firewill

AV-8B Harrier 2 Series Standalone

5E9F5DF3EECBDBBB55A2021823C9EA56FA6274E1

8CE061D0F00DACF5314333821F0338A60BD5D7AB

F8C31FE6503AED6298DA9E30F421519E1F2B1D9F

RAF Harrier II GR7/9 (work in progress)

in next update, 3 RAF harriers will be include(2 GR9, 1 GR7).

two skins for "Operation Herrick", the codename under which all British operations in the War in Afghanistan were conducted from 2002 to the end of combat operations in 2014.

DJRP(Digital joint reconnaissance pod) is not included at this time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Suggestion for the GR7 and the GR9. would it be possible to make them fully VTOL so certain communities can use the vanilla carrier as an lhd as there is no working standalone version of an lhd currently ?

Some of our players have had luck using the Harrier in full VTOL mode.  You have to turn off autovector and spam your flaps down/vector down key and get up to full throttle.
But, it is possible to take off in VTOL mode and land in VTOL mode.

8 hours ago, Mcnab.D said:

Suggestion for the GR7 and the GR9. would it be possible to make them fully VTOL so certain communities can use the vanilla carrier as an lhd as there is no working standalone version of an lhd currently ?

Hi:

How to take off from LHD wasp with an av-8b + from IA:

put a name to the av-8b, for example avion.

1.- change in the config of the av-8b + the variable VTOL of vtol = 2; to vtol = 4; that way it takes off in vertical mode.

2.- select addon CUP  LHD mod  andd put in the map.

3.- select a av-8a +  in the Stern of the LHD, in the area of white lines. It must be aligned with the yellow line. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT.

4.- put a WAYPOINT of movement from the plane to the objective

5.- fly

how to land in LHD

1.- put a deck from LHD invisible helipad

2.- Conect with av-8b +, put a WAYPOINT "download transport" in the position of invisible helipad

3.- in the waypont in condition,  write:

avion land "LAND"; 

BR

Atomicboy

On 10/03/2018 at 3:03 PM, ski2060 said:

Some of our players have had luck using the Harrier in full VTOL mode.  You have to turn off autovector and spam your flaps down/vector down key and get up to full throttle.
But, it is possible to take off in VTOL mode and land in VTOL mode.

thank you. i will take a look, its much appreciated.

Cheers.

AV-8B updated

- British Aerospace Harrier II GR.7 and GR.9 added(3 skins)
- AMS Integration : new integrated loadout system(see AWS readme for more detail)
- HCS(HUD Color slider System) added
- Maintenance
- Skins Categorized

432F83B25BAECA425D47A0099D53034EA089EEE0

56AA923DC323CBBF53017417745C729267183D2F

9A7CC6436BAA6D7F5902305896A684D46AC02119

some note :

i know some people wants Vertical take-off, however harrier is STOVL(short take off/vertical landing) in real life combat operation(if you search some video in youtube, you'll realize they never do vertical takeoff with fully-armed)., so i'm designed STOVL for my aircraft too.

• Like 5

On 11/03/2018 at 8:47 AM, Mcnab.D said:

thank you. i will take a look, its much appreciated. i just looked at the description and it mentioned STOL only. 

Cheers.

On 18/03/2018 at 6:04 AM, firewill said:

AV-8B updated

- British Aerospace Harrier II GR.7 and GR.9 added(3 skins)
- AMS Integration : new integrated loadout system(see AWS readme for more detail
- HCS(HUD Color slider System) added
- Maintenance
- Skins Categorized

some note :

i know some people wants Vertical take-off, however harrier is STOVL(short take off/vertical landing) in real life combat operation(if you search some video in youtube, you'll realize they never do vertical takeoff with fully-armed)., so i'm designed STOVL for my aircraft too.

Looking forward to putting this through its paces. Thank you firewill. And yes i totally agree regarding the STOVL / VTOL. 

I just wish we had one of these https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9c/HMS_Ark_Royal_(R07).jpg/1200px-HMS_Ark_Royal_(R07).jpg

18 minutes ago, Mcnab.D said:

unable to select the GR7 or GR9 

- Skins Categorized

harrier 2 GR7 and GR9 in AV-8B Harrier II skins category / basic GR9 aircraft is in Planes category

8CEAF808B9BAD45488338E2D937565C3085DD27E

• Like 1

i can see them in the editor but i am unable to place them in zeus, also ams is constantly on as all you need to do is come to a stop and it the option appears without placing the missile rack. see screenshot with zeus,

4ABEA1101B2106F0D8D0285BF395FB374D9457B3

44 minutes ago, Mcnab.D said:

i can see them in the editor but i am unable to place them in zeus, also ams is constantly on as all you need to do is come to a stop and it the option appears without placing the missile rack. see screenshot with zeus,

yeah, looks like i forgot input some classname into cfgpatches.

and also AMS button is will appear when stop. don't worry, not a bug.

because any AMS supported vehicle/object(for example:ammo truck,hangar, missile rack etc and also can define for custom) within 160m, loadout dialog will open.

