define soon? It looks amazing. 

I would love to use this map for a story drive campaign. Russia looking to expand its hold on neighbor nations. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Gimpy said:

define soon? It looks amazing. 

I would love to use this map for a story drive campaign. Russia looking to expand its hold on neighbor nations. 

Soon on this forum ALWAYS means when its ready.

• Like 3

On 12/24/2017 at 5:48 PM, bludski said:

This may or may not be a thing some time soon:

Good job man. Feels like home.

• Like 1

I'm just going to leave these here.

• Like 18

That looks amazing.   One question, if i may, how did you do the little puddles or damp on the roads?

Gimme a sec while I copy/paste all the superlatives from the PKL thread....

Nice!  I love the immersive feel of a wet, damp, sunny winter day.  Something else you could do if you have dirt trails make an asphalt/dirt road insertion with mud on it.

• Like 3

Wonderful work!  Nice of you to let the Bohemia Team drive their tank around for testing. :D  Like everyone else, very much looking forward to getting access to your work.

To the mod who merged these threads... Not the same terrain...  At the very least NORD thread should be closed.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, rksl-rock said:

That looks amazing.   One question, if i may, how did you do the little puddles or damp on the roads?

Possibly, he places two combined textures with two different rvmats, one for an edge and another one for a water (reflective), just over the top of an asphalt to create puddles. They seems to me like placed by hand. Below them are holes in the road mesh, if any. It might utilize "blending" shader, sort of. It's just nice, immersive feature, made in creative way, I believe.

1 hour ago, bludski said:

To the mod who merged these threads... Not the same terrain...  At the very least NORD thread should be closed.

Sorry about that, it looked similar or the same terrain to me,  ive created a new thread. Also to contact the moderating team please use the 'report post' feature as the moderating team can't possibly read every single thread. :f:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, R0adki11 said:

Sorry about that, it looked similar or the same terrain to me,  ive created a new thread. Also to contact the moderating team please use the 'report post' feature as the moderating team can't read every single thread. 

Thats cool :) Thanks for fixing it up man and happy new year!

• Like 1

Very very much looking forward to this terrain. 

Now ive got an interesting question, you say the terrain is set in the Spring, what will the temperature be? If you’re confused by what I mean will the temperature be below zero when using ACE for ballistics and whatnot? 

16 minutes ago, CPT J. Shaw said:

Very very much looking forward to this terrain. 

Now ive got an interesting question, you say the terrain is set in the Spring, what will the temperature be? If you’re confused by what I mean will the temperature be below zero when using ACE for ballistics and whatnot? 

I have no idea how that works in ACE.... I don't think there are standard terrain config settings to do with that. If someone knows then I'll set them if they tell me. Ideally it should be like 10-15c during day and maybe down to 2 or 0c or slightly below at night. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, bludski said:

I have no idea how that works in ACE.... I don't think there are standard terrain config settings to do with that. If someone knows then I'll set them if they tell me. Ideally it should be like 10-15c during day and maybe down to 2 or 0c or slightly below at night. 

Yeah I have no idea how to config that. The 10-15 degrees should be pretty much standard from what I’ve seen, 0 degrees might be a bit of a push. I tried to see if there was any documentation on how to set that up but I haven’t seen anything helpful. 

"CfgWorlds" >> YourTerrainName >> "Weather"

Parameters in this class:

temperatureDayMax[]       = {10,12,15,20,25,35,35,35,25,20,10,10};
temperatureDayMin[]       = {-10,-6,-5,-1,5,6,7,10,5,2,-5,-10};
temperatureNightMax[]     = {5,6,8,10,13,18,26,25,15,13,8,4};
temperatureNightMin[]     = {-10,-10,-10,-5,0,4,5,6,5,0,-5,-10};
overcastTemperatureFactor = 0.4;

These parameters are supposed to be relevant to Thermal Imaging (grading). Not sure what other mods do with this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, mondkalb said:

"CfgWorlds" >> YourTerrainName >> "Weather"

Parameters in this class:

temperatureDayMax[]       = {10,12,15,20,25,35,35,35,25,20,10,10};
temperatureDayMin[]       = {-10,-6,-5,-1,5,6,7,10,5,2,-5,-10};
temperatureNightMax[]     = {5,6,8,10,13,18,26,25,15,13,8,4};
temperatureNightMin[]     = {-10,-10,-10,-5,0,4,5,6,5,0,-5,-10};
overcastTemperatureFactor = 0.4;

These parameters are supposed to be relevant to Thermal Imaging (grading). Not sure what other mods do with this.

Thank you very much! I will experiment with these next time I adjust my configs!

For everyone else: Here is a link to a webcam looking at the road leading up close to the real world area. The road is currently closed due to snow.

https://www.vegvesen.no/trafikkinformasjon/Reiseinformasjon/Trafikkmeldinger/Webkamera?kamera=719900&zoom=7

This is 840m ASL 

When the snow melts, I'll be up there walking around shooting custom object reference in the spring so i can make my own clutter in place of the dated arma 2 ones that don't really fit, currently on the map.

• Like 5

Is it possible to place at least one heavy forest?

Otherwise the island looks really amazing. :thumbs-up:

• Like 1

On 05/01/2018 at 12:09 AM, dyrmoon said:

Is it possible to place at least one heavy forest?

Otherwise the island looks really amazing. :thumbs-up:

Not happening.. There aren't heavy forests at this altitude.. Just rocks and tiny plants that enjoy the cold and only hang out for a few months. And rocks.

YI1VJye.jpg

acNcFN3.jpg

AunQPIN.jpg

6jXb3lS.jpg

QYs2Pzb.jpg

DmiR2Jq.jpg

Egd4Y6e.jpg

FX2pv49.jpg

This terrain is from 800-1200m asl, north of the polar circle.. This isn't a forest map... I added more trees than would really be here for gameplay reasons already.

Also it isn't an island ;)

• Like 12