POLPOX

Questions about Bootcamp Campaign's story

I want to know what is happened all around the campaign due to I am about to translate the whole thing from goddamn unuseful mechanically-translated Japanese to readable Japanese.

• In Diplomatic Relations, weapons of attackers are just small-arms?
  • Why FIAs attacked the AAF convoy?
  • What is "sit-down"? Is a protest activity or a convention?
  • What happens in Kavala while Adams and Conway are dealing with the convoy?
  • Why is MoD is on fire in Damage Control?

I need answers to find out the correct phrases.

Thank you.

In "Diplomatic Relations", it seems the weapons cache that they found was small-arms AND explosives

"Why FIAs attacked the AAF convoy?" 

I don't really know. There is a lot about the Altis storyline that doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I still don't get why the AAF attacked NATO rather than just waiting until NATO left, for example (I've thought of one possible explanation, but then it raises even more questions).

I think when they say "sit-down" they mean a meeting or negotiation. Both sides agree to sit-down at a table and talk. 

"What happens in Kavala while Adams and Conway are dealing with the convoy?"

It seems that the FIA delegation to the "sit-down"/negotiations attacked the government forces rather than coming to negotiate, at least thats what they tell you when you arrive.

"Why is MoD is on fire in Damage Control?"

The MoD is where they were having the meeting/sit-down, so if the FIA attacked rather than coming to negotiate, then it makes sense.

"Why AAF did attack NATO instead of waiting for their withdrawal?"

I think it's because of

Spoiler

CTRG.

CTRG (Miller) is after the East Wind device.

Somehow, CSAT knew CTRG was trying to steal it and, as they have stronger relations with the AAF, they asked Akhanteros to strike on CTRG and/or NATO to protect it.

Better wipe NATO and CTRG out rather than risking a leak.

Plus, that would also be a debt being paid for the second point below

"Why did FIA attack the AAF convoy?"

Good question still not answered yet.

In my campaign 'Twilight of the gods', I give one explanation that could make sense IMHO - although it's just my point of view.

Spoiler

It's not FIA who attacked but CSAT SF dressed as FIA (deception operation) after Akhanteros asked them.

If they do that, the negotiations couldn't happen and the FIA would officially be the one to blame (and the AAF would be free to continue the S&D against the FIA)

Plus, that would also make NATO credibility in jeopardy as they put some pressure to have the AAF negotiate with FIA.

---> FIA is responsible for the attack on the AAF convoy hence there is no negotiation whatsoever and it's not AAF fault

---> NATO is also responsible because they organized the negotiation meeting

It's a win-win for both CSAT and AAF

Still, that's just my explanation.

I don't want to derail the thread, but that brings up other questions like how did CSAT know that CTRG was trying to steal it.

If CTRG and the main NATO force weren't cooperating, why not just increase the facility security instead of starting a war with NATO?

I thought that maybe CTRG actually *had* stolen it already. The 1st mission begins with the roads closed/road checkpoints checking truck cargo, and comments about how the AAF probably doesn't even know what they are checking for. Maybe CTRG had stolen it, and they were trying to ensure that CTRG didn't get it very far, when they didn't recover it quickly, they went crazy? But then why was it the AAF doing it and not CSAT forces (the alternate ending shows that they will go head to head with NATO to protect it)? Why was the AAF cooperating with CSAT to develop a weapon that was damaging their island with earthquakes? what started the AAF/CSAT cooperation to begin with? If CTRG knew of this cooperations, and CTRG member nations are also NATO nations, why was NATO helping the AAF put down the FIA insurrection at the same time that CTRG was helping the FIA?

IMO, the campaign is a bit of an unexplained mess.

25 minutes ago, Wiki said:

"Why AAF did attack NATO instead of waiting for their withdrawal?"

I think it's because of

Reveal hidden contents

CTRG.

CTRG (Miller) is after the East Wind device.

