firewill

AV-8B Harrier 2 Series Standalone

AV-8B updated

- Arctic Front update integration
- ATA/ATG Training presets
- maintenance

• Like 1

Is there we can disable the AMS loadout menu?

On 3/10/2018 at 12:40 PM, Mcnab.D said:

Suggestion for the GR7 and the GR9. would it be possible to make them fully VTOL so certain communities can use the vanilla carrier as an lhd as there is no working standalone version of an lhd currently ?

The Atlas LHD: Plus is sort of working. It does not show up in the editor menu to place objects, so you have to add it via text to a non binarized map file. I did that once to make a template map, after that, you can copy-paste spam it into any map, as many times as you want into a map. It has some issues though. You can also spawn it via a script/trigger

The biggest issue is that the weapons file that comes with it (for its static defenses) breaks some vanilla weapons... no more ASRAAMs in your dynamic loadouts.

The 2nd issue is that it enables simulation in the editor, objects lifted into the air fall, dragging a plane past another ones causes explosions, objects bounce around and move in the editor.

The 3rd issue is that helos and planes placed on it will spawn as flying.

I have fixed all but the 3rd issue, and I just need permission to upload the fixed file from the author.

Spoiler

I simply deleted the weapons file entirely (first I just broke it using a hex editor, so the broken file didn't break vanilla... break that which breaks things basically). A deletion spawns some error messages (prevents loading saves) because it will say the weapons addon is missing... so I went into the main file and blanked the part where it lists the weapons file as required. Then I more elegantly changed the script for defensive weapon spawning, so that now it spawns the Jets DLC static defenses instead of its own old ones.

While I was doing that, I found the part of the file that was enabling simulation in the editor, and blanked that out. It now works well IMO

For the 3rd issue, the workaround is to place the flying assets on the ground and move them to the LHD deck via the setPosASL command in the init fields of the flying vehicles. For this I have a template file where i have the LHD at coordinates X: 0, Y: 0; I place all the helos and planes I want on it, use their coordinates as the offset coordinates (using getPos for the LHD, then adding the offset). Then before its time to actually play/save the final version, I move the flying assets to the ground, and save.

Then they all spawn correctly over the deck...

Once you know what to do and have a template, its really not that hard

On 3/18/2018 at 7:04 AM, firewill said:

i know some people wants Vertical take-off, however harrier is STOVL(short take off/vertical landing) in real life combat operation(if you search some video in youtube, you'll realize they never do vertical takeoff with fully-armed)., so i'm designed STOVL for my aircraft too.

Is it possible to allow vectoring past 90 degrees, or to allow a plane to simply reverse while on the ground?

My biggest desire is to be able to properly move jets around on a crowded deck/into and out of a crowded hangar. With the F-35 (called the F-38) from the Aegis mod, I can hover-taxi around. With the USS freedom, its easy enough to land and then taxi to the catapults. There are no elevators to deal with, and there's enough space for a decent amount of jets... but with the LHD, its nearly impossible to use the elevators without the ability to hover taxi or at least reverse.

See pics for examples/clarification:

Spoiler

Dealing with these with only the ability to move forward is a pain:

lkavxj4.jpg

Here, I hover taxi'd to the lift, and its facing a direction so that it can enter the hangar when the lift goes down, not drive off into the sea... this orientation would be very difficult to get without the ability to hover taxi or reverse:

NJcGnFL.jpg

clfRpbU.jpg

And likewise going up to the deck again...

LB0J2lm.jpg

How would this resolve?

The jet on the outside is facing that way so that it drives on to the flight deck. How would the jet inside get onto the flight deck?

Lastly, for full vtol... the lifts can be a bit buggy, but I think gear tweaks can fix this:

MdUUCPU.jpg

4vp9EYB.jpg

If this happens, going full vtol fixes it:

nc2dlTN.jpg

AV-8B updated

- refueling probe animation improved
- maintenance : IDD for AMS gui has been changed 
  AV-8B(N/A and Plus) : 5166
  Harrier 2 GR.7/9 : 5167

• Like 1

AV-8B updated

- new blank skins
- maintenance : new ADES Interface integrated

• Like 1

Is there anywhere on the HUD or in the cockpit that shows the nozzle vector? I find myself constantly switching to 3rd person to physically look at my nozzles so I know what they're doing and it's super annoying

av-8b updated

- maintenance : fixed class inheritance
- nozzle direction added on the HUD(currnetly WIP)

• Thanks 2

@firewill Just wanted to let you know about a problem with both the GR7 and GR9 variants of the Harrier - they won't stop when taxiing. 😅 No matter how much I try, they will not go below 12km/h. If I spawn them via Zeus, they immediately start rolling too.

Otherwise it is a fantastic mod. 😁

14 hours ago, fourjays said:

@firewill Just wanted to let you know about a problem with both the GR7 and GR9 variants of the Harrier - they won't stop when taxiing. 😅 No matter how much I try, they will not go below 12km/h. If I spawn them via Zeus, they immediately start rolling too.

Otherwise it is a fantastic mod. 😁

confirmed and fixed

AV-8B updated

0.51a
- Harrier 2 GR7/9A forever taxing fixed
- Blank skins landing gear texture fixed

• Like 2

On 4/20/2019 at 4:19 AM, firewill said:

confirmed and fixed

AV-8B updated

0.51a
- Harrier 2 GR7/9A forever taxing fixed
- Blank skins landing gear texture fixed

Awesome, thanks!

AV-8B updated

- VMA-214 Squadron Skins Added(14 planes)
- Default sensor panel range increased 2km to 8km(8->16->30->2->4)

E96F7A297001D6F18F95689AFBB8F76AE4BD7508

AC9384D28B95E0D885DF0B731747AB986618C857

1A94F7E76643317060A84D74441D39A671BA9D35

*all VMA-214 birds are AV-8B plus at this time.

@firewill just a little request please. could you make the gun pod available to the gr7 & gr9 ?

2 hours ago, Mcnab.D said:

@firewill just a little request please. could you make the gun pod available to the gr7 & gr9 ?

aden gun pod is already planned. it's will be update with AV-8B Day Attack and GR.5 in future.

• Like 2