Sign in to follow this  
brgnorway

The Iraq Thread

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Mar. 15 2003,18:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And Theavonlady, you have to get new pictures! You have posted that picture of that woman slapping that guy about 10 times now, its getting old!<span id='postcolor'>

jpm_punchmouth_b_ash.gifjpm_kickcrotch_b_white.gifjpm_kickass_b_ash.gif

smile.gif

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ Mar. 16 2003,09:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Mar. 15 2003,18:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And Theavonlady, you have to get new pictures! You have posted that picture of that woman slapping that guy about 10 times now, its getting old!<span id='postcolor'>

jpm_punchmouth_b_ash.gifjpm_kickcrotch_b_white.gifjpm_kickass_b_ash.gif

smile.gif

-=Die Alive=-<span id='postcolor'>

Oh dear... tounge.gif

To get things back on track here is an article in which Australian Prime Minister John Howard (looking forward to him retiring) makes it clear that Australian troops shall be fighting in the Iraq and that theres a high possibility of war in this coming week. Since Australia is very close to America, I think that if Howard says war is going to happen next week, it probably will.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Mar. 16 2003,08:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Since Australia is very close to America, I think that if Howard says war is going to happen next week, it probably will.<span id='postcolor'>

Same here.

On the lighter side .....................

Dixie Chicks chucked for cluck. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Mar. 16 2003,00:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We both know it's of "the boneyard".<span id='postcolor'>

no, you are lying, as you always do becouse your president has ordered you to do so...otherwise he will kill your family, i KNOW its a terrorist training camp.

those pictures show that the aircraft are complete and not destroyed at all, they got there engines, wings and main body intact, far as i can say of those pictures.

the picture of the iraqi plane on the other hand, shows a plane cut to half...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Biased sources are unreliable. You have an unreliable source.<span id='postcolor'>

as i said, ALL sources are biased, this cannot be avoided as long as we belong to the human race and live with different opinions about many things, abortion, weapon laws, wars, politics...at some point you will take a stand for something and this makes you biased, some are more biased than others, but we all are biased.

but, i rely on my source, to me and many others on this forum he is reliable, if we would have a vote (but we will not have that vote, i rely on my source no matter what the rest of the forum decides anyway...)

so, i say he is reliable, have you catched him for lying lately??..i think not, you say he is unreliable only becouse you dont like the news that he came with.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Now, prove to me that the fuselage in Iraq is not used for training, and doesn't exist today.

<span id='postcolor'>

who says it doesnt exist???..of course it does, we have pictures of that...but none of the pictures that was on that page showed any terrorists, atleast i couldnt see any.

that plane is used for antiterrorist training as i said, and to train aircraft mechanics, and to train iraqi firedepartment to save people from a crashed plane...

if you use that satelite a little better, perhaps you could take pictures of iraqi international airports and see even more aircraft there, dont you think iraq, just as any other country, need to be prepared to handle different conflict situations that can happen on airports?

do you think they would train secret anti-terror tactics on an international airport so that anyone, even potential terrorists, can see how they do??

you do know that there are many terrorist groups in iraq, dont you??..did you also know that those groups (mostly kurdish) fight against saddam wow.gif

you didnt, did you??...saddam has an army and doesnt need to resort to terrorism, saddam has his own inteligence agency, just as you have cia, and doesnt need undiciplined terrorists.

what for saddam would need terrorists???..if you are thinking about those people with bombs on there chests walking on parades..i say they are just as much terrorists as japanese kamikaze pilots were.

mostly those bombs on the chests are symbolic, to show loyalty, and in a war, its a military tactic, as long it hits military targets...you are not planning to send civilians to iraq??

a pilot, dropping bomb on a red cross house (afganistan) is much more of a terrorist than a soldier with a handgrenade blowing up himself with 2 enemy (american or iraqi, doesnt matter) soldiers.

in ww2 russians had dogs with bombs that ran under enemy tanks and blew them up, terrorist dogs or a very effective military tactic?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Pete @ Mar. 16 2003,10:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">if you use that satelite a little better, perhaps you could take pictures of iraqi international airports and see even more aircraft there, dont you think iraq, just as any other country, need to be prepared to handle different conflict situations that can happen on airports?<span id='postcolor'>

Iraq has airports with aircraft?  wow.gif  wow.gif <span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>J'accuse! J'accuse!</span>  wow.gif  wink.gif

also......that picture of the half destroyed plane on that field in iraq......................doesnt show a runway??

intresting flight-training they give to the terrorists, dont you thing?..a 747-cabriolet (?) with half of the plane missing, they never would be able to fly that shit anywhere lol

its better to just send the terrorists to american flight schools...this is what happened, if american fbi is a reliable and unbiased source to trust.

really fspilot, im not even trying to change your mind, just trying to mirror your logic....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you think Balschoiw is an unbiased source you should stop banging your head on things. <span id='postcolor'>

So mr FS supersmart tell me one thing I told you that wasnt true besides the joke with the B52´s. You call me biased ? If YOU say so... it doesn´t mean much to me. Biased is your second name when it comes to US foreign policy.

