On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:38 PM, jakeplissken said:

This map is great, but it will not work with Alive. I setup a simple mission with the modules, then I try it from the EDEN editor in MP and I get an infinite loading screen. Other maps like Fallujah work perfectly. This map needs an Alive index to work perfectly.

Ben,

Trying to index this for ALiVE. DeWrp keeps hanging and freezing at the same file every single time I try to run it. The objects.tembelan.sqf file that DeWrp is trying to create gets up to about 9978KB in size, and it freezes there, and the file ends in this fashion...["a3\signs_f\signt\signt_warningrocks.p3d",
[
[61860,[5157,7678]],
[60266,[5324,7898]]
]
],
["a3\signs_f\signt\signt_dangerbendsr.p3d",
[
[73843,[5690,7524]],
[73788,[5741,7579]],
[84060,[6615,7155]],
[83961,[6582,7257]]
]
],
["a3\structures_f\ind\fuelstation\fuelstat

DeWrp reads from the Tembelan.pbo file, and I am assuming that there may be an issue within your pbo in regards to the fuel station. If you could look into it, that would be great. This map is perfect for Alive missions. I would love to be able to get this indexed, but am getting hung up as you can see above.

If you can look into the pbo, and any issues with the fuelstation, I could have this indexed and off to the Alive team in no time.  

The map is amazing.  Just a quick fly around of the map in Eden, made me drool for some good ALiVE action!  Great detail, and could easily become my new favorite map!

I will have a look into it. Not done any indexing for ALiVE before, so i am not sure what processes it does or why it would have a particular issue with these objects.

I have had a couple of the Alive devs helping me learn the process.  I've got the procedure figured out now pretty much.  They had me do stratis, and I was able to do that one successfully.  So once I did stratis a couple times with success, I went back to tembelan and the process hangs at the same spot every time while it is accessing pbo to get all the objects and their locations within the map.  I would be more than happy to send the sqf to you so you can see it in it's entirety

the indexing log shows the same thing.  I will post a few of the last lines for you.

["a3\structures_f_argo\military\containerbases\cargo_tower_v3_derelict_f.p3d",
 ["a3\structures_f_kart\civ\sportsgrounds\finishgate_01_narrow_f.p3d",
 ["a3\structures_f_kart\civ\sportsgrounds\plasticbarrier_03_f.p3d",
 ["a3\structures_f_argo\civilian\house_small02\i_house_small_02_b_brown_f.p3d",
 ["a3\structures_f\mil\cargo\cargo_tower_v1_no7_f.p3d",
 ["a3\structures_f_argo\commercial\billboards\billboard_02_chernarus_f.p3d",
 ["a3\structures_f_argo\industrial\agriculture\barn_01_brown_f.p3d",
 ["a3\structures_f_argo\industrial\agriculture\shed_08_grey_f.p3d",
 ["a3\structures_f\bridges\bridge_asphalt_f.p3d",
 ["a3\structures_f_argo\industrial\agriculture\barn_01_grey_f.p3d",
 ["a3\structures_f_argo\industrial\agriculture\shed_08_grey_ruins_f.p3d",
 ["a3\structures_f_argo\civilian\stone_shed_01\i_stone_shed_01_b_raw_f.p3d",
 ["a3\structures_f\households\house_small03\i_house_small_03_v1_dam_f.p3d",
 ["a3\structures_f\households\house_shop01\u_shop_01_v1_dam_f.p3d",
 ["a3\structures_f\households\house_big02\i_house_big_02_v1_dam_f.p3d",
 ["a3\structures_f_argo\commercial\billboards\billboard_03_pills_f.p3d",
 ["a3\structures_f\households\house_shop01\i_shop_01_v1_dam_f.p3d",
 ["a3\structures_f_heli\civ\market\pallettrolley_01_khaki_f.p3d",
 ["a3\structures_f\households\house_small01\i_house_small_01_v3_dam_f.p3d",
 ["a3\structures_f\ind\wavepowerplant\wavepowerplant_f.p3d",
 ["a3\structures_f\ind\reservoirtank\reservoirtank_airport_f.p3d",
 ["a3\structures_f_argo\commercial\billboards\billboard_03_bluking_f.p3d",
 ["a3\structures_f_argo\commercial\billboards\billboard_03_maskrtnik_f.p3d",
 ["a3\structures_f\ind\fuelstation\fuelstat

As you can see, the last line is not complete in naming the structure.

UPDATE....I have sent a successful alive map index to the ALiVE devs to test.  I can tell you from my small index test mission that it was working.  I am gonna make a mission to really test drive this map hard now. 

