Pink Zeppelin

Imperial Measurements Please

All right, so I have been playing the game and enjoying it quite a bit, but I have noticed that there does not seem to be an option to switch from Metric to Imperial, and Celsius to Fahrenheit. If there is a way to change it, could someone please tell me, and if not, could the developers please add the option?

20 hours ago, Pink Zeppelin said:

All right, so I have been playing the game and enjoying it quite a bit, but I have noticed that there does not seem to be an option to switch from Metric to Imperial, and Celsius to Fahrenheit. If there is a way to change it, could someone please tell me, and if not, could the developers please add the option?

I wish I could help but in the meantime, Arma is a milsim (military simulator) and so that's why most units are in Metric

Even Imperial-loving countries like the US have adopted Metric a LONG time ago:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metrication_in_the_United_States#Military

• Like 4

On 27/12/2017 at 10:44 AM, domokun said:

I wish I could help but in the meantime, Arma is a milsim (military simulator) and so that's why most units are in Metric

Even Imperial-loving countries like the US have adopted Metric a LONG time ago:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metrication_in_the_United_States#Military

It is a bit of an inconvenience, but so is life. One thing that struck me as odd is that they were using Metric for aerocrafts in the game. To my knowledge both the U.S. and U.K. measure altitude in feet.

The military (and the rest of the world) uses the Metric system. I suggest you learn son.

• Like 1

Yeah, you might've heard references to "klicks" (kilometers) as far back as 'Nam. 6-digit grids are divided in 100m squares. Caliber is given in milimeters (except holdovers like the .50cal). The military uses metric in almost everything.

The only real holdout of old units would be aviation and navy, where feet, knots and (nautical) miles are still in use.