Sign in to follow this  
Longinius

Russia attacking denmark?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Dec. 04 2002,06:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (brgnorway @ Dec. 04 2002,05:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">By the way, you seem to forget that Sweden was once ruled by Denmark during the first hundred years or so of the Calmar Union.

Queen Margareta Valdemarsdotter - the danish queen - was the widow of the NORWEGIAN King Haakon Magnusson. She lived at Akershus Castle in the middle of Oslo untill she left for a better climate in Denmark. What if the stupid shit never died - would Sweden and Denmark have found themselves in a union ruled by Norway

wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Actually the Kalmar union was exactly as it sounds. It was a uninon. It was between Denmark, Sweden and Norway (although nobody asked Norway, only Sweden and Denmark signed it smile.gif ). And it was Danish for seven years, not hundered years.

These were ther rulers:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Margareta   1389 - 1396

Erik (XIII) av Pommern 1396 - 1439

Karl Knutsson Bonde (riksförestĺndare) 1438 - 1440

Kristofer av Bayern 1440 - 1448

Bengt Jönsson & Nils Jönsson Oxenstierna (riksförestĺndare) 1448

Karl (VIII) Knutsson Bonde 1448 - 1457

Erik Axelsson Tott & Jöns Bengtsson Oxenstierna (riksförestĺndare) 1457

Kristan I 1457 - 1464

Karl (VIII) Knutsson Bonde 1464 - 1465

Kettil Karlsson Vasa (riksförestĺndare) 1464 - 1465

Jöns Bengtsson Oxenstierna (riksförestĺndare) 1465 - 1466

Erik Axelsson Tott (riksförestĺndare) 1466 - 1467

Karl (VIII) Knutsson Bonde 1467 - 1470

Sten Sture den äldre (riksförestĺndare) 1470 - 1497

Hans (Johan II) 1497 - 1501

Sten Sture den äldre (riksförestĺndare) 1501 - 1503

Svante Nilsson Sture (riksförestĺndare) 1504 - 1512

Erik Trolle (riksförestĺndare) 1512

Sten Sture den yngre (riksförestĺndare) 1512 - 1520

Kristian II 1520 - 1531

<span id='postcolor'>

Marareta, the Kristians and the Hanses' were Danish, the rest were Swedish. So the Kalmar union was mainly Swedish dominated with occasional Danes being the rulers. No Norwegians here either wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

Well, what can I say!

We still have oil though - you don't!

(Brgnorway retreats to mend his wounds...and battered national pride)

biggrin.gif

Guest BratZ

Did this terrorist violate rules like 13 times? And has he taken over countries and terrorized them after? Like setting oil fields on fire killing wildlife and such?

I think the US shouldn't worry about what Iraq does until its a threat to ourselves.Let him take everything over there over!We help countries time and time again for who knows what reason?

Apparantly NATO won't prosecute on first offense anyways,

it takes several times until the US puts their foot down and says hey wha?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BratZ @ Dec. 04 2002,07:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">killing wildlife and such?<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif where did you see this - no don't tell me: FOX news biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think the US shouldn't worry about what Iraq does until its a threat to ourselves.Let him take everything over there over!We help countries time and time again for who knows what reason?

<span id='postcolor'>

Oh yes, US the good samaritan. I know, you always lend a helping hand - defending and fighting in the name of freedom all over the world. All that, and no self-interest! True altruism if I dare say!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Apparantly NATO won't prosecute on first offense anyways,

it takes several times until the US puts their foot down and says hey wha?<span id='postcolor'>

There are many interests at stake in this case and oil is definately one of them. Both France and Russia have contracts on oil in Iraq if and when the embargo ends. US badly want's the same oil because you need it. So war would favour US interests. Perhaps not in the long run because you would not become "Mr populare of the year" in the arab world. There are several threads on this forum if you decide to learn about middle eastern politics.

"Did this terrorist violate rules like 13 times?"

I think the Russians have more than 13 grudges against him, yeah.

"And has he taken over countries and terrorized them after?"

No. But neither did Osama Bin Ladin. Which was who I was refering to in the first post.

