PSYKO_nz

Olive skin on armed hellcat/wild cat?

I've been playing wyqer's epic kp liberation mission and have been editing the presets to accommodate nzarma specific stuff and ai units, I use the Hellcat/wildcat a lot in the game as a support chopper, but I'm sick of looking at the ugly af AAF digi camo paint job on it.

the chopper is loaded in via class name every time somebody spawns it, so the option of changing the colour via edit unit in the editor for the mission isn't an option, I cant find a classname for an olive armed hellcat/wildcat only an olive unarmed one. both armed options are digi awe full camo

anybody know of a way to spawn a unit with a specific paint job? one that it has access to but not a classnamed variant of?

(this would actually be useful for many of the units we use not just the chopper)

Just change the texture. I guess you spawn your helo on server. So:

_helo = createVehicle ["I_Heli_light_03_dynamicLoadout_F",yourPositionHere,[],0,"none"];

_helo setObjectTextureGlobal [0,"\A3\Air_F_EPB\Heli_Light_03\data\Heli_Light_03_base_CO.paa"];

Usually, you'll find the alternate textures in the config viewer. See hiddenSelectionTexture for the class you want, then pay attention to the "selection number" (the part) the texture will be applied. (Just one here = 0 , for your Hellcat).

• Like 1

Another way is to call the virtualGarage, select your vehicle and paint it, press ctrl+c and you get something like this:

_veh = createVehicle ["I_Heli_light_03_dynamicLoadout_F",position player,[],0,"NONE"];
[_veh,["Green",1],true] call BIS_fnc_initVehicle;

• Like 1

Come on Pierre, you know (almost) everything.

Same as VirtualArsenal.

Arma keeps on surprising us.

• Like 1

sorry for the late reply, Xmas New Years etc

here is how its called, its part of kp liberation

["I_Heli_light_03_unarmed_F",225,0,125],                            //WY-55 Hellcat
    ["I_Heli_light_03_dynamicLoadout_F",225,200,125],                    //WY-55 Hellcat (Armed)

that's the 2 lines that relate to the chopper, all you have to do is put in a classname and then the 3 values (the values relate to supplies)

["vehicle classname",how many supply,how many ammo,how many fuel],

any idea how to squeeze a skin change in?

@Wyqer any ideas? how to make this work?  _veh = createVehicle ["I_Heli_light_03_dynamicLoadout_F",position player,[],0,"NONE"]; [_veh,["Green",1],true] call BIS_fnc_initVehicle;

\scripts\client\build\do_build.sqf

line 321

switch (_classname) do {

in this switch you add another case:

case "I_Heli_light_03_dynamicLoadout_F": {[_vehicle,["Green",1],true] call BIS_fnc_initVehicle;};

\scripts\server\game\save_manager.sqf

line 287

if (_nextclass in civilian_vehicles) then {
    KP_liberation_cr_vehicles pushBack _nextbuilding;
};

after this if you add another if:

if (_nextclass == "I_Heli_light_03_dynamicLoadout_F") then {
    [_nextbuilding,["Green",1],true] call BIS_fnc_initVehicle;
};

You, sir, are a freaking legend!

all done and it works perfectly, that olive colour is sooooo much better than the awful digi camo!

am I safe to assume that I can now do the same with other paint jobs for things within liberation?

just by adding and editing those bits?

Yes, with repeating these two additions you can add more things which should be done to a built/loaded vehicle of a specific classname.