Sign in to follow this  
brgnorway

The Iraq Thread

--------Breaking news-------------Breaking news-----------

Another terrible letter bomb from the whale organization coworking with AQ has been discovered and disarmed at the

White House.

Ari Fleischer said in the press conference:

"This cloaked letter bomb was adressed to fight democracy and the marvelouse president of the US"

G.W. Bush has just raised to defcon 1 and is on his way to airforce 1 at the moment.

Here is the picture of the nuclear letter bomb:

whale.JPG

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Feb. 24 2003,12:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Feb. 24 2003,11:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (brgnorway @ Feb. 24 2003,11:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ Feb. 24 2003,08:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">have to have SOME thing to cling on to against the opposition of the rest of the world, just like the Norwegians who just keep on killing whales and so on.<span id='postcolor'>

Oh come on Oligo - we are not killing whales for the hell of it!

We actually know they are producing weapons of massdestruction. Don't oppose this because we know they do!<span id='postcolor'>

Do you have aerial photos and a Powerpoint presentation to prove this?  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

whale1.jpg

whale2.jpg

whale3.jpg

whale4.jpg

whale5.jpg

whales6.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

LMAO biggrin.gif Take that Powell! Not bad Denoir wink.gif

biggrin.gif lol

Powell:

We have no choice but to take action in this real and present danger, I urge the security council to join our efforts in peacemaking by removing the evil whales from power.

[Judge Smails] Don't you people have homes? [/Judge Smails]

Heh.

Semper Fi

Human Shields / Suicide Targets take up positions in Iraqi power plant that's next to Military base

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Iraqi government has drawn up a list of other sites that it wants shields to protect. These include water purification plants, communication centres, food stores, historic monuments and oil refineries.<span id='postcolor'>

Aren't power plants one of the first places to get bombed at the start of a war?  I don't want to be those guys when the bombs start to drop on them.

If I was Saddam, I'd have all of these 200 targets stand around him.  Maybe he'll send them to "protect" the UN compound. biggrin.gif

As for whales, no need to declare war on whales, Japan and Norway are doing a good enough job in exterminating these sea blubbers.

-=Die Alive=-

LOL "this is how it would look if whales detonated a nuclear bomb"...spot on! biggrin.giftounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Feb. 24 2003,12:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">whale3.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

[in a nasty screaming American action movie voice]

wow.gif Oh my god!! we're all gonna die!!! What am I gonna do??

**runs to hide in the toilet**

EDIT: Oh my god!!! It was water in the toilet!!! What if those evil whales of mass destruction comes up the drain!??

Oh my god!!! what am I gonna do!?? Aaaaaaaaarrrgghhhh.. **Mysterious ending of typing as the über-evil Whale of Aaaaaaaaarrrgghhhh comes through the kitchen drain**

Seriously though:

The February 5 evidence presentation by Colin Powell of US intelligence that the world was waiting for for so long - and that also was preceded by words like "the world will be surprised over how strong evidence we really got" - really ruined US credibility totally for me. And I'm quite sure I'm not the only one of that opinion.

Sure, it probably had some tiny worth (even if much of it has been proved as manipulation or incorrect), but whatever it was - it was not strong, decisive evidence.... It was a hyped, important moment, and the Bush administration would probably have done better in making up some 'hard faslified' lies (but they deserve credibility for not trying anyway). I dont think US international credibility will ever rise from that again. Face it: The US government really want to attack Iraq, but cant come up with a good reason for it. I really hope this will serve as an 'final failure', and end a pathetic era in our history where lies and decieving was an 'everyday part' of international politics (just look at international politics today, you will find 100 times better aguments from 'schoolyard bullying gangs' than what is common in international politics).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Pukko @ Feb. 24 2003,20:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but whatever it was - it was not strong, decisive evidence....<span id='postcolor'>

You fool! How dare you question PowerPoint !?! wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nuke The Whales!<span id='postcolor'>

Hey, you gotta' nuke something. biggrin.gif

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Forum moderation, Bush style</span>

denoir: FSPilot, I give you one last chance to stop your subversive actions against the moderators. If you don't comply, I will ban you.