"Like setting oil fields on fire killing wildlife and such?"

Again, no. But that is not relevant as Osama didnt do that either. We are discussing the war on terrorism here, not the Gulf war.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Dec. 04 2002,04:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Finland has always been a part of Sweden, and the Finish-Swedish relations have always been good since they have always realized that their choice in the world is to either be a part of Russia or a part of Sweden. The current semi-indenpendence is a temporary one wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Right. I'll never forgive you Swedes for making crusades to Finland. We were perfectly happy with our pagan religions, but you just HAD to come in to spread your christian crap. tounge.gif

"Right. I'll never forgive you Swedes for making crusades to Finland. We were perfectly happy with our pagan religions, but you just HAD to come in to spread your christian crap."

Well, couldnt have let you have fun while we were bored out of our wits... : )

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (brgnorway @ Dec. 04 2002,03:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Balschoiw @ Dec. 04 2002,03:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Basically it makes no difference in the "war on terror" spirit wich country hosts terrorists. Weird idea but now you see what is done to axis of evil countries. I´d like to know Mr Bush´s opinion  biggrin.gif

Would be a lot of "errr" und "dunno" and "I have to go to Camp David" things I guess.

Oh yeah let´s put them into axis of evil now.<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif

I guess the next step by US would be a "beer-embargo" on Denmark  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Funny enough, Russia is a waaaaay bigger market for Carlsberg than the US. The reason Russia wishes to remain friends, is that we secretly threatened them to shut off the beer line to Moscow!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ Dec. 04 2002,09:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">war on terrorism â„¢<span id='postcolor'>

Haha, yes. The only marketing scheme that could bring global politics down to such a one-sided and childish level, that even Little Bush can understand some of it. tounge.gif

On the subject of "war on terrorists", I find it very strange that Norway have'nt been targeted. We got a lot of terrorists that sit in Oslo , calling themselves "politicians" wow.gif

I guess we're not the only country that contain that kind of terrorism huh? biggrin.gif

Norway doesnt need to be terrorised, you got it bad enough all ready ;p

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ Dec. 04 2002,16:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Uhm, Denmark? Since when is Amsterdam in Denmark? : )<span id='postcolor'>

Not yet. But maybe soon?

wink.gif

whatever, it's one big blur for me.  sheeit i didnt even read the story, i was far away on radio and heard something about ikea and bombs, thought this happened in denmark.

lol everybody knows that IKEA comes fron sweden. biggrin.gif

maybe it's not that wide spread in then US as in europe.

don't try to search the swedish embassy in berlin. go directly to IKEA! tounge.gif

Actually IKEA is fairly well known in the U.S.

I think our futon (fancy couch) is from IKEA, but I might be wrong.

russia attack denmark?

they'll never do it! their conscripts might side in with dk.

as sad as it is, but right now the impact of russia in the market is about as big as that of ... the netherlands.

denmark attacking russia... the more threatening version?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sam Samson @ Dec. 04 2002,23:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">denmark attacking russia... the more threatening version?<span id='postcolor'>

Watch out Putin, here we come tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sam Samson @ Dec. 04 2002,23:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">as sad as it is, but right now the impact of russia in the market is about as big as that of ... the netherlands.<span id='postcolor'>

Wow, the ignorance! wow.gif

Russia has a $1.2 trillion (2001 est.) GDP. The Netherlands have a GDP of $413 billion (2001 est).

source: CIA CIA world factbook

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ Dec. 03 2002,01:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So, it seems Denmark released the terrorist accused Zakajev. Now does this give Russia the right to attack Denmark and attempt to get him themselves? After all, similar things have been done before... :/<span id='postcolor'>

You are such an obvious troll, you should have been banned months ago.

Can any forum moderator look at this thread, or any other by this person and not guess what it would evolve into?

Christ fella, get a life!

Wardog, flaming and personal attacks on other forum members won't be tolerated. This is the only warning you'll get.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Dec. 05 2002,15:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wardog, flaming and personal attacks on other forum members won't be tolerated. This is the only warning you'll get.<span id='postcolor'>

Perhaps his post count made him do it? smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wardog

Group: ModMaker