JeremyBonanno

Looking to buy a new pc, Wondering which one will be ideal for arma 3.

Hey everyone,

So my PC's life is slowly coming to an end, with all these new games that came out in 2017 and all the games that will come out in 2018, i am looking to buy a computer that is capable of running these games. So i was looking on amazon and found this rig: https://www.amazon.com.au/Origin-PC-Esports-Desktop-Windows/dp/B077NY139N/ref=sr_1_18?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1515409107&sr=1-18&keywords=gaming+pc . I was wondering how good this computer is, it is cheap and i could probably spend a bit more money i just need to make it first, lol. I found this pc also: https://www.amazon.com.au/Origin-PC-Esports-Desktop-Windows/dp/B077NWZZPJ/ref=sr_1_20?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1515409107&sr=1-20&keywords=gaming+pc so if you could give these a good look and tell me how they would run arma 3, that would be awesome thanks guys. Side Note: if you guys are going to suggest any sites for me, i will make you aware that i am from Australia and that shipping a computer from overseas is a no go for me.

Thanks for taking the time to view my post everyone, hope to get some feedback on the topic above.

Thanks, Jeremy. 

Hello,

Both PC's have so so specs, the first PC having these specs:

• Intel i7 7700 4.2GHz
  • Windows 10 Home Edition
  • 8GB DDR4 Memory
  • 500GB Hard Drive
  • 600 Watt PSU

My opinion:

1. the cpu for this will work

2. Win10 is good

3.  8gb DDR4 is ok but its low, what you want imo is minimum of 16gb with a frequency of 3000 which theres no info on that page for

4. 500gb HD imo is only good for storage, ideally an SSD would be better and a minimum of 500gb would suffice

5. 600 watt PSU is standard, its ok, it will suffice and for the specs given it will work, upgrading to higher specs will need more power.

Final comments, i wouldn't buy it for arma3 especially not on Amazon, theres no mention of what graphics card it has either, specs listed isn't also whats down below for the ram,

ram listed at the top says DDR4 when below its listed as DDR3 SDRAM.

Save your money.

2nd PC

• Intel i5 7400 3.9GHz
  • Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Graphics Card
  • 8GB DDR4 Memory
  • 500GB Hard Drive
  • 600 Watt PSU

1. CPu is ok, dont expect 80FPS

2. Good GPU

3.- 5 Same as above suggestions on other computer

again save your money.

Cheaper aint better.

Theres a some things to consider when buying a computer, especially to run Arma3:

1. CPU - i would not go any lower then a I7 700k why? ----> https://techreport.com/review/31179/intel-core-i7-7700k-kaby-lake-cpu-reviewed/11

2. Graphics card couple with an I7 700k, for the 2nd pc here that GPU would be good enough, so imo ideally anything Nvidia 1050 and up is best.

3. Ram is so important, the link i posted explains the why and results

4. Hard drive vs an SSD google it, but overall SSD hands down

5. Case - a full gaming tower imo is essential if you play alot, not only does it allow enough ventilation (airflow), added with extra fans the computer

can remain cool, under load, and the warmer seasons.

========

I highly recommend you talk to Old Bear and some of the others on this thread:

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/187603-will-my-pc-run-arma3-what-cpugpu-to-get-what-settings-what-system-specifications/

on where and what to get for a gaming build, they can seriously help you, again imo is above, but overall i would save your money, save 2+K and spend the extra money to get some decent parts,

or a prebuilt rig that will run the game without lag or issues.  Hope that helps.

hey Gunter Severloh,

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond to my post and give your opinion on it, it means a lot. I will go and talk to old bear as you said but i have taken your advice into account. Ill keep saving money and keep my eyes out for any good computers that i like.

Thanks greatly, Jeremy.

• Like 1