Sign in to follow this  
462cid

Zombies and Demons- add uniform etc? Feeling dumb

Love Zombies and Demons.

I wanted to make a mission in which certain zombies have exact, specific clothing; some zombies are not 'enemies', and some are.

When I add a uniform via custom loadout in Eden, they do not follow a waypoint. Visually looks like the model wants to move along the waypoint, but cannot. They sorta twitch a bit.

Remove uniform, works fine.

I feel there's something so basic going on here that I have overlooked it.

Any help appreciated,

I don't think you can customize their loadout or clothing.  I've tried it too where I've give the zombies a different outfit or put magazines on them so if I kill them I can "loot" them, but it doesn't seem to work.  I don't think it's anything you're doing, they just weren't made to be customized like that to my knowledge.

Damn. That also nixes my idea of having one single zombie having the 'needed item', too.

Hopefully some kind of workaround exists

setobjecttexture command will change the texture of the uniform, but in terms of changing the actual model, I'm not sure if something like that exists.

A script would be better off doing what you're asking for.

And the reason they probably don't follow a waypoint is IIRC because when you change uniforms, you're actually changing units. I know, it's weird, but I think it's an engine limitation.

I think you're right, changing the uniform actually "makes" them something else, and I'm making a conflict.

Nothing is easy.  I came across a mission in which zombies have Wehrmacht uniforms and the needed mods included Zombies and Demons, so something must be possible.

You can mod Ryan's Zs to have different uniforms but you need a server and client side mod to do so. You would mod the base Ryan's Zs classes in that mod (or add classes derived from the Ryan's Zs base classes) in some way like the below (and then the animations work):

class RyanZombieC_man_polo_2_F: RyanZombieC_man_1
	{
		author = "Ryan";
		model = "\CUP\Creatures\People\Civil\CUP_Creatures_People_Civil_Chernarus\CUP_Civil_Citizen.p3d";
		displayName = "Zombie 3";
		hiddenSelections[] = {"camo"};
		hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\CUP\Creatures\People\Civil\CUP_Creatures_People_Civil_Chernarus\data\citizen_v3_co.paa"};
	};

Hmmm. Not exactly what I'd like but it's certainly something better than what I can do now.

Thanks Grahame.

• Like 1

You can't because Ryan's zeds use custom CfgMoves than the standard A3 (the basic animation). That's why they can't change the uniform (in other words: they actually are uniform themselves).

However, you can use @Grahame method combine with @Victruso.

For my mod, I implemented the Ryan's zeds animations into base animations, then they can wear any uniform.

I do not know how to combine Grahame and Victruso's advice

Where would I get your mod, lordbooka?

6 hours ago, 462cid said:

I do not know how to combine Grahame and Victruso's advice

Where would I get your mod, lordbooka?

You can visit here:

or you can comebine Grahame's

On 1/9/2018 at 7:47 AM, Grahame said:

You can mod Ryan's Zs to have different uniforms but you need a server and client side mod to do so. You would mod the base Ryan's Zs classes in that mod (or add classes derived from the Ryan's Zs base classes) in some way like the below (and then the animations work):

class RyanZombieC_man_polo_2_F: RyanZombieC_man_1
	{
		author = "Ryan";
		model = "\CUP\Creatures\People\Civil\CUP_Creatures_People_Civil_Chernarus\CUP_Civil_Citizen.p3d";
		displayName = "Zombie 3";
		hiddenSelections[] = {"camo"};
		hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\CUP\Creatures\People\Civil\CUP_Creatures_People_Civil_Chernarus\data\citizen_v3_co.paa"};
	};

with this code in init code (suppose to be zombies.sqf)

if (isServer) then
{
	private _var = selectRandom ["list","uniform","textures","on","the","same","model","here"];
	_zombie setObjectTextureGlobal [0,_var];
};

• Like 1