Oldbill

Messed up file structure - mission start-up fails

After completing solo East Wind campaign, going back for mission replays gives me mostly the long pre-mission intro/cut screens and then just bounces me back to the missions list when the scene ends. A few replays successfully start from the mission map and load up and play correctly. Most missions don't - simply playing the intro scenes and then crashing back to the mission list

The completed mission list now has several odd repeated mission titles interspersed between the normal titles that would populate the regular list. Saved files exist in the file structure, but are now inaccessible in play, and I have gotten error messages about saved files no longer being compatible with the current Arma version, though I have no DLCs or mods installed - at least not through my own actions. I have received two free add-ons from Bohemia after my initial purchase, though I am unsure whether they are additional campaigns or "DLCs". I can find no way to actually install/activate them, though they show up in my Steam inventory. I actually have a screen shot that shows my corrupted mission list, but don't see any way to post the image except through an external URL.

Showcase missions still work, as does the editor, though I'm just now exploring it. The game launches normally into the Dashboard.

I am reluctantly ready to try the option of deleting and re-installing Arma, but was hoping for an alternative that might just allow me to repair the files instead.

On 1/9/2018 at 11:14 AM, Oldbill said:

saved files no longer being compatible with the current Arma version

Your answer.