shadeops21

Shipping Container Retextures

Hey,

I've been looking around, trying to find just how to retexture the shipping container objects for use in a narrative multiplayer zeus campaign that I'm developing with some friends of mine. I'm hoping to add customised 'corporate' logos to the sides and doors of the containers for story reasons. But I can't find the original texture files amongst all of the logical places within the game files. I've found all the models and such, looked into the configs to find texture paths, and nothing.

Is there some place I'm not looking, or missing completely?

Cheers!

Have you tried retexturing them with any texture yet? That way you could find out if they can actually be changed at all.

If so you can also take screenshots of them in the editor from right angles and use that as texture template for some quick and easy results.

If you want to go all the way find some containers here and make a mod out of them https://sketchfab.com/models/32b50362e78b4145901b20b14f66911a#

On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 12:34 AM, DSabre said:

Have you tried retexturing them with any texture yet? That way you could find out if they can actually be changed at all.

If so you can also take screenshots of them in the editor from right angles and use that as texture template for some quick and easy results.

If you want to go all the way find some containers here and make a mod out of them https://sketchfab.com/models/32b50362e78b4145901b20b14f66911a#

As it turns out, they aren't through either the manual "setObjectTexture" command or through a hard-coded config (like a mod). From what I can see in the vanilla configs, textures are tied to a specific model (as there are container_20_blue.p3d, container_20_red.p3d, etc etc items in the files and config).

I've ended up using the ISOs from that BoxLoader mod for my purposes. They serve the purpose I need well.