• Thanks 1

AV-8B updated

0.30a
- RAF harrier classes added in CfgPatches

• Like 3

sorry to be completely unrelated to the topic, firewill How did get Eden editor font like that?

1 hour ago, AIF_Infantrymen said:

sorry to be completely unrelated to the topic, firewill How did get Eden editor font like that?

that's custom font made by me.

AV-8B updated

- bug fixes : HUD disappear in MP client / AMS Bug etc

AV-8B updated

- defaultUserMFDvalues added in config
- maintenance

• Like 1

av-8b updated 

0.32a
- missing HUD fixed for AV-8B N/A and British Harrier II

• Thanks 1

av-8b updated

- maintenance(some fixes for init.sqf and ejection system)

Currently playing on a server where an unarmed version is available. How would I got about making this a server wide change? Can the server pbo mission file be simply edited (which file?) or do I need to find a mod which changes this (and add the key for the sever to accept). Excuse my ignorance on this but which file exactly do I find this line and value in? Im assuming its something like "VTOL = 2"

Thanks for the help and awesome mod

Just got this amazing mod and have a few questions as there are some things that are confusing me. (I've been away from the game for a couple of years so that may also be why).

When trying to go into VTOL, I don't seem to be able to adjust the nozzle orientation when on the ground, only when in the air, and when I land they pop back to their "normal" position, is this a bug or am I potentially doing something wrong?

There also seems to be no way to see the orientation of the nozzles from inside the cockpit, is this correct?

Thank you for creating this mod, the Harrier is my favorite jet and I can't wait to get better at flying it in Arma.

Cheers!

@safetyturtle hey man. This is due to the vehicle vtol class. The mod has it set to "2" which basically means Short Takeoff and its not true vtol. A Harrier can safely vtol without a full and heavy mission loadout.. You are correct for thinking its a bug but because the vehicle is a class "2" the nozzles will not point down vertically until you reach a minimum speed. 

My question is directly above yours and specifically relates to fixing this issue. I just need someones help. Hopefully we get some guidance. 

Edit: here you can see a breakdown on vtol classes https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/A3_CfgVehicles_Plane_class_config_reference#vtol

On 08/01/2018 at 12:58 PM, firewill said:

well, that's need to explain some boring technical background.

in real life, harrier can't simply do the vertical take-off when armed. because weight problem. 

Maximum useful load (include fuel, stores, weapons, ammunition and water injection for engine)

Vertical takeoff : Approximately 3,062 kg

STO : More than 7,710 kg

so mostly harrier use the STO(short take off) on operation, specially when armed.

in game, arma 3 supported several vtol types such as

vtol = 0; // A-164 Wipeout, not a VTOL aircraft

vtol = 1; // F-35B, Vertical Take Off and Landing, Start horizontal (nozzles/nacelles @ 0°)

vtol = 2; // AV-8B Harrier, Short Take Off/Vertical Landing

vtol = 3; // V-44 Blackfish, VTOL using a vectoring near the ground (to avoid blades collision with ground)

vtol = 4; // Y-32 Xi'an, Vertical Take Off and Landing, Start vertical (nozzles/nacelles @ 90°)

2 - STOVL, vectoring limitation on slow speed
default 1.0 vectoring (nozzles/nacelles horizontal @ 0°)
limited 0.0 maximum vectoring (nozzles/nacelles horizontal @ 0°) below 5 km/h

like i said above, take off is STO for harrier so i choose the no.2 for Vtol setting. that's why you can't simply doing the vertical take-off. it's natural. not a bug or something.

@safetyturtle @galahad56 hope this clears it up for you.

8 hours ago, Mcnab.D said:

@safetyturtle @galahad56 hope this clears it up for you.

Thanks for the reply.

However I know this up to this point and in my question I specifically want an answer to this

"How would I got about making this a server wide change? "

If you could answer this Mcnab I would be very much appreciative.

Thanks

Not sure if anyone else has had this problem but I can't seem to find the get in action anywhere on the plane spawned in by Zeus.