Love the map!!

The AI get a bit hung up in the jungle, but I used the ASR AI mod and they seemed to go alright.

Mods: RHS, ASR AI3

• Like 3

Great terrain, nice work with the trenches, best map for arma3 for sure.

thanks!

• Like 1

Hands down the best jungle map out there and probably a top three user made map for Arma III. Been having so much fun with WWII jungle scenarios with the FOW mod. Other than the weird bricks all over the place the map is pretty much bugfree as well. 

• Like 3

Incredible map, so detailed and immersive I got malaria from playing it. Thanks Bludski

• Like 8

A performance hotfix is under way. Varios small fixes and tweaks yield 10-30 fps boost on my system using same visual settings as before.

People using nvidia and adaptive vsynch should have a very nice time.

Pilots can up their view range quite a bit or just enjoy more fps!

Update will be on steam some time soon.

Nothing will break in your missions!

You can follow this thread;

to keep up with what is planned for the terrain and check what else is in store the coming months.

• Like 8

Love this map, very immersive, and what's your fog settings to get that nice low fog look?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, road runner said:

Love this map, very immersive, and what's your fog settings to get that nice low fog look?

Glad you like :)

Something like this?

463A1842B44DEFF8C0CF0DE269F8BA686BAC321C

A223BF2C0768A085B70FA8D21DEACBF8EAB2A192

Takes a bit of tweaking but i like when it a bit thick close to the rivers when it rains and then be clear in the tallest parts. Needs different settings depending on time of day though.

• Like 4

Yeah, it's an awesome look and feel about it

• Like 1

This is a such a beautiful map, it'd be a shame if it wasn't used to its full potential.

So how about adding links to missions in the original post? e.g.

Prei Khmaoch Luong index - ALiVE Indexing : WiP

Zeus 48+2 Prei Khmaoch Luong =Mods Allowed=

[CO06] LRRP Ops

[CO07] Purple Swamp

[CO22] Evolution Vietnam

[UNSUNG COOP-03] Misbegotten

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, domokun said:

stuff

Added :) Thanks.

• Like 1

Hi Folks,

Played around on this map last weekend - what a superb job - seen only a fraction of it for sure... I find this kind of combat so much more satisfying than the typical maps with the Mediterranean flare... You sure captured the essence of a real fire base well... Now I need to get the ORBAT factions for Unsung working with this map (I'm partial to the early Marines armed with M-14's since this was a weapon I've actually used) - so I can use ALiVE... Plenty of jungle to reconnoiter...

Thank you again for what's obviously a massive effort and true labor of love (subscribed to your YouTube)... Bravo Zulu !!!

4307954074_c01d40f6ce_o.jpg

Regards,
Scott

• Like 2

Thanks Scott :)

For anyone interested, this is why the puddles currently don't make splashing sounds on the live version.

(forgive the cartoon bear and guy talking in the very begining, I was listening to a podcast whilst doing this)

Working around this will take time. Currently we can either have cars work properly on them OR splashing sounds due to bugs in how LODs currently work.

Testing on foot starts near the end of the vid.

As someone who struggled for ages to implement some kind of ambient puddle system, I personally think the puddles are one of the best features of the map, splashes or no splashes. Speaking of splashes, there are lots of small dry creeks and paths that make splashing sounds when walked through. Are you planning on adding puddles or other water objects to these eventually?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, tpw said:

Speaking of splashes, there are lots of small dry creeks and paths that make splashing sounds when walked through. Are you planning on adding puddles or other water objects to these eventually?

Puddles yes, water? Petition BI to fix the CalmWater shader.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bludski said:

Puddles yes, water? Petition BI to fix the CalmWater shader.

Will do, I'm sure they'll add it to their high priority list along with female units.

By the way I have managed to make smallish puddle objects that have splash fx and apparent vehicle compatibility. PM me if you feel like it.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, tpw said:

Will do, I'm sure they'll add it to their high priority list along with female units.

By the way I have managed to make smallish puddle objects that have splash fx and apparent vehicle compatibility. PM me if you feel like it.  