This is the second time you accuse me of lying. Where have I ? Better tell me fast FS. Or is it just another personal insult you tend to start when you run out of highschool knowledge ?

Disgusting...

Iraq is now in state of war. Saddam has set up 4 technical defense zones.

A Kurdish independent weekly newspaper reported that the Iraqis have withdrawn 45,000 troops (along with their tanks, other armored vehicles and an artillery battalion) from Mosul and its environs on March 8 and 9, towards Baghdad. The Iraqis have also withdrawn 25,000 troops and four artillery battalions from around Shingar [sinjar] and moved them to an unknown destination.

The inspectors are given 48 to leave iraq if the war brakes out. But if iraq takes them as hostages?

I dont know if you already know it, but here is a presentation video of the new bomb:

video of the new bomb

PS: the comment is german, simply look how the bomb explodes

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But if iraq takes them as hostages?

<span id='postcolor'>

I just had a phone call. The inspectors will be extracted with use of force if necessary. I doubt Iraq will hold them as hostages. This would be the most stupid thing they could do. Iraq has once more invited Blix and Baraday for urgent talks on disarming. France , germany and russia called an urgent minister meeting in the UN for avoiding the war and defining what the Iraq has to disarm. The suggestion of the M6 countries has been taken down by US and Brits without much respect for peace.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ Mar. 15 2003,13:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">that the majority (if not all) of the 9/11 terrorists received their flight training not in a shadowy camp in Iraq, but in US flight schools.  Oh, and they were Saudis, not Iraqis<span id='postcolor'>

some people are clueless. They're talking about training for taking control of the passenger compartments not flight training.  Jesus... mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ Mar. 16 2003,16:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ Mar. 15 2003,13:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">that the majority (if not all) of the 9/11 terrorists received their flight training not in a shadowy camp in Iraq, but in US flight schools.  Oh, and they were Saudis, not Iraqis<span id='postcolor'>

some people are clueless. They're talking about training for taking control of the passenger compartments not flight training.  Jesus...  mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, that required so much training. Going into an aircraft with large box cutters saying "This is a hijacking!". crazy.gif

The real training was the flight training. They actually knew how to pilot those aircraft. That requires quite some more training and skills then taking control of a few unarmed civilians.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Mar. 16 2003,18:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The real training was the flight training. They actually knew how to pilot those aircraft. That requires quite some more training and skills then taking control of a few unarmed civilians.<span id='postcolor'>

One day with the IL2 demo and a joystick is all it takes! smile.gif

wow.gif

The finale, Bush and the other few go to the Azores to make a media/diplomatic show just

before launching an attack. Peace in their minds can not exist, Bush can not back down from

his regime change convictions.

And so this is how it is going down, the U.N. inspectors have shown that Iraq does not really

posses any WMD's and is not a serious threat, so now the U.S.,Spain and Blair have become

very confident that they can take over Iraq without any serious consequences. They will be

using peace making efforts to rule another nation.

I sincerely hope all the opposed to this action will boycott American products and media at

great cost if necessary. They are spitting in the face of world history, completely ignoring the

vows people have already made towards conflict resolution.

I also pity those supporting the war, yes I pity you if you support it. Like I pity people with

disabilities that can not be helped.

My message is, true power lies in understanding and in this case conflict resolution, war and

using violence is when any nation or you are at your weakest. Using force when it is not

necessary is humiliating failure, complete failure, for all of us. However if you oppose this

you show strength, if you do not you are weak as you can not understand failure. sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Mar. 16 2003,18:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The finale, Bush and the other few go to the Azores to make a media/diplomatic show just

before launching an attack.  Peace in their minds can not exist, Bush can not back down from

his regime change convictions.

And so this is how it is going down, the U.N. inspectors have shown that Iraq does not really

posses any WMD's and is not a serious threat, so now the U.S.,Spain and Blair have become

very confident that they can take over Iraq without any serious consequences.  They will be

using peace making efforts to rule another nation.

My message is, true power lies in understanding and in this case conflict resolution, war and

using violence is when any nation or you are at your weakest.  Using force when it is not

necessary is humiliating failure, complete failure, for all of us.  However if you oppose this

you show strength, if you do not you are weak as you can not understand failure.  sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I agree with you!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I sincerely hope all the opposed to this action will boycott American products and media at

great cost if necessary. They are spitting in the face of world history, completely ignoring the

vows people have already made towards conflict resolution.