Somehow, CSAT knew CTRG was trying to steal it and, as they have stronger relations with the AAF, they asked Akhanteros to strike on CTRG and/or NATO to protect it.

Better wipe NATO and CTRG out rather than risking a leak.

Plus, that would also be a debt being paid for the second point below

"Why did FIA attack the AAF convoy?"

Good question still not answered yet.

In my campaign 'Twilight of the gods', I give one explanation that could make sense IMHO - although it's just my point of view.

Reveal hidden contents

It's not FIA who attacked but CSAT SF dressed as FIA (deception operation) after Akhanteros asked them.

If they do that, the negotiations couldn't happen and the FIA would officially be the one to blame (and the AAF would be free to continue the S&D against the FIA)

Plus, that would also make NATO credibility in jeopardy as they put some pressure to have the AAF negotiate with FIA.

---> FIA is responsible for the attack on the AAF convoy hence there is no negotiation whatsoever and it's not AAF fault

---> NATO is also responsible because they organized the negotiation meeting

It's a win-win for both CSAT and AAF

Still, that's just my explanation.

I prefer this explanation. o1iuz0d8sbmy.jpg 

But seriously, I think you are right about CSAT sparking it off. Though I don't think they would tell the AAF about the Eastwind device.

46 minutes ago, Ex3B said:

I don't want to derail the thread, but that brings up other questions like how did CSAT know that CTRG was trying to steal it.

If CTRG and the main NATO force weren't cooperating, why not just increase the facility security instead of starting a war with NATO?

I thought that maybe CTRG actually *had* stolen it already. The 1st mission begins with the roads closed/road checkpoints checking truck cargo, and comments about how the AAF probably doesn't even know what they are checking for. Maybe CTRG had stolen it, and they were trying to ensure that CTRG didn't get it very far, when they didn't recover it quickly, they went crazy? But then why was it the AAF doing it and not CSAT forces (the alternate ending shows that they will go head to head with NATO to protect it)? Why was the AAF cooperating with CSAT to develop a weapon that was damaging their island with earthquakes? what started the AAF/CSAT cooperation to begin with? If CTRG knew of this cooperations, and CTRG member nations are also NATO nations, why was NATO helping the AAF put down the FIA insurrection at the same time that CTRG was helping the FIA?

IMO, the campaign is a bit of an unexplained mess.

Spoiler

Nope, CTRG hasn't taken the device.

In the last mission of the campaign, if you choose to help lieutenant James, you will find it n Altis.

IMHO, CSAT knew that NATO forces were aware of the device and were trying to steal it.

They didn't know about CTRG, they just knew it was NATO soldier (SF, regular, nevermind: NATO guys).

Hence, as they didn't know who in the NATO forces, they decided to clear everything out with the AAF help.

29 minutes ago, Z-Nine said:

I prefer this explanation. o1iuz0d8sbmy.jpg 

But seriously, I think you are right about CSAT sparking it off. Though I don't think they would tell the AAF about the Eastwind device.

No, probably not.

But they could have used anything - seeing the kind of relations between CSAT and AAF, and the relation between NATO and AAF, wouldn't be that hard to do.

Nope, CTRG hasn't taken the device.In the last mission of the campaign, if you choose to help lieutenant James, you will find it n Altis.

I know, that's why I referenced "the alternate ending shows that they will go head to head with NATO to protect it".

My idea was that maybe CTRG did take it in the begining, and CSAT+AAF went ()*$(#, which sparked the road closure/search of NATO vehicles, and then the attack on NATO in general. During that attack, its entirely plausible that CSAT+AAF were successful in recovering the device from CTRG, so CTRG has to re-steal it later.

Otherwise.... I'm going to take the *Altistic Screeching* explanation, because if CSAT was worried about eastwind being stolen, then they'd just up their security and have the AAF tell NATO to leave sooner

That's also possible.

However, I think we'll never know :(

Thanks everyone. Now I can write down better translations!