Ones that let you scale them without stuff in the video happening?

8 minutes ago, bludski said:

Ones that let you scale them without stuff in the video happening?

Actually no, just tried to drive through a larger (10m)  one and ended up airborne. Smaller ones (1-2m) were OK. Forget I mentioned it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tpw said:

Actually no, just tried to drive through a larger (10m)  one and ended up airborne. Smaller ones (1-2m) were OK. Forget I mentioned it.

Yeah thought so ;) 

If you scale them down, players can walk on them fine, if you scale them up, cars can drive on them fine but players can't walk.

My solution is making several different sized p3ds or add a detail texture under the puddles on the map later. Time consuming AF.

1 minute ago, bludski said:

Yeah thought so ;) 

If you scale them down, players can walk on them fine, if you scale them up, cars can drive on them fine but players can't walk.

My solution is making several different sized p3ds or add a detail texture under the puddles on the map later. Time consuming AF.

Well I tried the different sized p3d approach with otherwise identical configs. Players can walk and splash across all of them, cars can only drive across the smaller ones it seems.

I hope you can sort something out, your puddles really add so much to the tropical waterlogged muddy ambience - I've seriously never seen anything like it on an Arma map before.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, tpw said:

stuff

Thanks. I'm gonna come up with something :)

• Like 4

The terrain not only uses the objects but also the sounds/ambience and inherits from the terrain config.

So you would love to make it open to everyone but Bohemia only made the assets from Tanoa free to use but left out other stuff? That sucks they might as well not have done aynthing at all that way :down:

Either way: Awsome map. Thank you very much for making it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sternkraft said:

So you would love to make it open to everyone but Bohemia only made the assets from Tanoa free to use but left out other stuff? That sucks they might as well not have done aynthing at all that way :down:

Either way: Awsome map. Thank you very much for making it

In reality, the assets aren't open to modding yet. You can't use any of it simply by using the official tools and add the objects to your library and build in terrain becuase the files are still encrypted.

There are some painful ways to work around this and too complicated for me to bother going on about here, (try a3 discord #terrain_makers if you need to know) but just because some of the apex files are included for everyone, does not mean they are fully avaiable for modding and as such, until these things are completely sorted, apex requirement stands.

I have all the files and experimenting to find out what works or doesn't for everyone else for how ever long that will last is outside my interest. Tough luck.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I bought apex just for Tanoa which is an awesome terrain and worth the money and to make terrains myself.

Personally I couldn't care less about my terrain(s) being available to people who didn't buy the dlc.

Glad you like it :)

• Like 3

Hi Folks,

Wholeheartedly concur - we spend small fortunes on hardware capable of running this stuff - if you enjoy Arma I find it baffling that people really object at the few extra bucks Tanoa costs - if it keeps BI around more than happy to contribute - like many I bought APEX strictly for the terrain - the campaigns, weapons, and units could go right in the trash as I have less than zero interest in imagined future warfare - thank god for third party content... The upgrades APEX provided to Unsung alone warrant the price of admission... I really was getting tired of all the Mediterranean and Middle Eastern combat - jungle combat opens a whole new world - such as this beautiful map...

@bludski - I see you have at least two planned maps in Cambodia - obviously this one is dense jungle - what's different about the second area ??? Keep up the fine work...

Also - just curious - would you know how Prei Khmaoch Luong is pronounced ? Could you spell it out phonetically ?

Regards,

Scott

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

@bludski - I see you have at least two planned maps in Cambodia - obviously this one is dense jungle - what's different about the second area ??? Keep up the fine work...

The difference is fish and rice ;) The next one is more flat, flooded and swampy with good fishing and lots of rice fields. More open, slightly larger, not as tall forests (not entirely set on size yet, layout sitll being developed) and more vehicle oriented. If I can wrestle TB into submission and get good enough ground details to make rice patties how I want them.

Screenie from some experiments. This is not the actual map and not really representative but rather an indication of the general layout I am going for:

g6zZwhf.jpg

Compared to this pic: anyhere in or close to the water that isn't inahbited would be entirely overgrown with mangroves.

• Like 5