I also pity those supporting the war, yes I pity you if you support it. Like I pity people with

disabilities that can not be helped.<span id='postcolor'>

I still agree with you - but I'd have a hard time staying away from Pepsi - you can't get hold of "Arab Cola" where I live smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (brgnorway @ Mar. 16 2003,12:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I still agree with you - but I'd have a hard time staying away from Pepsi - you can't get hold of "Arab Cola" where I live smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif Well do your best, I will also, but I'm in a hard place here in Canada, owning only U.S. made cars... it helped the Canadian economy to buy U.S. before. Not to mention my personal economy of saving on the cost of the actual vehicles by buying domestic. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Mar. 16 2003,18:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (brgnorway @ Mar. 16 2003,12:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I still agree with you - but I'd have a hard time staying away from Pepsi - you can't get hold of "Arab Cola" where I live  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif  Well do your best, I will also, but I'm in a hard place here in Canada, owning only U.S. made cars...  it helped the Canadian economy to buy U.S. before.   Not to mention my personal economy of saving on the cost of the actual vehicles by buying domestic.   smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Hehe - isn't your car called LE BARON by the way biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Pete @ Mar. 15 2003,19:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">quite funny...i remember one of the last things i wrote on this forum nearly a year ago, it was a comment about "Bush's plans on starting a war on Iraq by forcing new weapons-inspections on Iraq and then, after inspectors failure or Saddams refusal, attack Iraq.

i remember that very clearly and i never was suprised that USA still wants to start a war even if the inspections are actually working and saddam is cooperating.

from the start USA wanted this war, not to remove wmd's.

we can easily call bush a "liar" when he says that he wants a "peacefull solution" or that he "prays for peace".

im against this war, but i dont expect anything to stop it, it already started the day bush cheated his way to precidency, i just hope that it will be very bloody war, a war that will kill millions of civilians and soldiers, i hope it will be so damn bloody that americans never again lets a president as bush into power again, i hope this war will be so cruel that americans self get chocked over it, i hope that somehow americans will get to see what war really is and what it does....things as precision bombs, smart bombs or what ever are still just bombs, bombs that kill and destroy anything they land upon when dropped, or if unlucky, later when Iraqi people gets blown up ten years after the war when stumbling on bombs that never exploded...

im so tired of the constantly warmongering USA, not one year passes without America at war, not even one month...if the US is only involved in small wars then they are threatening to start larger wars somewhere else....so believe me, i HOPE that this war will be so savage that it will end future wars waged by USA.

according to the UN, the only wars that are legal are "defensive wars" or "war to stop a threat to the world-peace"

saddam's Iraq justifies none of those reasons to be used...

and i hope Bush chokes on his "freedom fries"!!

(i know...strong words, but im a little bit mental still, and tired)<span id='postcolor'>

Real nice to see you back again Pete!

As I think I always did, I agree with you here too. Even if I cant claim to hope that millions will die 'in it self' (in this and coming wars/conflicts), but in this context they (or even in some perverse twist of the conflict - me) might have to pay that ultimate price for the US political culture to change...

I posted my thoughts about possible developments/my hopes some time ago in the 6:th post on this page (yes, now its a 'tripple linking' to older posts smile.gif ):

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....st=3570

And as you can see there, I really, really fear what would come if USA goes in without UN approval, and 'succeeds' - then I believe its more likely with WW3 coming soon than that its not..........  sad.gif

btw you Swedes out there, Hans Blix will participate in "Agenda" just now on SVT. Not that I believe that he will say much, but have to watch it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Pukko @ Mar. 16 2003,20:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Pete @ Mar. 15 2003,19:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">quite funny...i remember one of the last things i wrote on this forum nearly a year ago, it was a comment about "Bush's plans on starting a war on Iraq by forcing new weapons-inspections on Iraq and then, after inspectors failure or Saddams refusal, attack Iraq.

i remember that very clearly and i never was suprised that USA still wants to start a war even if the inspections are actually working and saddam is cooperating.

from the start USA wanted this war, not to remove wmd's.

we can easily call bush a "liar" when he says that he wants a "peacefull solution" or that he "prays for peace".

im against this war, but i dont expect anything to stop it, it already started the day bush cheated his way to precidency, i just hope that it will be very bloody war, a war that will kill millions of civilians and soldiers, i hope it will be so damn bloody that americans never again lets a president as bush into power again, i hope this war will be so cruel that americans self get chocked over it, i hope that somehow americans will get to see what war really is and what it does....things as precision bombs, smart bombs or what ever are still just bombs, bombs that kill and destroy anything they land upon when dropped, or if unlucky, later when Iraqi people gets blown up ten years after the war when stumbling on bombs that never exploded...

im so tired of the constantly warmongering USA, not one year passes without America at war, not even one month...if the US is only involved in small wars then they are threatening to start larger wars somewhere else....so believe me, i HOPE that this war will be so savage that it will end future wars waged by USA.

according to the UN, the only wars that are legal are "defensive wars" or "war to stop a threat to the world-peace"

saddam's Iraq justifies none of those reasons to be used...

and i hope Bush chokes on his "freedom fries"!!