FSPilot: What are you talking about? I havn't done anything!

denoir: Ha! You are a known flamer. I've seen you flame people before and it is only a question of time before you turn against the moderators!

FSPilot: But I have nothing against the moderators! What do you want from me?

denoir: It isn't up to me to find up what you are up to. It is up to you to prove that you are not thinking of attacking the moderators! And my patience is running out. This is not a debate. Provide the proof or be banned.

FSPilot: I've given you complete access to my inbox and you have seen that I havn't posted anything offensive! And please, could you stop post restricting me - the other moderators never agreed to that.

denoir: You are a convicted flamer, you have no right to make any demands. Those post restrictions are to protect the other members from your flaming. And about your PM inbox: there are missing PMs! You are hiding something. You are lying and decieving.

FSPilot: My inbox can only hold a number of messages. It's not my fault.

denoir That's it. I don't want to hear any more excuses. Time is up. I'm going to ban you.

placebo: Err, denoir, are you not taking this a bit too far? We are all watching him now. If he does anything subversive at all, we'll ban him. For now lets just see what he is posting.

denoir: Bah! Typical response from the Old Moderator. If you won't help me, I'll just assign new moderators that will. Besides it is very well known that FSPilot is working with pirates and crackers.

FSPilot: WHAT???

denoir: Don't deny it. I've seen you posting in the same threads as convicted pirates. Coincidence? I don't think so. I don't even want to think about what would happen if a flamer like you joined the pirates. It would destroy the forums!

Warin: It's possible that you are right denoir, but most of the mods feel that there is no need to ban him outright. Let's wait until we read all his PMs and investigate it further.

denoir: FSPilot has been warned, time after time to provide proof. He has not done that. Instead he has been hiding things - lying and decieving. He is a flamer and has been post restricted before. He was not to be trusted then and he is not to be trusted now. If the other moderators won't ban him, I will. He is a threat to the moderators and a danger to the forum. This threat has and will be dealt with! To be on the safe side to get him, I am banning the entire IP-range of his ISP.

Warin: But wouldn't that ban a lot of innocent members that use the same ISP?

denoir: Unfortunately yes. An IP-ban is never as clean as we would want it to be. Collateral damage has to be accepted...

Now, before anybody starts rioting I'd like to say that I have no intention of implementing such principles nor do the other moderators. The users and moderators that were mentioned here have no connection to the real users on this board. I just used names that we all recognize for illustrative purposes.

How about this...

FSPilot - Denoir, we know you have WMDs in your house.  Get rid of them or we'll do it for you.

Denoir - But I don't have any.

FSPilot - Prove it.

Denoir - Prove what?

FSPilot - That you don't have any weapons of mass destruction.

Denoir - Here's a 12,200 page document saying I don't have weapons of mass destruction.

FSPilot - But this doesn't address any of the weapons we know you have, plus it repeats itself and is full of holes.

Denoir - Ok, fine.  I'll let weapons inspectors into my country.  But I'll follow them around everywhere and bug their rooms.

*five minutes later*

FSPilot - Denoir, why do you have these chemical warheads?

Denoir - Oh!... uh... how did that get there?

FSPilot - Look, just tell us what you did with your weapons.

Denoir - But I don't have any.

FSPilot - We know you do.  We practically handed them to you in the 80's.

Denoir - I used them all up on my civilians.

FSPilot - But we found more in 1998.

Denoir - That wasn't a chemical plant, its a happy baby milk plant.

Leave it to FSPilot to clarify things with clever metaphors and subtle sarcasm smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Feb. 23 2003,04:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Feb. 23 2003,04:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MonkeyGoat @ Feb. 23 2003,08:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Isn't that what he was implying? That they shouldn't be used?<span id='postcolor'>

They were both implying the same thing, but Fubar was arguing about it when the other guy was agreeing with him.<span id='postcolor'>

*bzzt* Incorrect.

He was implying mines are OK if "used responsibly". I was saying mines aren't OK - full stop.

Ask some kids with missing arms or legs what they think about landmines...I'm sure many of the armies deploying them thought they were being "responsible" at the time.

