Mitchell Miller

Custom Linux Server - Cannot Connect Over WAN

I've noticed some server admins here in the past, so I'm hoping you guys can help out! I've got a virtualized Debian server running, and it worked just fine before the latest update (1.80.143869 is the issue). I've followed this medium guide, and it was fine. It worked on LAN and WAN, with and without mods. One day, it just stopped working.

Now, even with a fresh VM that has access to WAN, a fresh install of arma3server, open ports for the game and Battleye, my friends and I can't connect over WAN. LAN works as expected. Over WAN, all we get is an error saying "Connection failed", and my terminal doesn't show an attempted connection.

I can post my log if needed. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Also, I'm not installing it on a Windows server. I am keeping my lab Linux only, especially since it was working previously.

Incoming connections are from x64 Windows clients.

Distro: debian-9.0-standard

Version (server and client): 1.80.143869

Open ports: 2302-2306 UDP; 2344 TCP/UDP to 81.0.236.111; 2345 TCP to 81.0.236.111

Configs: https://pastebin.com/sC7mYsJL

have you checked in the firewall logs that a connection attempt hase been made from an external IP (server and modem/router)? Also, does the server register in Steam (is it available in the server browser)?

1 hour ago, ozzbik said:

have you checked in the firewall logs that a connection attempt hase been made from an external IP (server and modem/router)? Also, does the server register in Steam (is it available in the server browser)?

I'll check the firewall logs. I don't think that's the issue because I didn't need to open the ports in the firewall on a previous instance. The server does show up in the server browser in game and in the launcher.