cap42

"freeze" on ai driving

I'm having a weird issue on dedicated Server(no such issue on local server):

When I put an AI soldier of my squad in the driver's seat, after a few seconds, I can't move my viewport, but the game isn't frozen properly. I can get out of the car, issue commands, open map and all that.

I wouldn't mind too much as all is back to normal when I get out of the car, BUT unfortunately the AI won't drive on move command, given on map, or viewport at a whatever I am forever frozen to look at.

However, there's always one unit in the squad that SORT of works: If i let him drive without being in the car, give him at least one waypoint, then hop in and continue giving him instructions so he's never "ready" all's well. When he's ready, again viewport freezes and I have to get out. If I add more units to the squad, the "drivable" unit changes... Also, when I put any of the other units in the car, it freezes up...

There's nothing in the serverlog and I so would love my AI to drive me around. Any ideas what might be causing this?

I don't have any mods installed besides CBA3 and AIS, but I never had this issue before...

well first and most obvious thing to do is create a vanilla instance of the server without ANY mods and create a test mission and see if you get the same issue.

There is absolutely No point in trying anything else out until you prove a stable and working vanilla server

Once you have proven that, introduce cba first, replay your known working test mission

Then add AIS, repeat the test mission.

If that all works, its your working mission that is at fault

• Like 1

good idea, I will do that when I find the time...

Is there any way to create a more verbose log output?

only if you write your own debugging system