pooroldspike

White buildings issue

Sometimes occasional buildings in the middle or far distance are plain white without any textures, and the textures only appear when I get closer.

This hadn't used to happen, so have Boh tweaked the graphics or what?

I've tried configuring every graphics setting under the sun but no matter how much juggling I do, the issue remains, any advice?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pooroldspike said:

Sometimes occasional buildings in the middle or far distance are plain white without any textures, and the textures only appear when I get closer.

This hadn't used to happen, so have Boh tweaked the graphics or what?

I've tried configuring every graphics setting under the sun but no matter how much juggling I do, the issue remains, any advice?

Is this happening in default Arma3 or with mods (if so which mods) ?

It is also visible in the editor of a vanilla game. At a stage of loading of the card, some houses lag behind in obtaining the texture. In a network game it often occurs.

36 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

It is also visible in the editor of a vanilla game. At a stage of loading of the card, some houses lag behind in obtaining the texture. In a network game it often occurs.

Thanks, I've noticed it seems to happen a lot on the KOTH servers, and it also sometimes happens in the editor, but as far as I can remember it hadn't used to happen in the past until a few weeks ago.

I know Boh are in the habit of often tweaking Arma3 (not always for the better) so I'm just wondering if they've accidentally done anything that might be causing it it, and if it can be cured?

PS- I haven't installed any mods in the past 6 months, so mods are not causing it. 

1 hour ago, R0adki11 said:

Is this happening in default Arma3 or with mods (if so which mods) ?

I haven't installed any mods for the past 6 months, and as the issue only began a few weeks ago it can't be mods that are causing it.

In fact I'm not into mods very much at all, I play mostly vanilla with just a few stock DLCs like Karts and Choppers. 

47 minutes ago, pooroldspike said:

I haven't installed any mods for the past 6 months, and as the issue only began a few weeks ago it can't be mods that are causing it.

In fact I'm not into mods very much at all, I play mostly vanilla with just a few stock DLCs like Karts and Choppers. 

If thats the case i would suggest verifying your game cache via steam and make sure that your graphics card drivers are up to date.

Could it be a dynamic view distance (mod or script).

What is you terrain setting in the pic above (looks very low)?

been noticing this too for awhile now.. this wasnt the case until the update that hit a few weeks ago. and it only happens to that certain building (the long brown house) only. rest of the buildings and houses render properly.

I have the same problem. If you use a great camera in the editor, the entire building structure is missing first. Then a white texture appears and finally the correct texture. Sometimes this building texture can flicker. The building sometimes appears without a problem but the re-entering of the building can show the problem. I checked with and without mods. The method of error varies depending on the type of situation. Driving a car in the game, using a great camera, observer mode / spectator.

Spoiler

My_komp_spec.jpg

7 hours ago, ozzbik said:

Could it be a dynamic view distance (mod or script).

What is you terrain setting in the pic above (looks very low)?

Other houses and facilities, in this and the far range, do not have this problem.

Does this also happen with bushes and/or shrubbery?

What viewdistance has been set? I think that since the jet dlc something has changed about object distance where some objects are set as landmarks.

In my case, bushes and shrubbery as if they read the textures in an almost imperceptible way. I can see it on my screen but I can not see it on the film. Mostly after rebirth, I see some of the tree crowns. It all happens at close range. I have the impression that the screen image is different from the recorded video. There is a long delay on the screen which I can not see in my recorded movies or is much smaller.

This is most evident during the multiplayer game.

i've also noticed this in vanilla non dev branch game since last big update. For me its also only the long brown house. haven't verified game cache or checked drivers yet. My very lazy fix is look at building and zoom in and it seems to force the textures to load :D

• Like 1

I also found a very similar problem with the ruins of this building, but it is different.
From the moment I noticed this error, I updated Windows 10, graphics card drivers and verified game files.
I'm working on a movie.

I've been getting this recently too. For me, its only the long stone house mentioned above that's doing it. I've verified my game cache, still happening.

Hey Jiri, Dominik and all @ BI support!

Happy new year!

SAME HERE :

Today i come up with a bug i witnessed recently (in the last 2 months approx.):

I play on Windows 10 with a GeForce 1070 and most of my graphic settings are high or above (but the error occurs also if i use "auto detect" in the graphics menu).

When i fly over an area some of the buildings' skins (mostly the longe stonebrick-ones) are not loaded, they appear as white cubes in the shape of the building. Only on shorter distance the skin is loaded and the building looks as it should.

Once it even happened, that my tank’s gunner referred to a tower nearby, one which I as a driver couldn’t see in first or third person. Actually, I couldn’t see any towers, and yes, I checked the “distance” settings.)

Did you receive similar complaints and is there anything I can do?

The error occurs in KOTH and Single Player Missions.

Thank you in advance.

With all the best for 2018 and a huge THANK YOU for an amazing ARMA3.

So nothing we can do at the moment, right?

I do not know what's happening with this game lately. For about a month this game is slowly but systematically "rotting". A similar graphic issue appeared on the forum https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/212886-graphic-bug/ which also appears in my presence but in a different form.
The problem of the "white" building is currently permanent for me, but the problem with trees and bushes has different intensity which changes in random mode to more or less visible. The problem with drawing the shape, textures is visible even in night mode with the use of night vision goggles. Driving any vehicle is a nightmare for my eyes. In addition, after a while playing and when the number of server users is slightly below 10 and more than ten users are often massacre then the FPS drops to around 30. Normally, the worst is when shooting with an approximate view of the target. Even if I have over 40 FPS, I see stuttering, lag. Very often jet aircraft, helicopters heavily lag (temporarily jump) in the most visible way. I am not a child and I can take care of my system and computer. I do systematic cleaning and updates and monitor its work parameters. I change and check the memory allocators.
My rpt files have grown very big and contain errors that are unlikely to look the best. Some of them are mission (server) errors.
I often use small additions CBA_A3, ShacKTac User Interface.
I have not had so many problems with the game for a long time. It does not matter on which server I play because I always feel the drop in game fluency.
The biggest and most visible problems are during the multiplayer game.

New video - bushes https://streamable.com/yo0wv

My rpt files https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhGMc3MQZJqr03NrU-63D0wJWrpv

My DxDiag https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhGMc3MQZJqr03Z6qi2a4zqSdWBQ

The same shrubs but observed from a different side (another location of the observer) behave correctly, however, driving a car straight ahead or rebirth of a character causes similar drawing of plant objects.

Now I've changed the graphics card on NVidia Gtx 1050 Ti 4GB. Previously, I had a Radeon HD 7870 2GB. The overall FPS is now a bit higher and more stable, but the errors remain the same.

There is a similar problem in OFP, but only at a large wall of coniferous forest.

Anyway, the last update caused some different problems.

Same problem here - and my game is installed on a SSD... :/