gc8

Arsenal finite item count

Is it possible to have the arsenal to have x amount of magazines for example? Now by clicking the arsenal checkbox in eden gives arsenal with infinite item count. But I would like to have limited number of items in the arsenal. Is this possible?

thx!

No it's not possible. Well you could ofcause make your own arsenal. But the Vanilla Arsenal doesn't provide that functionality.

• Thanks 1

I was thinking it probably was not possible. but have to be sure about this before I do custom code :)

????

You don't need to code for an edited box:

- virtual equipment storage for infinite amount of (limited or not) item list.

- default storage with the quantity you want for all items you want.

It doesn't take so much time to get a custom box.

@pierremgi sorry I dont know what you mean.. when I put supply box in the editor and make it arsenal by the check box it always has infinite amount of weapons

There is no "arsenal" check box in vanilla. Just a "equipment storage" sub-menu in attributes, with two tabs: "default" and "virtual". The default one is OK for what you intend to do.

Just now, pierremgi said:

The default one is OK for what you intend to do.

the boxes can contain only limited amount of gear so that's the problem with that...

actually they may contain lot over their capacity but then the problem becomes player has no where to leave unused gear. Because player cant put anything in full box

hummm Not sure you tried what i suggest.

You can place all you want by the default storage. You need to clear it first, then choose all you want (I placed 30 lauchers + 30 rifles + backpacks + hundreds of magazines in a simple ammo box!). Then, don't forget to click on the content tab (first one at left of the rifles) to check the content (seems to be more reliable). Then OK.

On the other hand, you can pick anything in this inventory, but, as you said, the room stays null for a while. So, there is no mean to switch some items. The previous item in player's inventory will be placed on the ground.

@pierremgi I'm really looking for better solution than that :) Need quick inventory management for AI too.

7 hours ago, gc8 said:

@pierremgi I'm really looking for better solution than that :) Need quick inventory management for AI too.

I'm afraid Dedmen is right. You should post a feature request on BI feedback. You will not have any other solution than scripting the exact amount of each item/weapon with addWeaponCargoGlobal commands. Imho, that takes more time than editor attributes.

what do you mean by "inventory management for AI too" ? Do you want AIs become Arsenal?

7 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

what do you mean by "inventory management for AI too" ?

I need quick way to give my group members (AI) gear.

Check 'Antistasi' mission. Jeroen Notenbomer, our friend, has implemented the arsenal with finite amount of items by modifying the existing Arsenal.

There is also a Eden mod on Steam WS which adds an inventory manager. Might be worth checking that out.

18 minutes ago, sparker said:

Check 'Antistasi' mission. Jeroen Notenbomer, our friend, has implemented the arsenal with finite amount of items by modifying the existing Arsenal.

I think there's misunderstanding here. I am not looking for limited item types arsenal, I'm looking for limited item count. Like 5 mags in arsenal and 2 guns. And if you take those there's nothing left to take.

27 minutes ago, sparker said:

Yes, by 'items' i mean fixed amount of each item. The way you've described it is exactly how it works.

https://github.com/A3Antistasi/antistasiofficial

Check folder called 'JeroenArsenal'

so is the Antistasi mission supposed to have  that? because I just tried the mission and it was the same old arsenal. atleast look like it.

I will try the github...

thx!

Edited by gc8
found downloads

19 minutes ago, R3vo said:

There is also a Eden mod on Steam WS which adds an inventory manager. Might be worth checking that out.

sure will if I can just find it :) lots of eden mods on WS....

Ok found latest version of Antistasi and it has the limited item arsenal. :)

atleast in theory it seems all items have the infinite symbol on it

Well at start you have some stuff in the crate's basic inventory. Go to arsenal, push 'to crate' button and the stuff from 'inventory'

will get transfered to 'arsenal' and you can play with it.

Some are infinite, yes, this is done on purpose for basic items.

@sparker its pretty nice system. can it be used for AI too?

Well if you remote-control AI and open the arsenal, then i think, yes.

Or do you want it to work another way?

1 minute ago, sparker said:

Well if you remote-control AI and open the arsenal, then i think, yes.

Or do you want it to work another way?

I would like to open the arsenal for each AI in my group. I don't know remote control though sounds like some mod feature?

Sorry I don't quite know how remote control works in Arma, but it is in Antistasi and you can check how it's implemented. I've had some success customizing my units through the modified arsenal by remote controlling them.

In Antistasi, you have to recruit some guys through the flag's menu at the HQ, then select one, press Y button and search for temporary AI control.

• Thanks 1