LifeSnatcher

create tasks for all blufor multiplayer

This code below only works when running the server locally and only I can see the new task. When i put it up on our server no one sees it. Also when running locally on my box my mates also dont see the task. I have been working on this for days. Im sure its because i dont under stand arma scripting but how do i get this new task to show up and be in everyone's tasks list? I dont want to use third party task managers, i want to run this one script and have it show up for all blue for.

params ["_missionabrev", "_taskid"];

_v_taskname = _missionabrev + "EndTask";
_v_markername = _missionabrev + "Marker_1";

SMEndTask = player createSimpleTask [localize _v_taskname];
SMEndTask setSimpleTaskDestination (getMarkerPos _v_markername);
SMEndTask setSimpleTaskDescription ["Side Mission Update: Kill remaining Hostiles!","Side Mission Update: Kill all remaining Hostiles","Side Mission Update: Kill all remaining Hostiles"];
SMEndTask setTaskState "Created";

Would greatly advise to use modules when creating any kind of tasks. Lots of scripting is avoided and for me at least it is much more simple. All the needed modules are in the intel subsection of the modules section located in the eden editor.

1 minute ago, helicopterenthusiast said:

Would greatly advise to use modules when creating any kind of tasks. Lots of scripting is avoided and for me at least it is much more simple. All the needed modules are in the intel subsection of the modules section located in the eden editor.

im obviously not going that way. i obviously need to dynamically create tasks.

17 minutes ago, helicopterenthusiast said:

Any mission with more than 2 tasks greatly benefits from using dedicated functions to handle task creation, condition checking and rewards/new tasks upon completion.

Doing missions that go beyond "kill all enemies in that area" with task modules and triggers very quickly gets tiresome having at least 2 triggers per task.

Cheers

Solved it found this, yet another way to create tasks in arma. this one works for what im doin.

11 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Any mission with more than 2 tasks greatly benefits from using dedicated functions to handle task creation, condition checking and rewards/new tasks upon completion.

Doing missions that go beyond "kill all enemies in that area" with task modules and triggers very quickly gets tiresome having at least 2 triggers per task.

Cheers

Well don't know how to use them so I have always used modules. I believe modules also help the missions be playable after Arma 3 updates too.

And missions of mine can indeed be tiring to create but they have no issues afterwards and can be managed by my short scripting skills anytime.

Also they do have much more than simple kill all enemies tasks :thumbs-up:

2 minutes ago, helicopterenthusiast said:

Well don't know how to use them so I have always used modules. I believe modules also help the missions be playable after Arma 3 updates too.

And missions of mine can indeed be tiring to create but they have no issues afterwards and can be managed by my short scripting skills anytime.

As i said, i need to dynamically create tasks because im running a server that allows users to submit compositions/missions and i spawn them in with a parser. so if you dont know scripting then why post here. unless your looking to increase your forum score.

Forum score? There is no forum score as far as I am aware but anyways.

Was not quoting you my friend. You solved your isse and that is good news. I was just quoting Grumpy Old Man in case he had another argument against the use of modules.

Thought you had logged off.

In any case, I shall depart from your post since you so wish.

17 minutes ago, helicopterenthusiast said:

If task related scripting commands cease to work then it's highly probable that modules stop working too.

Modules are basically scripts you can place on the map in the editor.

Handling multiple tasks can be really simple via scripting, check it out in a post of mine.

If the mission is no longer online I can reupload it if interested.

Also chill both yer horses.

aydAWRa.jpg

Cheers

• Thanks 1

I really appreciate all the feed back sorry for being a dick before.

i did however solve my issues with the following two script usages. not sure how to mark the thread as solved

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_taskCreate

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_taskSetState

for the next poor sap who is baffled by all the possible task creation methods arma has made.