Sign in to follow this  
giorox

Cannot load texture even though there is no face mapped on model

I was messing with the BIS Arma 2 MLODs and I came across the FAL and wanted to experiment with it to learn how to mod weapons.

It was working fine before, but now, everytime I pull it out it will give me the following error:yfkfMxB.png

When I go to object builder and click "Check Textures" it says there are no missing textures though, all UV maps are clean for all guns, no RVMATs, nothing...

Any idea?

39 minutes ago, giorox said:

I was messing with the BIS Arma 2 MLODs and I came across the FAL and wanted to experiment with it to learn how to mod weapons.

It was working fine before, but now, everytime I pull it out it will give me the following error:

When I go to object builder and click "Check Textures" it says there are no missing textures though, all UV maps are clean for all guns, no RVMATs, nothing...

Any idea?

You need to remap the textures in Object Builder, the error you are getting is because its looking for the texture in Arma2. I assume you built a new model.cfg? Changed the animations etc?

5 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

You need to remap the textures in Object Builder, the error you are getting is because its looking for the texture in Arma2. I assume you built a new model.cfg? Changed the animations etc?

I made a new model.cfg and config.cpp from scratch pretty much.

When it comes to remapping, you mean the "Mass texture and material renaming.."? If so, there are no textures or materials there I removed all textures from the model using the face properties window.

2 minutes ago, giorox said:

When it comes to remapping, you mean the "Mass texture and material renaming.."? If so, there are no textures or materials there.

Well it sounds like you are using the wrong p3d file, as there should be rvmats and .paas mapped.

Just now, R0adki11 said:

Well it sounds like you are using the wrong p3d file, as there should be rvmats and .paas mapped.

The original model from the Arma 2 Samples had the rvmats and paa and tgas mapped.

What I did was remove them all in the Face Properties Window

Just now, giorox said:

What I did was remove them all in the Face Properties Window

You didn't need to remove them, they would work fine in Arma3. Just some adjustments are needed to make an Arma2 weapon work in Arma3.

1 minute ago, R0adki11 said:

You didn't need to remove them, they would work fine in Arma3. Just some adjustments are needed to make an Arma2 weapon work in Arma3.

I know they woud, fact of the matter is I didn't have them as they didnt come with the BIS MLODs, hence why I removed them.

Just now, giorox said:

I know they woud, fact of the matter is I didn't have them as they didnt come with the BIS MLODs, hence why I removed them.

If they didn't come with BIS MLODs, where did you get them from?

Just now, R0adki11 said:

If they didn't come with BIS MLODs, where did you get them from?

The BIS Sample came with rvmats and p3ds, but no textures, either way, the p3d was still mapped with the textures it was supposed to have.

Those are the pbo's which you then need to extract the textures from (if I remember correctly).

With something like pboManager or Eliteness it's easy enough.

2 minutes ago, UK_Apollo said:

Those are the pbo's which you then need to extract the textures from (if I remember correctly).

With something like pboManager or Eliteness it's easy enough.

Yea i think they, extracting textures is quite a simple task.

• Like 1

Well I know it is, that's not the problem.

The problem is, there is no reference in any of the models faces to any of the textures (When looking at it through the face properties window), because I removed them voluntarily.

So in theory, when I pull it out ingame, it should be a white weapon, which is what I want, but it gives off the error..

As you can see, even ObjectBuilder says that the model is complettely un-mapped and that there are no dependencies, but when I go in-game, it acts like there is a mapped face stillbA393LD.png

There is not even a missing texture according to ObjectBuilder:
xvmcMD3.png

Is the config.cpp trying to assign some textures through hiddenSelectionsTextures?

Are you doing "clear temp"/"full build" when repacking the .pbo after removing the textures from the model?

1 minute ago, da12thMonkey said:

Is the config.cpp trying to assign some textures through hiddenSelectionsTextures?

Are you doing "clear temp"/"full build" when repacking the .pbo after removing the textures from the model?

No hidden selections on it.

And the "Clear Temp Folder" is marked on the AddonBuilder

WELL SHIT ME.

Alright, I found the reference.

Turns out I had made 3 models for a 10rnd, 20rnd and 30rnd mag for the FAL, and coincidentally, that had the texture on it, and the problem wasnt with the gun, but the mags that it was putting on the characters gear in the Virtual Arsenal.

Thanks so much guys for trying to help.