someone has when they jump of a bridge, but the adrenaline that a madman has while he kills someone. I've had this feeling for the whole fucking day, today, some girl who walked near me said something weird so i just walked over to her, screamed something that i cannot translate to english in her face and then walked away laughing like a madman. I swear to god (who doesn't exist), if that kid had dared to say anything i'd probable be in some institute now. My body is a bomb, if i meet a person who wants a war tomorrow i'll beat him to pieces.

Just a small description of how i feel, and no i'm not kidding. I just felt like writing it down, if you don't like it then fuck off. Go play your little war.

My mind screams while my lips stay closed, my fingers itch while my arms stay in control, but for how long... shall i be able to stay calm?

I don't fucking know, one thing is for sure, i knew that this day was gonna come, i just fucking knew it.

What can you say??

This is just crazy.. I hope that the attacking countries will get punished for it.

The leaders should get the same treatment as for an example Slobodan Milosevic got.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Mar. 17 2003,20:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">For some strange reason everyone in my school feels the urge to bomb the hell outta Washington.<span id='postcolor'>

The feeling's mutual.

I would love to see a heat bomb dropped over Belgium that will melt all your Godiva chocolates.

Um................... actually ...................... no I wouldn't - stop! crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Mar. 17 2003,19:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hatred is growing inside of me.......<span id='postcolor'>

Ahhh chill out dude, have a beer and watch some simpsons smile.gif

I just saw the little clip on the news of Chirac asking his american friends to be careful. Makes me think he knows something that we dont biggrin.gif

Also saw on the news that a couple of B52s have just taken off from RAF Fairford. Training? Or are they on their way to the Gulf? Anyone fancy calculating the flight time of a B52 taking off from RAF fairford and flying to Bagdhad? tounge.gif

What's the big deal? We all knew it was coming. Its not like its the first time the US breaks international laws and treaties in the name of good.

Get used to it because with the lack of an equal opponent (like Russia) we are going to see more of this open aggression. There is nothing to stop the US, not even the populations own opinion, and the government knows it.

Have fun kids. I just wish I was American right now. It would make it all so much simpler.

Would I be right in saying that the general American view is either "lets go and teach saddam a lesson" or "Oh well, another war. But what can I do aobut it? Nevermind."

I consider that (my opinion) to be pretty accurate. My American girlfriend and her family and her friends barely seem to care about whats goign to happen. Its like I say, either 'saddam has it coming' or 'oh well, what can you do? Doesnt effect us.'

Robin Cook resigned today, hes a very senior member of Blairs government and it certainly shocked me, just goes to show that world opinion is more for blaming America than Britain, but I think us British are going to come off a lot worse at the end of it.

DarkLight , you need to seek help.It's not that big of a deal.Just be happy you ain't there,and people you know ain't there.If they are,that sucks.

KingBeast,. My American girlfriend and her family and her friends barely seem to care about whats goign to happen. Its like I say, either 'saddam has it coming' or 'oh well, what can you do? Doesnt effect us.'

I agree with that somewhat.There's nothing to do, soo root for the US,even though they might not be right,but it's not as dark as the other side.

The Times (UK) reports US ,UK and Israeli special forces based on the Syrian border who are expected to be operating inside Iraq.

It is unfortunate that there will be war. As i said dozens of pages ago the most welcome move the US could make in these circumstances would be, having pressured Saddam into greater cooperation ,to stop short of war.

But that is not viewed as a possibility by TBA and  all preparations for war now have been made or are being made.

It is certain barring amazing new events that there will be war.

Foxer- It IS a big deal. Its war. Unpopular war, its one of the more important things that can happen.

But Darklight, physically attacking people is only going to increase the violence. I dont think beating someone will convince them of your arguments (perhaps you dont care)

Are you going through puberty?

seriously i think that might have something to do with your feelings. (not to say people cant get angry about war)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hovmand @ Mar. 16 2003,20:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif8--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Mar. 17 2003,19wow.gif8)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hatred is growing inside of me.......<span id='postcolor'>

have a beer<span id='postcolor'>

Okay then smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> and watch some simpsons smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Hmmm, don't really like the simpsons crazy.gif

smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">DarkLight , you need to seek help.It's not that big of a deal.Just be happy you ain't there,and people you know ain't there.If they are,that sucks.

<span id='postcolor'>

The help part... well... might be true, ppl say that all the time biggrin.gif :evilgrin: (man we really need an evilgrin on this forum)

No one i know is there but i'm just not happy that it's gonna happen.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ Mar. 16 2003,21:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What's the big deal? We all knew it was coming. Its not like its the first time the US breaks international laws and treaties in the name of good.

Get used to it because with the lack of an equal opponent (like Russia) we are going to see more of this open aggression. There is nothing to stop the US, not even the populations own opinion, and the government knows it.

Have fun kids. I just wish I was American right now. It would make it all so much simpler.<span id='postcolor'>

Everyone said: Wait and see Saddam will give in, the US won't attack, we're just putting him under pressure! There won't be a war so don't nag about it.

While now we discover that there WILL be a war...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (foxer @ Mar. 16 2003,21:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">DarkLight , you need to seek help.It's not that big of a deal.Just be happy you ain't there,and people you know ain't there.If they are,that sucks.

KingBeast,. My American girlfriend and her family and her friends barely seem to care about whats goign to happen. Its like I say, either 'saddam has it coming' or 'oh well, what can you do? Doesnt effect us.'

I agree with that somewhat.There's nothing to do, soo root for the US,even though they might not be right,but it's not as dark as the other side.<span id='postcolor'>

Btw foxer... check out my signature...

"Everyone said: Wait and see Saddam will give in, the US won't attack, we're just putting him under pressure! There won't be a war so don't nag about it.

While now we discover that there WILL be a war... "

Everyone didnt say that. Well, I sure didnt. There were others here as well that were confident that a war was coming. Its no big surprise.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ Mar. 17 2003,20:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"Everyone said: Wait and see Saddam will give in, the US won't attack, we're just putting him under pressure!  There won't be a war so don't nag about it.

While now we discover that there WILL be a war... "

Everyone didnt say that. Well, I sure didnt. There were others here as well that were confident that a war was coming. Its no big surprise.<span id='postcolor'>

It's no big suprise but it's still a serious crime by the attacking countries.

So you think we should just accept this situation where USA does what it wants to do?