Made a little larger mission with opfor and blufor and civilians.  just for a quick 10 minute test, it appears to be working well.  I think the Alive devs are gonna give it a test run hopefully this weekend, and if all goes well, your map will be Alive compatible on the next alive update!

Sounds like good stuff, i am sure other ALiVE users will appreciate this, just an FYI i am working on an update to the map which has cleaned up a few errant objects and added a few mostly decorative things, and primarily to try and fix the airport configs. However i know this will require the map to be reindexed. Hope to have it out withing the next two weeks.

Keep me posted on updates and I can do a reindex to give to Alive team.  It would be great if you could get the taxiways and all that working well.  Alive spawns in aircraft nicely.  Nothing spawning in on H barriers and exploding and such.  The just don't know what to do to taxi from hangars to runways and no landing patterns and such.  For human pilots, I think your airports are great.  But that's always been an issue with alive, is that map makers never really put a ton of effort into the mechanics of their airports.  I looked at DAA, but I don't think that will make Alive AI planes do as told in daa without tons of scripting.  

@-ben- @cbff33

If the map is adding new objects, then we should probably wait and have a new index done.

FYI I did test the one cbff33 submitted last night and it works perfectly. But it makes no sense to merge it into master if it’s going to need to be redone this soon.

@cbff33 please resubmit the index after this map updates again and you index the map again and we’ll get it into a future ALiVE release.

I will reindex with Ben gives the the word.  Glad to see the current index works.  I let it run on it's own last night and it worked flawlessly.  Keep me posted Ben.  It took some work, but that was my first ever map index.

Great map, but there seems to be some issue in config. Missions on this map can't be started on dedicated server

Warning Message: No entry http://bin//config.bin/CfgWorlds.Tembelan'.

14 minutes ago, Redrumovy said:

Great map, but there seems to be some issue in config. Missions on this map can't be started on dedicated server

Are you sure the addon is actually running on the server?

22 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

Are you sure the addon is actually running on the server?

Yes, it's on the server. Some people in steam workshop comments have the same issue.

20 hours ago, Redrumovy said:

If you got it from the workshop the PBO might not have downloaded correctly. The workshop is notorious for not downloading addons correctly, i have seen someone else mention this issue. However majority of people have reported no issues, so it stands to reason that there isn't a config issue in the mod and its a download issue with the PBO or with it being loaded on server/clients. I for one am running the workshop version on the dedicated server i manage, and we run missions on it fine.

V1.2

Added Airfield Config to Tembelan International Airport.
Added Airfield Config to Primary Run way of Selatan Military Airbase.
Added some enclosed compounds to the Resort Airfield.
Added some objects to the front of the resort hotel.
Added some objects to the house compounds in Lapangan Futsal Industrial

Tweaked Satmap and mask in various areas.

Removed a few errant rocks and bushes that were on roadways.

For those will ask:

1. I have only configed one of the runways at the military airbase because after lots of attempts, the AI do not handle runways that cross each other well enough for me to warrant leaving them both configed.

2. I do not know why the Resort Airfield will not work. I have redone the config there numerous times and for some reason the AI refuse to use it properly, i have left it there so people know its an airstrip and for the plane HUDS to pick it up.

• Like 3

@cbff33 

This should be the last update with object changes for the foreseeable future. So now would be an appropriate time to do ALiVE Indexing.  

• Like 2

I am getting ready to hit the road, but when I get some downtime here in the next week or two, I will give it another run.

Looked at the terrain last night. Nice!

Some original ideas that work well such as the construction sites that include cement pillars, etc 

Good job

• Like 1

Hi all here is my first shot at making a mission file from scratch

https://drive.google.com/open?id=10YuJJz6Fp6RJUbjeHCnhyxTCqNl2pSc2

I have all trader npcs set up, spawn zones and contamination zones. 

I figured i would release it seeing im not that good or just dont have enough time on my hands to do everything. Maybe a community release would be good getting the whole thing going and keep it updated on this thread.

368B1737B70214F51E4002D896720046624E5A90

do you plan to add bridges to normal ones from Tanoa for example?

Hi Ben,

Took some time to explore your map and it's awesome! Feels very natural  and good FPS despite all the objects/vegetation. Adding this one to my favorites!

Thanks for making and sharing!

Hey @-ben-, what's the ETA on that fix for the map not downloading properly in the A3 launcher? It will become suitable for online play on a dedicated server after this gets resolved, and I bet you'd see a lot more traffic to your terrain. It's high quality and deserves to get a wider audience.