Hi @bludski,

Sounds like a great plan and based on this map I'm sure anything you do will be a little jewel... Hah - also reminds me of one of my pet peeves with BI - AI's ability to navigate rivers is almost nonexistent (right up there with puddles/lakes and lack of women) - at least from my experiments... Seems like that map would be an excellent candidate for vibrant river traffic and Apocalypse Now kind of river battles... Appreciate your shared thoughts and preview...

Regards,

Scott

• Like 1

@scottb613 The rivers here will mostly be just deep enough to cross with minimal effort like on the northern part of the prei ones.

In reality, water in the area will vary by 10+ meters in the rain season but since we can't have elevated water in arma, this will basically be a large swamp in most regards so that anything resembling rivers will be possible. Lots of experimenting left to do though. The bigger map will be slightly more geared towards wheels though so there will be bridge type situations too. It might not even be bigger.

• Like 3

Having done a few Combat Patrols on this terrain now, I've got to say it's the most intense environment I've played in. I spent about two hours on by belt buckle, crawling through the jungle to recce a target for CAS, to get shot by a bloke I didn't see come through the bushes.

Keep up the great work!

• Like 3

Still plugging away at making a number of missions on this map, and it hasn't disappointed yet. Here's another few minutes worth of video of something I'm closing in on finishing. So far it's one of the harder one's I've made (I run setDamage false every time I test it just to make sure I get through) and can get pretty intense and confusing at times. But then again night, rain and low visibility will do that:

Edit: Video Desciption

WIP video of mission #7 for my Jungle Ops campaign I've been making for me and some mates to play on (when it's done). This mission is a defensive battle where the player's fire-team and squad are central to an enemy attack that comes in waves. I was going for a difficult mission with low visibility due to rain and fog/mist, and from what I've played through of it the GLA flares make a lot of difference to how the mission flows.

This mission is just about finished. Just need to apply some changes noted down from this play through featured here and it's done. Plus, I'm running with setDamage false to ensure I get through to the end to get everything tested.

This mission also features my Remote Detonator Function for detonating mines (inspired by this terrain) and also uses my support-by-fire function (static weapon version in this case).

• Like 4

19 hours ago, bludski said:

In reality, water in the area will vary by 10+ meters in the rain season but since we can't have elevated water in arma, 

We can. BIS was recently experimenting with tides, I believe the same could be used for the river on a landlocked map. This feature was in ArmA2 already.

1 minute ago, dragon01 said:

We can. BIS was recently experimenting with tides, I believe the same could be used for the river on a landlocked map. This feature was in ArmA2 already.

I'm not talking about tides...

38 minutes ago, beno_83au said:

Still plugging away at making a number of missions on this map, and it hasn't disappointed yet. Here's another few minutes worth of video of something I'm closing in on finishing. So far it's one of the harder one's I've made (I run setDamage false every time I test it just to make sure I get through) and can get pretty intense and confusing at times. But then again night, rain and low visibility will do that:

Edit: Video Desciption

WIP video of mission #7 for my Jungle Ops campaign I've been making for me and some mates to play on (when it's done). This mission is a defensive battle where the player's fire-team and squad are central to an enemy attack that comes in waves. I was going for a difficult mission with low visibility due to rain and fog/mist, and from what I've played through of it the GLA flares make a lot of difference to how the mission flows.

This mission is just about finished. Just need to apply some changes noted down from this play through featured here and it's done. Plus, I'm running with setDamage false to ensure I get through to the end to get everything tested.

This mission also features my Remote Detonator Function for detonating mines (inspired by this terrain) and also uses my support-by-fire function (static weapon version in this case).

Hi Folks,

Nice work - making a similar mission using Unsung (1965 USMC) - so no NVG's - just flares and flashlights... It get's dark in that jungle at night...

:f:

Regards,
Scott

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bludski said:

I'm not talking about tides...

You were talking about varying the water level in the river, right? If you're doing the river the "normal" way (not as a pond), and your terrain is landlocked, then it should be possible to get a reasonably realistic "wet season" effect using the tide curve. 

17 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

You were talking about varying the water level in the river, right? If you're doing the river the "normal" way (not as a pond), and your terrain is landlocked, then it should be possible to get a reasonably realistic "wet season" effect using the tide curve. 

I was in NO way talking about varying the water levels i was talking about water at various levels of elevation.

The map is set in the wet season. Else it would be mostly brown, no puddles, and barely any water in the main river. 

What I am talking about is we are using sea water to pretend it isn't because that is the only water we have. One level. Rivers flow downward. From an elevated position. Doing more than one particular season and playing with tides doesn't enter into it. I want water at different altitude levels. Can't have that so map is will basically be a swamp.

Adjusting the sea level has nothing to with anything and doing it will break the illusion.

10 minutes ago, bludski said:

What I am talking about is we are using sea water to pretend it isn't because that is the only water we have. One level. Rivers flow downward. From an elevated position. Doing more than one particular season and playing with tides doesn't enter into it.

The kind of terrain you showed doesn't appear to include any elevated position. A wide, meandering river like in the pic on the previous page usually flows across a mostly flat area (hence the meandering - any grade noticeable to a human will make a river flow straight down the slope). At the map sizes we're talking about I wouldn't expect much in terms of elevation changes that far downriver.

That said, given the changes in how vegetation looks between wet and dry seasons, sticking to just one of them is, all in all, probably a good idea.

Great map...

Some shots from one of my ALiVE UNSUNG missions on this beautiful terrain.

