Diver_

EXPORTNOGRID and TOPOGRAPHY not writing file to C: Root

I have been trying to export images of maps (at the moment I have been trying without mods however I will need to do this with mods) using this guide http://killzonekid.com/arma-scripting-tutorials-how-to-export-topography/however it does not want to write to the C: Root folder, I am running as Administrator using both Windows 10 Pro and primarily Windows 10 Enterprise. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPN_QrH0IfI This is a screen recording I have just done on my pc, it comes up with Activated TOPOGRAPHY and Activated EXPORTNOGRID however I am not getting a file in my root drive

I am able to copy files directly to the C: Drive root with Admin permissions, I have also unsubscribed from all mods and run it from a new install, however, I am still not getting anywhere.

Has anyone else had a similar problem that they have been able to fix, if so how?

Is there some sort of Parameter (or something similar) I can use to tell Arma 3 to save these files to a different location (e.g. C:\temp\)

I am experiencing the same problem as stated above. Has anyone found a solution for this?

Hello,

your issue is not related to Win10 but to the introduction of the Eden editor. Topography and exportnogrid is NOT working on Eden despiste seeing the right message (ie activated topography).

This is only working on the old 2D editor.

To run it, you need to click on the editor box at the start menu. Select your map but do not press OK. Instead, press CTRL O. You will end up in the 2D editor.

Now, do the usual steps (shift - then topography or exportnogrid). You will NOT see any message on screen.

Quit Arma.

check you C:\ and enjoy your emf file ! 

🙂

• Thanks 1

Tbh that seems like a bug, we didn't intentionally break that.
Can you please create a ticket on feedback tracker and ping @dedmen there? thanks!

• Like 1