gc8

unit first/last name

Hi

Is it possible to change soldiers first and last name? I tried using the setIndentity command but I can't make it to work. I also tried in the eden editor to change the name in "identity" tab but that setting also seems to be ignored. I was however able to change in insignia from the "identity" tab.

Any one know how to change it?

thx!

12 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

Use setName instead. The command is effect local EL. Place it in init field of the unit, for instance.

thanks pierremgi. for some reason I thought that command was only for locations... anyway I tried it but weird thing is that it has no visual effect on the group members name. I can only verify that it "changed" the name by the name command....

Edit:

Nevermind, had to use the three argument version of the command to get it working...

Edited by gc8
figured it
  • Like 1

I'm just gonna ask here if anyone knows where are the default arma unit first/last names stored? I have been looking in configfile but only found CfgIdentities but I dont think that's it because there's only first names there.

35 minutes ago, gc8 said:

I'm just gonna ask here if anyone knows where are the default arma unit first/last names stored? I have been looking in configfile but only found CfgIdentities but I dont think that's it because there's only first names there.

They're found under CfgWorlds:

configfile >> "CfgWorlds" >> "GenericNames" >> _x >> "FirstNames"

Cheers

• Thanks 1

@Grumpy Old Man 

thanks a lot! :)

@gc8...if you want to give the unit just one single name, lets say GHOST or NOMAD or whatever, and show that call sign in the squad menu tab, just use this:

this setName ["GHOST","GHOST",""];

...combine that with the matching callsign in the Object Identity attributes, and you will have the correct name in the tag and the team leader give orders by calling his callsign..like ""GHOST...move to..."

I hope is clear enough..LOL... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1