Sign in to follow this  
Tex -USMC-

Vbs site updated

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Dec. 03 2002,04:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is it really so important to get VBS1 for you guys?  I mean, it's not like 1.90 is so much worse.  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

VBS1 has a lot of nifty features which would make OFP a lot better, so yes, I'd love to get it. Imagine having proper artillery, the ability to record game tracks...and just look at that tall grass :O!

I have a question-if the army can release America's Army, why can't they release VBS1 as well?! I swear i'll join the US army if they release VBS1!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">if the army can release America's Army, why can't they release VBS1 as well?<span id='postcolor'>

America's Army was made by the U.S. Army for the purpose of being realeased for free.

VBS1 is a product not made by the U.S. Army, they only have a license to use it. If they distribute it themselves without asking BIS, they will get sued big time.

Anyways, why are we still putting up with shitty textures and vehicles after more than a year? Can't they transfer some of the textures and a basic model of some of the vehicles from VBS to OFP?

WTF is up with this?

I am beginning to think that the official release of OFP v1.00 should have been delayed by a year, so that we wouldn't have a need to put up with patch after patch. The original game was very buggy and still is, at v1.90.

I guess BIS would rather sell this stuff to the military instead of giving it to us for free (since we already paid for the game, and two expansions). If they released this stuff to the public, I'd buy it in no time. smile.gif

Tyler

the textures of VBS1 are monotonic. most houses in OFP has more textures, IMO.

but i'd like to see some houses, despite with monotonic textures, to have more spaces to move around. then we can put more stuff together like a city and have UW fun. Lipany is ok, but i'd appreciate more habitable houses.

in one of pics, the guy with suit entering a building on the right, looking over his right shoulder, looks like Ondrej with glasses. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the textures of VBS1 are monotonic. most houses in OFP has more textures, IMO.<span id='postcolor'>

That was intentional. The houses you see in the screenshot section are meant to look like actual military M.O.U.T. sites. They are esentially concrete 'kill houses'.

vbs1_1017s.jpg

Tyler

personally that's what i want. we got enough beautiful houses. but need more functional places for UW.(personal opinion)

Wow.. the screenshots on there just make me.. *drool*!

Hardware Requirements

Recommended System

Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000, or XP

DirectX 8

1.7 GHz Pentium 4 (or better)

512 MB RAM

NVidia GeForce 4 video card with 64 MB Ram

16-Bit Direct Sound Compliant Sound Card

24x CD-ROM Drive

700 MB Hard Drive space

Minimum System

Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000, or XP

DirectX 8

1.0 GHz Pentium III

256 MB RAM

NVidia GeForce 2 video card with 32 MB RAM

16-Bit Direct Sound Compliant Sound Card

8x CD-ROM Drive

700 MB Hard Drive space  

Doesn't take much to run it : )

ok guys I WANT TO CRY. Why was I not born in the USA so I could join the Marines?confused.gif? guys look at that there is all the stuff that is in our wishlists and more. Bis already has technology that is gonna implement in the next titles, not title for example the hovering functions for planes. Guys this is incredible, I want it, I'd pay 2K to get it. whatever I am gonna go in my corner and cry. Viper I think u r the only one who could storm in an USMC barraks and "borrow" VBS1 for us!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Dec. 03 2002,21:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">VBS1 has a lot of nifty features which would make OFP a lot better,<span id='postcolor'>

And you are so sure about this? How do you know?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Imagine having proper artillery<span id='postcolor'>

So sure again are we?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and just look at that tall grass <span id='postcolor'>

Don't let pictures decieve you. Not everything is as seems wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Dec. 03 2002,21:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I guess BIS would rather sell this stuff to the military instead of giving it to us for free (since we already paid for the game, and two expansions).

<span id='postcolor'>

You gotta be kidding me man. So, because a company saw an oppurtunity in front of them, and the developers agreed and sold it to them. You somehow think that they owe it to you to give it to you for free. Hmm....thats pretty dumb if you ask me. Just an example, when you bought Quake2, did you expect to get Quake3 for free, just because you bought the Quake2 expansion packs? Come one man, don't be stupid. mad.gif

Wasn´t there a interview with Maruk a while back. I remember somebody visited their office and played around a little with vbs. That dude mentioned about working artillery. Spank me if im wrong here.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Goeth[kyllikki] @ Dec. 03 2002,09:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wasn´t there a interview with Maruk a while back. I remember somebody visited their office and played around a little with vbs. That dude mentioned about working artillery. Spank me if im wrong here.<span id='postcolor'>

correct. i think it was a german site that did this. and this is where we made fun of empty alcohol bottles next to PC monitor.

but i'll spank you anyway tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Eligibility

The VBS1â„¢ products are only sold to federal, state, and local government agencies for military, law enforcement, homeland defense, and first responder training. To help reduce administrative costs, we request that only qualified organizations contact us for purchases or additional information.

<span id='postcolor'>

So what is really the point of going ooh and aaah over it? sad.gif

Maybe they use the artillery or some similar tec in Independence Lost. But you´re right, no uh oh goooood until that happens.

Looking at the screenshots i dont really see anything big we dont have in OFP:R already. The harrier, ok not yet, the CH53 ... someone is working on that. The 8 wheeled thing ... well someone is bound to make that some day. I have yet to see screens of OH-6's The giant ship thingy with the Helo deck and the loads and loads of Add-ons there are for OFP:R in VBS smile.gif So in one sense we are ahead of the USMC on that point smile.gif

I don´t care about those units very much, but decent working artillery would be just awesome.

Yeah, supah - you're right there. Considering how OFPR already looks on the new islands like Nogova or Nogojev, there isn't much difference to what these screenshots. Actually I doubt it can't be as the requirements listed for the engine are not so much higher than what they are for OFPR and what most gamers already have at home anyways.

I'm sure it might offer some extra stuff that would be nice (like the artillery mentioned or some new vehicles/units). The cammo for these soldiers looks very nice indeed. But that's nothing good modellers/texturers can't do / haven't done already for OFP either. I think there's way too much hype about this. Most likely OFP2 (wether it be Independence Lost or something else) will be much better (from a gamers view) anyways. Better graphics, better landscape (some of the screenshots seem to be taken on Malden or a similar low res island with some stuff added) and surely some new units, too.

wow.gif2--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Goeth[kyllikki] @ Dec. 03 2002,05wow.gif2)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don´t care about those units very much, but decent working artillery would be just awesome.<span id='postcolor'>

Don't worry, decent working artillery should come to OFPR soon enough. Especially after shells can be created using vehicleCreate...

CoC team has been trying to make realistic artillery support for a while, but it is not easy.

vbs1_3025s.jpg

wow.gif

vbs1_4001s.jpg

wow.gif  wow.gif

vbs1_4025s.jpg

wow.gif  wow.gif  wow.gif

vbs1_1025s.jpg

OMG That site is cool...

You can see every detail on that site ....  wow.gif

That´s good news bn880. Im lookin forward to see the arty in action.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Goeth[kyllikki] @ Dec. 03 2002,11:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That´s good news bn880. Im lookin forward to see the arty in action.<span id='postcolor'>

I don't want to get anyones hopes up too high, it's not news. The first sentence was a prediction (should be seperate), the others are just saying that CoC them has/is trying, and it's easier now. smile.gif

btw.... did you see that pic?

vbs1_4019s.jpg

its a normal hind... but wheres the gear? is it up?

I would like to know whats the point to drool about something we will never have?  confused.gif

lol but imagine if this whole army thing was a joke and they release vbs1 to us just a special way of advertisment tounge.gif