20170712140824_1.jpg?width=1125&height=620170712140906_1.jpg?width=1125&height=620170712141014_1.jpg?width=1125&height=6

• Like 13

@autigergrad

Great pix... Happy to see you here with ALiVE/Unsung - combined with this beautiful map seems to offer unlimited potential - while I haven't had the opportunity to try any of your missions yet - @HeroesandvillainsOS speaks very highly of you and I have tried and thoroughly enjoyed his work... I've been messing with the same content myself - just a rank amateur making unpolished sandbox stuff for my own pleasure - anxious to see what someone with more skill can do on this map... I've been using  @OpenDome's ORBAT factions - but - I need to modify them to suit my needs - I don't think he made any of the green factions... Recently discovered you can't equip ORBAT factions in the arsenal - which means you either have to script load outs or build your own ORBAT factions for each mission... I've just been making very localized missions as the detail of this map has me shying away from full map ALiVE campaign - I'm still running an old i2700K @ 4.7Ghz (which is giving me decent performance so far) - I think it's getting to be time for a new box and a 21:9 monitor... Anyway - please keep us posted on anything you do for this map - LOL - as I just can't seem to get enough of Prei Khmaoch Luong...

Regards,
Scott

• Like 1

I'm liking some of these clearings that are just barely big enough for a makeshift LZ.

Desc:

Mission still needs radio comms, briefing, tasks and some other stuff. Plus, this one isn't made with AI team mates in mind (small 4-man team), so for the testing there's some work-arounds built into it to get the AI to do what the players would.

This mission uses 5 unitCapture/unitPlay recordings for the UH-1Y flights, and the video is here mainly to show those off.

• Like 6

Everyone should give this mission a shot!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1084565171&searchtext=patrol+drugs

Sp/coop Patrol Operations - 'War on Drugs'

Short Briefing

As the war on drugs escalade out of control accross the United States of America, Marsoc Marines are brought in Prei Khomoach Luong a region infamous for drug trafficing. The majority of the region have seen the indigious population move out and militia groups move in, however reports of residents are still coming in.

Tasks

Investigate/Patrol areas of interest, Interogate civilians for intel, Destroy Narcotics labs, Kill Druglords, Stop Narcotic shipments, International drug trade, Remove narcotic slavers, Liberate villagers, Intercept Communications

Features

Adaptive Single player
Coop 24
90% Enemies randomly generated
60% Tasks randomly generated
98% Map populated (villages Camps etc)
Over 70 tasks to find/complete
Adaptive Single player and coop 24
(OPTIONAL) Request side missions from Intelligence Officer at base
Recruit Teams/squads
De-bug console and Virtual arsenal enabled for diff mods (ACE etc) 

Notes

80% of tasks will have an addaction e.g Interogate drug workers, civs, set a blaze narcotic labs, shipments etc the other remaining 20% will require fire power e.g eliminate drug lords, liberate villages, destroy weapons cache's etc

Over 30 Tasks manually placed and well over 40 tasks randomly generated ( johnny Drama Framework )

• Like 7

Thanks for a great map, we just performed a mission to take back a FOB from NVA using the UNSONG mod. Your quality of work on the FOB's is wonderful.

• Like 2

Hi Bludski and thanks a lot for your work. Prei Khmaoch Long is amazingly beautifull. While I was working on a WIP COOP mini-campaign on your map, I did this tiny video trailer. I hope you'll appreciate it.

Texts are in french but I added english subtitles. :f:

• Like 9

4 hours ago, sparfell_19 said:

C'est magnifique!

• Like 3

Mate you made one of the best map out there with this type of environment! A really great job i totally love it :D

i'm planning to make some pictures on it (DEVGRU guys clearing a village or something still thinking what the misison will be ahaha)

this is a small preview (if you are ok with that i can post all the pictures also here)

20170802000318_1.jpg

20170802000254_1.jpg

20170802000343_1.jpg

(yep they are wearing MC tropic and as they doesn't use it in current days i set the pictures in a fictional future where they start using it :P)

• Like 6

On 8/2/2017 at 10:01 AM, direone said:

Mate you made one of the best map out there with this type of environment! A really great job i totally love it :D

On 7/27/2017 at 4:12 PM, sparfell_19 said:

Hi Bludski and thanks a lot for your work. Prei Khmaoch Long is amazingly beautifull. While I was working on a WIP COOP mini-campaign on your map, I did this tiny video trailer. I hope you'll appreciate it.

Texts are in french but I added english subtitles. :f:

On 7/26/2017 at 10:06 PM, imager6 said:

Thanks for a great map, we just performed a mission to take back a FOB from NVA using the UNSONG mod. Your quality of work on the FOB's is wonderful.

Thanks my dudes! I get a kick out of watching people play on the map! I check out all the videos I can find..

The ones people keyword with the terrain name anyhow;) 

I have a lot of things planned for it in the next patch..

It will be a big update during the fall!

Do post more stuff!

• Like 7

Very nice map !!!
I have a problem ...when I play locally it work fine but when I load it on a dedicated server I receive this eror message :
"bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds.prei_Khmaoch_Luong"
Any idead what the problem could be ?
Thanks for any help...

Are there any direct downloads available other than the steam workshop? 

• Like 2

My unit ran a mission on this map this past Sunday. 25-30 guys. Performance was excellent.

The only negative I think is that I wish the map was bigger, but that's just me nitpicking.

Good job! Can't wait to see more.

I am working on an update. It should be out before end of year hollidays. I'll be back with more info and probably some pics in the near future.

• Like 9