Anyway, I know better than to try and debate these points with you, I was just correcting your assumption of what I was saying.<span id='postcolor'>

So I guess we should remove the mines along the DMZ (North/South Korea)...(where there are no civilians I might add)? Especially given the current situation?

Why don't we just build them a highway straight to Seoul?

Draft of US/UK resolution proposal

It's supposed to be presented to the Security Council today in a closed session. France and Russia have already said that they will veto it. France, Germany & Russia will be presenting a counter-proposal, which USA has vowed to veto. The position of the UK in that question is still not clear.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ Feb. 24 2003,23:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Feb. 23 2003,04:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Feb. 23 2003,04:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MonkeyGoat @ Feb. 23 2003,08:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Isn't that what he was implying? That they shouldn't be used?<span id='postcolor'>

They were both implying the same thing, but Fubar was arguing about it when the other guy was agreeing with him.<span id='postcolor'>

*bzzt* Incorrect.

He was implying mines are OK if "used responsibly". I was saying mines aren't OK - full stop.

Ask some kids with missing arms or legs what they think about landmines...I'm sure many of the armies deploying them thought they were being "responsible" at the time.

Anyway, I know better than to try and debate these points with you, I was just correcting your assumption of what I was saying.<span id='postcolor'>

So I guess we should remove the mines along the DMZ (North/South Korea)...(where there are no civilians I might add)? Especially given the current situation?

Why don't we just build them a highway straight to Seoul?<span id='postcolor'>

It may actually surprize you, but did you know they are building a railway between north and south korea?

I don't think Korea is a just example when consiering harmfull effects of mines. Most other places around the world - mines are used in a tactical way - and that clearly affects civilians in a tragic way. Just think about Cambodia, Afghanistan, Kosovo etc. !

That is a very good reason for abolishing mines

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Feb. 24 2003,23:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Draft of US/UK resolution proposal

It's supposed to be presented to the Security Council today in a closed session. France and Russia have already said that they will veto it. France, Germany & Russia will be presenting a counter-proposal, which USA has vowed to veto. The position of the UK in that question is still not clear.<span id='postcolor'>

Blair will wobble back and forth, afraid of offending anyone. I may not agree with everything Chirac has to say, but at least he isnt wobbling around, unable to pick a clear course because his head is wedged up Bush's ass so far that he cant see, but is still afraid to be totally commited because of public opinion.

My way of thinking is that if the Iraqis refuse to destroy their offending Missile system as requested by Blix, then they are showing willingness to comply with demands. If they refuse, that is as close to a material breach of 1441 as I can see happening.

I'm pretty much with Warin, at least about those missiles.

I'd like to know why Saddam isn't telling anyone what he did with his weapons from '98 though.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (brgnorway @ Feb. 24 2003,23:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It may actually surprize you, but did you know they are building a railway between north and south korea?

I don't think Korea is a just example when consiering harmfull effects of mines. Most other places around the world - mines are used in a tactical way - and that clearly affects civilians in a tragic way. Just think about Cambodia, Afghanistan, Kosovo etc. !

That is a very good reason for abolishing mines<span id='postcolor'>

No I know that. I was in Japan when that was announced (and the kidnap victims from the 70s and 80s were "released"), and I don't think that is a good idea either (neither did most of Japan).

I have no doubt mines are used tactically, which can be considered as "irresponsible" as originally posted. But the ban would have banned the DMZ mines AS WELL. It made no distinction between use, or defensive deterant (as originally posted).

Especially now with N. Korea acting up and recently threatening to pull out of the armistice that ended the Korean War, those mines there are going to be vitally important to the few men along the DMZ who are callously refered to as a "speed bump" (even if they are). My cousin was on the DMZ and had quite a few interesting stories to share with me.

They are one little security that those soldiers have.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Feb. 25 2003,00:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm pretty much with Warin, at least about those missiles.<span id='postcolor'>

Bush would disagree with you.

As usual, Iraq is trying to talk its way out of it. The inspectors will probably demand it anyway and Iraq will no doubt comply. They have very little choice since they are currently very much supporting the inspectors (as long as it can delay a war).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Feb. 25 2003,05:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Bush would disagree with you.<span id='postcolor'>

You know, I don't always agree with Bush.

I don't agree with his stance on the death penalty.