(i know...strong words, but im a little bit mental still, and tired)<span id='postcolor'>

Real nice to see you back again Pete!

As I think I always did, I agree with you here too. Even if I cant claim to hope that millions will die 'in it self' (in this and coming wars/conflicts), but in this context they (or even in some perverse twist of the conflict - me) might have to pay that ultimate price for the US political culture to change...

I posted my thoughts about possible developments/my hopes some time ago in the 6:th post on this page (yes, now its a 'tripple linking' to older posts smile.gif ):

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....st=3570

And as you can see there, I really, really fear what would come if USA goes in without UN approval, and 'succeeds' - then I believe its more likely with WW3 coming soon than that its not..........  sad.gif

btw you Swedes out there, Hans Blix will participate in "Agenda" just now on SVT. Not that I believe that he will say much, but have to watch it.<span id='postcolor'>

Television 1 eller 2?

wow.gif0--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Pukko @ Mar. 16 2003,20wow.gif0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">btw you Swedes out there, Hans Blix will participate in "Agenda" just now on SVT. Not that I believe that he will say much, but have to watch it.<span id='postcolor'>

Damn sad.gif I only caught the last five minutes of it where Blix talked about some of UMOVIC's choppers being evacuated because of insurance policies but that most of the inspectors were still on-site.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Television 1 eller 2?

<span id='postcolor'>

TV2

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Mar. 16 2003,20:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Pukko @ Mar. 16 2003,20wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">btw you Swedes out there, Hans Blix will participate in "Agenda" just now on SVT. Not that I believe that he will say much, but have to watch it.<span id='postcolor'>

Damn <!--emo&sad.gif I only caught the last five minutes of it where Blix talked about some of UMOVIC's choppers being evacuated because of insurance policies but that most of the inspectors were still on-site.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Television 1 eller 2?

<span id='postcolor'>

TV2<span id='postcolor'>

Bugger - I only have channel one!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Mar. 15 2003,21:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the entire thing started to get realy confusing for me.

...turkey could get 26 billion and the key to burn down the last resorts of the free kurds, AND THEY DECIDE AGAINST IT?

...why is there such a huge gap between peoples wishes and the actual deeds of their leaders ? Why does neither Aznar nor Blair pay so little attention to the opinion of their voters? Aznar decides against the opinion of 90% of his population and Blair provoked the largest demonstration in England SINCE 30 YEARS.

Why does the powerfull Collin Powell suddenly turn out to be such an incompetent politician...showing pictures to the security council that 10 days later are publicily announced as null and void by Mr. Hans Blix?

Blair? Not better! Why does Mr.Blair present a Secret-Service report on Iraq to the parliament claiming it would reveal the production of weapons of mass destruction? And why does this report turn out to be the report that an ordinary university student wrote 10 YEARS ago based on INTERNET-RESEARCH....? what the hell?confused.gif

Why does it have to be now that PEOPLE IN THE UN COUNCIL applaused to the speech of the foreign Ministre of France (Mr. de Villepin). The UN council had only applaused once so far in its ENTIRE history..and that was after the speech of Nelson MAndela.

Why does it have to be now that the entire Arab nations during February conference vote against war.?..with 100% majority..for the first time in its history.

Why is the reaction to a speech with the words..."now the UN will show its real value to the world" that even the most undecided countries take side and decide against war.

How can a professional politician like Jack Straw be so unconcentrated and state that "in the 21st century wars might be morally justifiable"... didnt he think before speaking?

.... hell after so much failure they should press for the final secret weapon and reveal the secret information they got about weapons of mass destructions. But I assume they also take snakes and scorpions into consideration.. and yes then I would agree....Iraq has lethal biliogical weapons.<span id='postcolor'>

Good post Albert! smile.gif Have you developed some poetical interests as of late too? wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Television 1 eller 2?<span id='postcolor'>

It was in tv2, about 17 minutes long interview. I think you will be able to download a video of it at http://www.svt.se/agenda/ soon though.

He said stuff like:

"there are different national interests in my job, but thats not my problem"

(about trusting different sources, organisations, governments, both Iraq and USA) "One can not just take these sources with a grain of salt, rather with a barrel of salt"

Ah, those were not very precise, nad I cant remember more right now.

Well I woke up half an hour ago to my radio alarm clock telling me that George Bush is sticking to his March 17 deadline US time so in the very near future a.k.a sometime in the next coming days I think US and British planes shall be bombing targets outside of the no-fly zones.